Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Delightful Weekend

I loved this weekend for so many reasons.

Let me count the ways...

It started on Friday when I left work and proceeded to leave my computer shut for the next 48 hours. Can I tell you how much I loved it? For the past two weekends it's been like that for no particular reason, but I might see if I can make it a habit.

Because of said computer fast, I was SO productive all weekend.

From Friday night to Saturday night here are the things I accomplished in order of appearance: Garden Ridge, Sports Authority, Kroger, cooked up some chili, put in 30 Day Shred, shredded, crafted, meeting at 7:00 AM, ran, swam, home, cleaned kitchen, post office, bank, Target, Chick-Fil-A, cleaned, showered, hosted Chocolate Party of 2011.

I am every woman.

Except I'm totally not.

However, lest you think I'm not going to elaborate on the Chocolate Party of 2011, you are so very wrong.

About a month ago my friend Missy emailed me to see if I wanted to help host said chocolate party and if I was willing, could I host it at my apartment. It didn't take me two seconds to send her a reply with a fist pump yes!

Chocolate. Girls. Party. Talking. Laughing. Valentine's Day. What more could a girl want? I was so excited!

If you want to host a chocolate party in your future, here's what you need:

1) A bunch of willing, excited girls.

2) Chocolate fondue.

3) Items for dipping such as pretzels, graham crackers, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas and apples.

4) A joyful attitude. (Though chocolate will do that to you anyway.)

5) Hot cocoa. (Annalee's Mix)

6) Loose pants.

7) A hungry stomach.

8) A ticket in. (Your favorite chocolate candy)

9) Goodie bags for party favors on your way out the door that you stuff full of your favorite candies.

10) Sweet friends.

Seriously, y'all, we had so much fun! I never cease to enjoy the constant buzz of conversations going on around the room. Topics flowed from tires, to bad dates, to TV shows, to life updates, to toilet paper choices, story time and so on and so forth. You get the idea. Lots of women in one room means lots of chatter.

When I tell people I'm hanging out with my "blog friends" they look at me like I'm nuts. What I want people to know is that although we may have met through the blog, these are my blog-turned-real-life-friends. If not, I don't know if I would have ever opened up my home to them. I trust them. I love them. They are a blast.

I may not be "in a relationship", but I can assure that I went to bed with the fullest heart of the relationships the Lord has allowed me to have with these ladies. It is such a sweet blessing! Thank you, Missy, for coming up with such a great idea, and letting me be a part of hosting it. And thank you, sweet friends, for coming!

For the record, I ripped all the pictures, but one, off Missy and Heather's blogs. Thanks, girls!

Look how pretty and inviting my table looked?

Chatter boxes.

Heart to heart?!


Everywhere you looked, there you found some more talking. I loved it!

Sweet friends!


The entire group! Aren't we so thankful for timers on our cameras? These ladies delight me.
Top: Angela, Amanda, Ashely, Erin, Me and Heather
Bottom: Jen, Debra, Kelli (Baby Anslee) and Missy


Lastly, today was my sweet roommate, Bethany's birthday. After leading small group tonight we came home and made ourselves dinner. I re-heated some chili, while she whipped up a PB&J rice cake, because we're fancy like that. I love her and am so thankful for her! Happy Birthday, Stebanie! ; )


10 comments:

jenny said...

This is such a good idea! A chocolate girls date night!!! How much fun you all had! Awesome!~ Love the "loose pants"

Fran said...

What a beautiful bunch of girls...inside and out!!!! Love ya Lindsee Lou!! ((hugs))

The Johnsons said...

The loose pants comment cracked me up! I guess stretchy skinny jeans work, too! ;)

Angela said...

Lindsee, I had such a great time! Thanks for having me. I can't wait to do it again. Maybe we will see you tomorrow!

Happy love day!

Ashley said...

What a fun weekend!

Amanda said...

These pics are so fun! What a blast!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Thank you for being such an incredible hostess! Loved being with you and all the other girlies! Such a fun night! Can't wait until next time!!! :)

Kelli said...

You are an awesome hostess! I can't wait for the next girls night!

Thanks for LOVING on Annslee!

She can't wait for a biggest loser/slash Lindsee snuggle night!

Heather said...

Thanks for doing this!! I had a great time, a perfect girls night!! You are a great hostess and your apartment is just delightful!!

annalee said...

oh wow, your apt is adorably cute!
so so sad to miss the choc-o-late fiesta, but loved being there in spirit thanks to the hot cocoa mix and these pics:)