Monday, January 3, 2011

A Late Christmas Recap

I know it's a week or so late, but a Christmas recap is better than no recap at all, is it not?

We had a very slow, calm Christmas this year and it was perfect. Pretty much from this summer on, I have been pretty busy, so to be calm and not rushed was perfect. Also, my mom had surgery nine days before Christmas, so it wasn't like a ton of energy was present in our home.

Christmas Eve we spent at church like we typically do. I sang on the praise team and my mom played the piano. Little known fact about my mom is that she has played the piano at our church for over 20 years. Can you believe that? I happen to think she's the best piano player and teacher around, but I'm biased. : ) We did two services and they were both wonderful! However, right before the last service, a torrential downpour decided to hit, making us push back our service a few minutes just so we could get people in the door. It was so crazy! It went from clear to awful weather very quickly.

After the service we headed to our pastor's house. They are like family to us and it was great just chatting and eating snacks!

Because our entire family lives in Colorado our Christmases tend to differ. Sometimes we go there, sometimes they come here, but this year it was just us. We usually spend every holiday with our good friends, the Snow's, and we did just that this year, but we didn't head over there until that evening.

We woke up that morning, all relaxed, my dad cooked a wonderful meal, and then we ate and opened gifts. It was so great! My favorite gift? A new pair of running shoes. Getting ready for this Sprint Triathlon has made me ask for things I never would have considered asking for. I love it! There is absolutely no doubt that I'll be putting them to good use.

That night we brought all of our left overs to the Snow's and some other folks joined us and we played games. My favorite moment of the night was when Cheryl (my BFF's mom) and I won Salad Bowl. Jen and I dominate at that game every single time and it was no doubt that Cheryl was channeling Jen that night, especially since she was in Louisiana with her hubby. I texted Jen right away so that she could share in our sweet victory!

It was a very wonderful day and I am so thankful for my super fun family and our wonderful friends.

The week of Christmas, a few of us went to look at all the lights in River Oaks. They are beautiful! However, there is one home in particular that has a rather large, very creepy angel sitting in the front yard. I don't understand it, but I really needed to take a picture for you all to see. Creepy, huh?!

Moving on...this is my friend Jennifer. I was her nanny from when she was four months old until she was almost four. I was obsessed with her and loved her like she was mine. Now she's in fourth grade and is so big! She came over to see us on Christmas. I just love her!

Ready to eat! My mom and I were both missing our Christmas dishes. But we hadn't pulled them down this year! Bummer.

Brothers! I'm not sure why I'm slouching so bad, but I love them.
This is our Katrina friend, Jessie. She is very much a part of our family and we love her. She was so happy opening her gifts on Christmas day!
Mom got Despicable Me for Christmas and a minion came in the package. I instantly claimed it as my own. ; )
I think they are hilarious. No worries, though. I broke up with him right after this picture. I think I could do better than a minion. ; )
My mom has a Thomas Kinkade village. We have them all over our home! They really are very neat at night when they're all lit up.
My mom was looking good for having just had surgery nine days earlier!
My crazy family!
Merry Christmas from all of us to you!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!


1 comment:

SELBY said...

i'd say the minion was not quite living up to your stature ;)