Let's start out with Saturday. I had, yet another, wedding. The wedding was at 10 a.m. EW. Thankfully, I was just attending, if not, I can't imagine what time I would have had to be at the church to get ready for the big day! Talk about early mornings. And just a little known fact for all ladies out there, early mornings are NOT especially good for the pregnant ladies. 3 of her 4 attendants were pregnant. Towards the middle of the ceremony the MOH (Maid of Honor) started to not look so good. My attention was then centered around her, not the bride. If she wasn't gonna pass out, she was gonna barf, neither of which would be good on stage. After much pondering, sweating and breathing heavily, she excused herself to go be sick. Poor thing, I felt so bad. During the reception I saw her in the bathroom and told her I was so sorry. She then proceeded to tell me she was 41/2 months prego. Bless her heart! Now I understand.
After the wedding my parents and I ran some errands. Y'all, my dad went shopping. We only went to the Container Store, but that was a big step for him. He did so good, was so patient, and we left with our new organization toys. I love Container Store.
Later that night we went and saw Oceans 13. SO good. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a good movie to see. I was a little weary because Oceans 12 just didn't make it for me, but Oceans 13 was MUCH better and I was satisfied!
Sunday also proved to be a very busy day. Church in itself is a whole story. Nate and I were the only 'leaders' for Jr. High and High school since BOTH youth pastors were gone. With the monsoon that morning and other help, we pulled it off for both services and all was well!
After church we had a wedding shower for sweet Claire. She's getting married so soon and I am so excited. The shower was very nice (especially the Texas Sheet Cake!) and she got some very pretty things. I can't wait for her to be Mrs. Lambert in just a short month!

After that the Mom and I ran to Kohl's some goodies she wanted and then it was HOME time, where I have never been so excited to sit and put my feet up. It was a nice night of Bridezilla and Platinum Weddings on WE. I got my dad very intrigued, so we watched it all night. Can you believe these people spend $300,000 and more on their weddings. OH MY GOSH! Some of it was just a bit overkill. Pretty, but overkill.
Monday started Princess Prep School (the next post!) and then work. Nate and I were very excited on Monday, though, because the Jamaica team was getting home. At about 3:45 when we were both doing NOTHING he decided we should go sit at the airport and wait for the team while we read books, instead of being bored at the office. I took him up on that and we were headed to the airport for him to pick up Jessica, and me to pick up Kevyn! They all had a great time and we were excited to have them back!
Tuesday was a great day!! I got to see Mr. and Mrs. Parrish!!! :) I met them at Subway for lunch and was so excited to see their happy and TAN faces. They were precious, and of course, we talked about the wedding. It needed some debriefing, and we're still not done yet, but as I type this they are on their way to Great Falls, Montana where they will live for the next 3 years!! I know it's hard for her but I know the Lord has amazing plans for them. I can't wait to see what their new life together beholds!
Then Tuesday night, I got to eat dinner with my sweet Jennifer Qualls. I miss this girl so much. She is precious to me and I am so sad she won't be at Sam next semester, but I do know she'll only be a 45 minute drive away. We ate Fajitas at Pappasittos and they were SO good. We are already planning our next dinner date! I can't wait!! :)

Wednesday was a go, go, go day also! Since David (the Jr. High youth pastor) is out of town on another mission trip, I was in charge of Bowling for the day! The Jr. Highers do something every Wednesday, and this was the day to go bowling. It was from 10 - 12 and they had an absolute blast! They were so fun to watch bowl. The boys, instead of being competitive, just joked around the whole time and greatly enjoyed the bumpers in their lane. Oh, they made me laugh.
After bowling we had lunch and I got home around 2, just to freshen up and be back at the church by 3 to go to Kemah with the High Schoolers. They too do something every Wednesday, and this day was a trip to the Kemah Boardwalk. We were supposed to leave at 3:30 and be back at 11:30. I was exhausted thinking about it, but knew I had to have energy because I was a driver. We left on time, drove in rain, got there, ate in rain, played in the rain, and then at 8:30 called it a night and headed home, because of the rain. We got back around 10 and I am so thankful. We weren't supposed to leave until 10 from Kemah and y'all, I wouldn't have made it home. I was so tired. I got home, washed my face, checked my email, a few blogs, and was down for the night. It was a great!
Eating dinner at Cadillac Grill!
Yes, lead by example, I know! (No worries, it is GUM!!!)
This is how we walked around all night. It was sweet. ;)

Kevyn doing the Chicken Dance...

The Sunset when we left. Praise HIM!
Today was another day of Princess Prep, then home. My day off. I took a nap, ate lunch, watched the Kennedy family on the History Channel, and now I plan on asking my Mom if she would like La Madeline for dinner. I have been craving it for a week now. I need some Chicken Pesto Pasta!
Well, that's my week. One more day, then Princess Prep School will be over and I will be a happy girl! I know you want to know what PPS is, but, you have to wait till tomorrow!! ;)
Loves and Hugs to all of you!
5 comments:
GIRL!!!
You are wedding QUEEN!!! I wondered for a moment if I was reading an old post about you attending a wedding, but then realized it was just another one you've attended!!! lol!
love the pictures :)
Whew, you have been busy, but when will I get to see your lovely face? Hannah's big 21 bash, I hope! Well, you think 300,000 is a lot for weddings, try 300,000-1,000,000 for a 16th BIRTHDAY!! Yeah, I watched sweet sixteen on Mtv and parents spent that much and more on their kids. D-U-M-B!!!!
Anyway, love you lots and hope to see you soon!
I was gonna ask how that wedding was. Interesting. :)
i feel ya on those weddings...although i think you have me about doubled on the number...
you are already as beautiful as a princess, and a queen in God's eyes, so i can't wait to see what this PPS is all about! :)
Aww, I love that! I love kids, that is just the end result. It seems to be a perfect calling for you as well:)
Just a side note, it got me thinking, Nicole Johnson has a dvd about being God's princess, its a skit she did at Women of Faith, I encourage you to see it.
It will bring tears girl!
I am just a sap for that stuff:)
Ang
Post a Comment