Wednesday, January 12, 2011

These are my Confessions

Last night after I got home from visiting with my friend Allison, one of my very favorite people in the world, in her super adorable house, I got online real quick and read this confessions post by Amanda. I thought it was hilarious and brilliant so I decided to be a copy cat. Please note, I didn’t get home until after midnight, so it was very, very late. These are my confessions.

- I am naturally a very nosey person. I want to know anything and everything.

- I used to be a legit facebook stalker. In a way I still am (I mean, who isn't?) but it's calmed down a bit. Sometimes I get bored with facebook.

- What is all the hype about Johnny Depp? I don't find him the least bit attractive. Never have. And don’t think I ever will.

- I don't enjoy being around hyper-spiritual people. I think there's a difference between loving the Lord genuinely with all your heart, soul and mind and being hyper-spiritual. It seems somewhat fake. I do enjoy, however, being around real, genuine, Jesus-loving people.

- According to my last statement, apparently I am very judgmental. These are confessions after all.

- I've considered deleting the last two confessions about fifteen million times. Clearly, I kept them.

- Every now and then, I consider leaving my job to go teach because of the higher pay. I am human, after all. The love of my job, however, keeps me from leaving every time. : )

- I like shopping. Too much.

- Sometimes I think that if I forget about my school loans, they'll just go away and I won't have to pay them.

- I don't like going anywhere without make-up on. I think it takes me back to my days when I was on Accutane and had really bad acne. My self-image was poor and I fear it will all return at any moment. Hence the make-up.

- I'm very afraid I'll be taken away in an ambulance at my Sprint Triathlon during the first leg of the race, swimming.

- This may be TMI, but my body seems to hate anything "honey nut". I'll leave it at that.

- I stopped drinking Diet Coke (or soda in general) about a year and a half ago. However, this summer in Belize, Diet Coke was my only hope of caffeine. And I needed it, badly. I’m now back in the habit of drinking it once a week or once every few weeks, but I act as though I never drink it. It’s just really good.

- In training for this Sprint Triathlon, I am rewarding myself with two things: Diet Coke and Girl Scout Cookies.

- I’m afraid that after reading this, you may hate me. If you do, I’d rather not know. Insecure much?

15 comments:

Lauren said...

We all have those secret confessions. Love it! :)

BeckyJo606 said...

I love your post about confessions! I agree about people being "hyper-spiritual". And, I cannot believe you were able to ever break your diet coke addiction... mine is still going strong!!

Molly said...

I peg you as a Brad Pitt girl!

Ashley McWhorter said...

1. I've never thought Johnny Depp was attractive. Thank you for not letting me be the only one. I was beginning to wonder. :)
2. I was on Acutane all through high school too. There were some days that my face was so broken out, I would skip school (with my parents knowing, of course) and stay home. I have actually prayed many times that my children never have to deal with this.

Lindsey said...

Not only do I not hate you...your honesty makes me love you even more! And...I'm going to go out and confess that I am right there with you on the hyper-spiritual type. Whoops!!

Deidre said...

Ha! I love your confessions. They make me love you even more. I let out a big sigh over the hyper-spiritual confession. I walked into a gathering just before Christmas that I thought was a work party. It turned out to be a prayer group, which was awesome, but the lady leading it was what I would've considered hyper-spiritual. I became so uncomfortable. SO uncomfortable. I left thinking, "What on earth is wrong with me? Am I saved?" haha

I'm thinking about deleting this comment, but I'm going to submit it before I can :)

Deidre said...

OMG - the word verification for that last comment was 'hypersp' - WHAT? Is that you, Lord? I should've deleted it :)

Callie said...

after reading this, I love you more :)!!

Erin Ward said...

Just stumbled over here from Amanda's blog. :) I'm not that fond of Johnny Depp either. He's kind of strange and scraggly.

Becky Kiser said...

loved this post. and until you started talking about your triatholon we had every item but one in common! maybe that's why i like you.

SELBY said...

i definitely feel the same way about Johnny Depp. he is a good actor, just not attractive.

Katie said...

This post was great! I loved it and you made me giggle!

Amanda said...

Maybe you do not like Johnny Depp because he is too old for you?

The Johnsons said...

I think Johnny Depp would be more attractive if he looked like he showered more and smelled less. Nothing against a guy smelling manly but you know...

Angela Baylis said...

Happy Blogoversary, Lindsee! Keep writing! Which blog post touched you the most in this last 4 years? Maybe if you feel comfortable sending me your address I'll send you some Girl Scout Cookies?! Which are your favorite? I may just be able to track some down for you. You have blessed me beyond measure since I met you on your blog!
Much love, friend!
Angie

p.s. Wish I could join you for Bible study tonight! :)