Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One Less Lonely Girl

Valentine’s Day of 2011 will go down in the books as one of the best Valentine’s Days ever.

I am a hopeless romantic.

And although yesterday wasn’t the most romantic day of my life, it was definitely the best Valentine’s Day I’ve ever had.

It started in the morning when I woke up with a few sweet texts from friends. They love me well.

The best text was from my mom saying that she had just watched Josh Groban on The Today Show. Apparently, after his performance, he admitted that he’d be spending the rest of the day in a bathtub full of tears. Alone.

Don’t worry, Josh. I’m on my way. I was so willing and happy to spend the day with him. January must of dumped the that darling a while back. Bless his heart.

Anywho, after failing at getting a hold of Josh, I threw on some clothes and went and met my friend Dana at the movies. You see, earlier in the week I had admitted to wanting to see the Justin Bieber movie, Never Say Never.

I need to you know that I’ve never been a Bieber fan. I have nothing against the child prodigy, but I’ve never gotten in to any of his music. In fact, I actually only know one song of his. However, when Paramount Pictures is going to make a movie about a 16 year old boy, I’m intrigued. Thankfully, I wasn’t the only curious adult out there.

So, Dana and I marched ourselves into the EMPTY movie theater, chose are seats strategically, and then enjoyed a 3D (completely unnecessary) documentary about a boy who sold out his show during his first tour ever to Madison Square Garden in 22 minutes. Whoa.

Would you hate me if I told you that I loved it? That I even cried a little? (Totally unexpected.) That I went home and purchased his album after realizing it is perfect music to work out to? That I was beyond tickled that two grown women went to see a movie about a teenage boy all by themselves and we were the ONLY ONES in the entire theater? That I was thankful we didn’t have to watch it with 200 screaming teenage girls?

It was epic, y’all.

To redeem our crazy excursion, we treated ourselves to lunch at Newks after the movie. A very adult friendly restaurant with normal food like salad, sandwiches and soup. It was delightful.

After lunch we laughed, hugged then went our separate ways.

Upon arriving at my apartment, I had not one, but two bouquets of flowers waiting for me. This was after my dad surprised me by putting flowers on my car after church on Sunday. One bouquet was from my sweet roommate Bethany, and the other bouquet is a mystery. Both very pretty and nicely scented! It made my heart happy. The most important part about all of this is we currently have six, I repeat SIX, bouquets of flowers in our apartment. None of us are complaining.

Shortly after that I went to the gym where I ran, biked and swam. Whew! What a work out. Thankfully, Bieber kept me company the entire time. Well, except for when I was swimming, of course.

I threw dry clothes on after working out and then met my parents, in my lovely attire, at a Thai food place near their house where I indulged in Chicken Fried Rice and proceeded to talk their ear off about Bieber. Are you surprised? At this point, you shouldn’t be. It was a lovely Valentine’s dinner and one that didn’t cost me a penny. Amen!

I came home, took a shower and then turned on The Bachelor. Yes, yes I did. Please don’t judge. I think it was only appropriate to end such a wonderful day on a dramatic note. Thankfully, crazy town Michelle was not given a rose and I slept peacefully that night after thanking the Lord for such a perfect, joyful, wonderful Valentine’s Day.

By far, for no reason at all, my favorite one ever. Thank you, Jesus!

Dana and I sporting our nifty 3D glasses. Alone. In the theater.

Some sweet blessings. Chocolate from Dana, flowers from my dad, and the mystery flowers.

Daisy's that Bethany left on my dresser. So sweet! I could get used to having this many flowers in our apartment all the time. : )


What was your favorite part of Valentine's Day of 2011?

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Lindsee, this just made my heart smile big!!! SO glad you had such a wonderful day!!!!! :)

Patty said...

What a wonderful day! I have been curious about the Bieber frenzy but he is a cutie and his songs get stuck in my head. :)

I, too, got flowers. A dozen orange roses. They decided to open up on Valentine's Day. I also got some jewelry and we had take out and I also watched the Bachelor. I was so happy that Michelle is gone.

God blessed us with 60 degree weather and it was a sunny day! Praise Him!

I am so happy you had the best Valentine's Day!

Love,
Patty

debra parker said...

you make my life more fun!

my favorite part of VDAY was watching E participate in Just Dance 2.

He beat everybody!

Amanda said...

Your flowers are so pretty! Which ones were from your daddy and which were the surprise?

Angela said...

You have a secret admirer! How Fun!!!!! Flowers are the best...I think they complete a room. ;-)

Have a great week.

I think I need to go see the movie! Maybe I will make Debra go with me.

Jaclyn said...

i love that bieber made you cry :)
I am so happy you had such agreat day! you deserve it. i also love that you have flowers from an unknown source :)

Adam & Emily said...

I loved your Valentines day! Can I also tell you I watched the Bachelor as well and was SO RElIEVED crazy town Michelle went home? I had been worried he wasn't going to do it and it is so clear she is crazy. Made me feel better too:)

Emily