I know in context that saying is more for opposite sex relationships, but I'm not so sure it goes for choosing your roommates as well.
You see, there are a few things you need to know about me, that you may not already know.
I am tall.
I have long legs.
I have school spirit.
So check me out.
Ha. Kidding!
SNL, anyone?
Anyway, moving along.
Very seriously, though, I am tall and I do have very long legs. If I told you my inseam, you might gasp. Jeans are the one item of clothing that I absolutely splurge on for the mere fact that it's next to impossible to find some that don't look like high waters on me if I don't pay a substantial amount of money on them. It's just the cold, hard truth. That, and well, I think a nice, perfect fitting pair of jeans is essential.
Another thing you need to know about me is I have a very short roommate.
While I understand that sounds very rude to say, it is again, just the cold, hard truth.
We both land on opposite sides of the spectrum. We're both the extreme, the exception if you will. And we willingly acknowledge this truth.
So imagine our hilarious surprise when this summer while at shoe store playing around, I put on four inch heels and Michaela was wearing flats. I looked like a complete giant next to her. (For the record, I would never buy four inch heels. The highest heel I own is three inches, and that was for my BFF's wedding.)
Please see for yourself...

Please note three things:
1) She barely comes up to my shoulder.
2) I am almost the height of the door.
3) And I could barely walk in those heels.

Very quickly after this picture was snapped, I asked her to pay up since she was taking a picture with a statue.
Thankfully, we have a third roommate that fits perfectly in between us which helps us raise the bar. Get it? AT&T? I really need to stop with the corny jokes this morning.
If only I really had a picture of us raising the bar.
For now, I'll just consider each of us the drink sizes at Starbucks.
Tall, Grande and Venti.
Those may not be the most endearing terms, but they portray a correct representation of what's living under our apartment roof.
Notice how Michaela is standing on her tippy toes.
I'm like the Mother Hen.
9 comments:
I thought your jokes were funny!
what girl doesn't LOVE that bargain room at DSW? it's magical.
yes, you are tall....and tan...and gorgeous! love this :)
Lindsee, I laughed all the way through this post. And I'm totally behind the idea of Starbucks using you and your roommates as drink sizes, haha.
I love this! You guys are perfect for each other!
You are P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S! And I like tall. Both of my daughters-in-law are tall, 5'10" and 6' and I hope my granddaughter is tall too!
Happy New Year to you. I think of you often.
Mrs. Jan :)
You are tall! And beautiful!
Funny post.
I'm tall too... what jeans do you buy?
Joe's are amazing for tall people!
Hilarious. Are you is DSW?!
Post a Comment