Pretend I’m competing in the Miss USA pageant and they asked me to describe my perfect weekend. It would look something like this.
(Imagine this all said in a pageant tone. Think Miss Congeniality if your imagination can’t go there.)
“I think my perfect weekend would include some evening worship on Friday night to refresh my soul, a little non-competitive 5k run on Saturday morning to get my workout in all while supporting stroke research, a little nap and resting for my tired body after the big race, church on Sunday, then a picnic at a gorgeous park with some of my favorite people in perfect 70 degree weather with zero humidity where we indulge in marshmallow and peanut butter sandwiches, play a little kickball, then end the afternoon at Berripop to enjoy a little fro-yo. Oh, and I can’t forget about small group with my high school freshman girls. That would be the perfect weekend. Oh, and world peace.”
Wait? Did I just describe my perfect weekend? I think I actually just had the perfect weekend doing all those things. Who knew?
It could be the endorphins still screaming, but I really did have a great weekend. It wasn’t too fast, too slow, too hot or too cold. It was just right.
At Stride for Stroke on Saturday morning my attitude would have told you otherwise since I was less than thrilled to be running in misty, cold weather, but after our run, I was all kinds of happy. It was after the race that I realized the blessing of the weather because it was perfect for napping. Of course, the sun decided to bless us with its presence on the drive home, but I was still happy that I’d run three miles without stopping. It gave me hope and confidence for my upcoming triathlon!
So, as this Sunday evening nears midnight, I’d like to give you a free recipe for a perfect weekend.
Worship with Hillsong United live and in person + running three miles non-stop and loving the endorphins + taking a nap + having a picnic at a park in the perfect weather + eating fro-yo = the perfect weekend.
You’re welcome.
Hillsong United!

My parents got last minute tickets. Originally their tickets were in the pit, where the youngins' would be jumping up and down, so they traded with two of my friends.

Some of our group after it was over.

Roomies! (Michaela feels the need to do this in most pictures because I don't already tower over her enough.) ; )


Bethany and I putting the chip on our shoe. It was a process.

Yes, there was a clown at the 5k.

The start and finish line!

We did it!

B and I were so happy we ran without stopping! I think we were a little too impressed with ourselves. ; )

Picnic at Memorial Park with the Despres'.

Sophie and I! Love her. We have a date to Target planned in the very near future.

Sawyer kept saying, "Lindsee Eddy, take a picture." I love that he felt the need to say my full name. All day.

"Lindsee Eddy, take a picture of me balancing this stick."

Kickball!


It was girls vs. boys.


Team Testosterone.

Team Estrogen. (Sawyer thought it would be fair to put Ben on our team to even things out a bit. That was very nice of him. He was a good sport on a team full of GIRLS! Then Mike showed up at the end of our game.) And yes, I played kickball in my church clothes. Boots and all. I was unprepared for a sporty afternoon.

Berripop!


I have mature taste buds.

Sawyer was cold, so he strategically placed himself in the sun. Smart boy.

World peace, friends. World peace.
4 comments:
i love it! yes, world peace please. Also, how cute are you in your runnning attire? I want to be like you :)
Yes, perfect weekend.
You are so cute!
Except for when you first described a 5K as a 'little run'. Every one I run in nearly kills me :) You are definitely ready for your big race!
Jaclyn, what happened to your comment? Sad day. I'm reposting it. : )
i love it! yes, world peace please. Also, how cute are you in your runnning attire? I want to be like you :)
It was really nice meeting you Ms. Eddy...I likened it to seeing a celebrity and not wanting to bother them...but my classmates were like "oh I am sure she won't mind"!! LOL...and I remember you saying something about being tall and loving it, lol... I was such a daze. Oh and Berripop's yogurt is really good..loved it with my fresh fruit, lol!!
Post a Comment