I am not close to becoming a mother, but one glance at the pictures on my phone and I think you'd realize quickly that I love children, especially babies. They fill my love tank the minute I look at them. There is just something about that tiny little human body that absolutely fascinates me. They are just a mini version of us. Sometimes my thoughts are very profound.
Lately, the babies have come in multitudes. They're everywhere! And I do everything I can to get my hands on them. I've been very successful.
Our friends, Becky and Daniel, went to serve on the mission field last year overseas. Upon arriving, they realized they were pregnant. With twins, nonetheless! So exciting! They prayed about different options as to what to do, and it was in their best interest, and the babies interest, to deliver in the US. Plus, they have two other kids already and although the thought of traveling wasn't fun, it just seemed like the wisest option to come back. They came home to do just that which made all of us very happy because that meant we got to love on them. And love on them we did. A few weeks ago the roomie and I headed over to their house to hold them. The best part about twins is there is more love to go around! We soaked up every minute with them. I'm secretly hoping I can hold them again before they head back overseas. I know they'd appreciate your prayers as they transition back to a foreign land with four kids! Becky is my hero.
Shortly after that, sweet Callie had baby Cami. Also her fourth child! Seriously, I need to hop on this bandwagon soon. It was my greatest delight to go visit Callie in the hospital and meet Baby Cami as she was only two days old. I hogged that baby. Sorry, Kelli! Callie makes me laugh so much and I love her to pieces. She is also supermom in my eyes.
Y'all might remember last year when I was living with my friend, Claire. Her husband was serving in Iraq so Mandy and I moved in with her to keep her company for that year. Well, Russell has been home safe and sound for a year (praise the Lord!) and surprise, baby Bradley is here safe and sound as well! He is six days old today and has stolen my heart. I had every intention of meeting him at the hospital, but I unfortunately left for San Antonio the day he entered the world and wasn't back in time before they went home. However, this morning I spent some much needed quality time with Mr. Bradley. I love his mommy, too, but Bradley won my heart over quickly.
It was love at first sight.
I imagine I'll be spending a lot of time with this little bundle of joy.
How could you NOT love that face? I'm in love.
Next up, baby number four for Ashley and crew. Can't wait!
Welcome to the world, little loves. We're SO glad y'all are here.
6 comments:
Those babies are all so cute! Love Bradley's little baby face. Adorable!
Goodness, I just love babes! These pictures make me smile. I completely understand your feelings when you see these miracles! :)
Yay!!!!!! :)
friend, you really DID have a tour of babies! And they are ALL so sweet (but one in particular - ha!) Love you friend!
Love how you love those babies!!
Hey! I just found your blog over at Kelly's Korner! I saw your comment and immediately clicked on your blog. I can't wait to get to learn more about you!
Post a Comment