This past Tuesday I missed both Bible Study and The Biggest Loser because I was in Fort Worth. Not a big deal, right? It wasn't a big deal until I realized that Biggest Loser did not record. Tragedy ensued for about 5 seconds then I got over it. The reason I hate missing the show is because it's the one show they don't put it online till a week later! Waiting a week would be painful, but I could do it. However, Mandy, my roommate, realized that it recorded at her parents house, so she told me and Claire to come over on Friday night to watch it.
As lame as that sounds, I was all over watching Biggest Loser on Friday night. We went over and her dad was grilling steak and vegetables for dinner. I didn't even know we were eating over there so that was a huge treat! Mandy's sister just had a baby 3 weeks ago, and she came over too. I loved, loved, loved holding that little guy. He was all wide eyed and alert when I held him which was perfect. We also took a trip to the pond to feed the ducks with her 2 year old, which really turned into playing on the golf course. It was a gorgeous evening just for that!
We ate, chatted, laughed, watched Biggest Loser while everyone else watched Basketball, and then we went home. I love Friday nights like that. Just calm and fun!
Mandy and I stayed up chatting way to late for me to be up early Saturday morning, but there was no way I was going to miss meeting Francine Rivers! I love her books!
So, Saturday morning Jen and I met up at the Barnes & Noble to get our books signed by Francine Rivers and Beth Moore. We weren't sure if there would be a huge line or not, so we decided to meet there a little after 9 that morning. Jen got there first, took a place in line, then I followed in behind her a few minutes later. To our surprise, it wasn't super crowded which was nice.
As we were sitting in line waiting and chatting, I asked one of the ladies near us to take a picture. She happily obliged, so I handed her my camera and she snapped away. It until that moment that I took my camera back from her to review our picture, when I saw that my camera said I had no memory card. No memory card? What? I checked, and sure enough, there was no memory card.
I was about to meet Francine Rivers and I had no memory card! It was my shining moment. Way to go, Lindsee! I never leave it in my computer, but alas, I did. I referred to that moment as my epic fail of the day for the rest of the weekend. And honestly, this fail didn't help my nerves at all.
Thankfully, I had my iPhone which takes somewhat decent pictures, but I hated to be that girl. You know what I mean? Can't you see it?
"Hi Francine, I love your books. I think your writing is amazing. Thank you so much for coming and signing them for us! Would you please smile for my iPhone? Because I no longer believe in real live, legit cameras!"
Sure enough, I was that girl. Yes, yes, I was.
It was probably all my insecurity coming out which was ironic since I also waited in line for Beth Moore to sing my So Long, Insecurity book.
Nonetheless, it was a fun morning at the book store. Melissa was there with her real, live legit camera and took a few pictures so I'm hoping they turned out better than my ShakeItPhoto pictures! However, when all was said and done, I'd met Francine Rivers who signed my book, and got to hug all 3 Moore ladies. So without further ado, please review my oh-so-professional iPhone pictures from the morning.
Me and Jen waiting in line.

Me and sweet Francine Rivers. Notice what book I'm holding up. Neat, Lindsee. Epic fail yet again! That's not even her book!

Jen and the lady of the hour.

Right after the signing it started pouring rain! There happened to be a Gap right across the road, so I skipped over there and although I was mainly disappointed at their lack of good clothing, I did leave with a cute skirt for $10 that was originally $60. I'd say it was a good deal! After that I was even more ready to start wearing cute spring and summer clothes for good, but the weather had other plans because it dropped a good 50 degrees that day. No lie!
As much as I should have gone grocery shopping on my way home, I decided against it because my bed, a book and a blanket sounded more invited that any HEB store did. Seriously, what was I even thinking? HEB on a Saturday in the rain? Torture.
I did indeed go home and read, then later on changed into some more wintry clothes and headed to Pappasito's with my family. Kevyn was home for Spring Break all week so it was his last wonderful meal. Oh, the fajitas. I'm currently sitting here thinking about eating the leftovers for lunch.
Sunday morning came quickly and I have to be at church at 8. Normally I'm leaving my house around 7:45, especially the past few weeks because not only has my boss been in India on a missions trip, but I've been teaching. Imagine my shock yesterday morning when I woke up at 7:40. It was one of those moments that the clock made no sense whatsoever. I stared, thought, stared, then jumped out of bed in a frenzy. Thankfully, my hair didn't need washing since I'd washed it Saturday, but still, I hate when that happens. And believe me, it doesn't happen often!
I made it to church by 8:30 which wasn't awful! I still had more than enough time to do all that I needed to do so my stress slowly faded away. Except for the fact that my stomach turns until the minute I walk off that stage after teaching. I love it, but it gets my nerves stirring more than anything! I will say, this second week I felt much better about the message than I did the first week, which was a blessing. I have one more week in this 3 week series than I'm done! It's exhausting and exhilarating at the same time! I'd so appreciate your prayers as I prepare to teach one more week!
All in all it was a fabulously cold, spring weekend. Now that I've managed to make this post the longest post weekend update ever, I'll let you go! I've done one load of laundry and have many more to do. It's cleaning, errands and aerobics day.
Happy Monday!
8 comments:
Ah! I am so jealous you were able to meet Beth Moore! She is so gracious, I'm sure she didn't even think a thing of it that you took pictures with your iPhone! =)
I'm laughing so hard that you were holding up the wrong book. That is so funny! I love it!
That sounds like a fantastic weekend! All except the waking up late bit. It throws off my whole day when that happens!
Do you teach in front of the whole congregation? Scary! I did announcements for a year and I never could get used to it.
There is no worse feeling than being somewhere once-in-a-lifetime amazing and not having your camera! (or memory card)
Ha ha! to holding up Beth's book while you pose w/Francine! She probably didn't mind.
So exciting about the book signing, and I love Biggest Loser too!!
Whats HEB?
your so funny! Glad you got to go, you and Jen look so cute! PTL though for phones that take pics now huh?!
HAHA
I about spit out my water when I realized you did not even have a Francine Rivers book in your hand - BAHAHA
That is classic and totally something I would have done as well
Love you Lindsee Lou!
Hey Lindsee,
Its interesting you speak of Beth Moore becuase I just had the awesome oppurtunity to see her teach today at Houston First Baptist church on 1-10...it was awesome...she just delved into the word and served it up in amazing yet insightful way...she is definitely amazing!!!
Post a Comment