Saturday, July 21, 2007

Princess With a Purpose

This past week I have been serving as an Assistant Queen Mom at Princess Prep School. Oh, what an adventure it's been!

PPS is for little girls, ages 4-8, to come learn about their true identity in Christ. They learn that they are a Daughter of the King and one with purpose.

All week we paint nails, watch puppet shows, learn manners, dance to music, learn sign language, memorize bible verses, and much much more! The girls absolutely love it and come decked out in their "princess" gear every day. It's precious!

I have never in my life seen so many little princesses running around. We had about 200 little princesses everywhere. Whew, what a blast!

They also learn the "Princess Cheer" (don't ask me how it goes!) and the "Princess Prayer" which goes:

"Here's my crown, I lay it down, and bow before the King my Lord!"

It was a precious sight to see, but an exhausting one. Basically, I like to tell people it's a VBS for girls only. Exhausting. But fun.

I will say that it was good for me to hear also. That I too am a daughter of the King and someday my prince will come! That was refreshing and right on time! He's never late!

My group was the Glorious Gloria group and we had a glorious time! After graduating yesterday from PPS we all now know what it is to be a daughter of the Kind. I hope you do, too!

The Castle

The Tea Party Set

I like to call this the Queen Bee Chair :)

This was the normal dress attire....princess outfits!

Making bible covers...

Learning the dance moves!

"I dance with my prince and we dance...."
Glorious Gloria :)
Walking to the graduation tea party in the rain...
One little princess...
Two little princesses....

Graduating from Princess Prep School

Laying down their crowns...precious!

13 comments:

Raven said...

this is the most adorable thing i have ever heard!! i wanna go to princess prep school! =) hehe.

and those pictures are just precious.. those are some cute lil princesses!

can't wait to see you tuesday!! love you miss maam!

AK said...

Oh how precious! I bet that was so much fun! One of my friends helps lead a wednesday night program for the little girls in her church called "Divas" (I don't remember what the letters stand for) and they do princess things and have a big banquet at the end. I love stuff like that! How exciting!

Shelly said...

Uhmm....I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get the invite to the Princess Party. And since we ARE siestas (which means we can be honest with one another), I'd just like to know why I didn't? :(

LOL! Seriously...that looks like one of the most fun things I could get the privilege to be at! Just adorable
!

Megan said...

Too, too, too cute!! You have just had TOO much fun this summer...jealous!

Anonymous said...

can i just say how precious that post is! oh my gosh. that is just the most adorable thing ever. i love it.

and... this really goes with your blog before this one... but i've been slacking and had to read 2 at once... i watched the Kennedy family thing on the History Channel that day too! hahaha.

love you! Jamie

Jenny said...

I like the picture of Ellie and Faith. "Faith...this is Winsee. Winsee, this is Faith".

jennyhope said...

I have seen you on Shelly's blog and I decided to stop in! THis is the cutest thing EVER!!! I love it!

mandy said...

OMG how precious!!!
i LOVE IT... i wish i had a princes party when i was a young-un.
what an incredible ministry opportunity!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Siesta!
I wrote you to other posts. I can't spell today so I just had to delete them:D

I just loved this post! If I had a little princess she would have been there for sure!

The picture of the girls laying down their crowns made me all teary eyed! How precious! I love this idea! Those girls will never forget that!

Blessings!
Suzi

Ashley said...

What a great idea! Sounds amazing. :)

Heather said...

How precious!!! So cool that those girls got to learn about their first love! How He adores all his girls!