I hope your L.O.V.E day was just fabulous. Mine was interesting, but great.
I spent the first half of the day with my beloved 3rd graders. Oh, the joy. Y'all, they LOVED their pencils. Loved them. I'm not kidding when I say one of them yelled "YES, a new pencil with a new eraser!" I know them so well. I got more gifts than I have probably my whole life. I came home with a Target bag full and even a flower that one of the sweet girls brought me. Melts my heart!
Then, that night I spent with my little (senior in highschool) brother. He and 3 of his buds were going to the Stephen Curtis Chapman concert that night at Champions Forest Baptist and convinced me to tag along. This whole week I had thought about going, but didn't know who I would go with. Kev, and 3 other teenage boys were the last people I thought I attend with, but alas, we had a blast. Yes, I did feel like a mother. I even drove my mothers Yukon XL which made me feel even more like a mother, and their chaperone. Especially when they all climbed in the back! Someone give me a break, please! The concert started at 7:30 and we left at 10:30 and y'all, the concert was STILL going on. I'm sure it ended pretty soon after we left, but boy, Stephen was all about singing longer. I just wished we didn't have to get up so early the next morning, or we all would have stayed to the end. He was great, though. Oldie, but GOODIE! :) (And he definitely played his new hit "Cinderella" which I am sure didn't leave one dry eye in the crowd. So sweet!)
So, I say interesting because it was spent with 3rd graders of all sorts, then with some silly, fun lovin', higschool boys. Random? I think so. Fun? You bet.
Can I share my epiphony with y'all? You see, a lot of (single) people hate Valentines Day. I, on the other hand, like it. I mean I am not just gaga over it, but I really don't mind it. I really don't dwell on my singleness, or the fact that I've never had a valentine. I dwell on the fact the Jesus Christ loves me more than any man ever will. Even my dad, and I know he loves me like no other! I dwell on the fact that one day I will have a valentine, and on that day, I will spoil him like no other. I will love him like no other. Hug him like no other. And serve him like no other. I can't wait. But until then, I have a lot of other things I can be doing. Like serving at my church. Having lots of girls night. Go visit my girls all over the grand USA, or world for that matter. And focus all (or try to) of my attention of the Lord. He DESERVES my attention and love. Then, when the Lord is ready, when I am ready, and when my future husband is ready, I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord won't leave me hangin'! His plan is perfect. As is His timing. We serve a FAITHFUL God, and He who promises is faithful.
I'll have you know that I am a complete romantic. I fall for ANY romantic movie. I am a chick flick lover at heart. They never bore me. One thing that has SO stuck out to me in ALL of these movies is of course yes, the precious story, but, the fact that in ALL these movies the guy persues the girl. If he wants her, he goes after her.
I think this is absolutely, hands down, the most precious thing. I think I love chick flicks so much because I love this concept. That's how it's supposed to be. I want to be pursued. I want that romantic story in my life that I did nothing, and he did everything. (Yes, I know it takes two to tango, but you get the point!) That he wanted me that much that he pursed me with all he had. Love it. Absolutley love it. Just like the Lord pursues us. Y'all HE pursues us. Just like I learned the other night at bible study, WE FILL HIM UP! He is satisfied by us. Oh, I love it.
Join me in being satisfied and content with the one who loves us more than anybody. The One who deserves our love. HE IS! And He say's "I AM" What is His I AM to you?! Because whatever you lack, whatever you need, whatever you're missing, whatever you're wanting HE IS to you. Let HIM be you I AM! You fill in the blank.
In the meantime, I'll keep praying for my future beloved...
8 comments:
I love your perspective! Keep your focus on Him...He will bless you richly in His timing! Until then - enjoy each moment He gives you in the place you are right now. :)
It's obvious that you made new memories this Valentine's Day...nothing is better than that!
I tell you what Lindsee....I so wish I had been 1/4 wise as you are when I was your age.
I just thank God right now for your most awesome heart and mine.
I too pray for your beloved. He is gonna be amazing.
I'm thrilled your kids loved their pencils. Just makes me grin to type that out. Praying for you always.
I love ya girl!
Fran
So glad you were able to have fun with your brother and his friends. Oh the memories I have with my little brother!
you sre awesome. i just love you!
I just love your epiphany. So true. So timely. Thanks for sharing! :)
this is so precious and girl we all need a little more contentment...amen. Anyway, it is so refreshing to hear of your focus on Jesus...and girl I am so jealous that i dont get to go to bible study with you and the other siestas.
so I'm new to the blogging world and still wandering through, but I stumbled upon your blog and just HAD to tell you how much I agree with your mindset on valentine's day! At the end of the day, one of my fellow single (and at the moment, depressed) friends sarcastically asked me "Did you have a 'happy' valentine's day?" I just laughed and told her "you know what?...I really did!" She looked at me like I was crazy, but when I explained my reasoning she understood a little bit better...
Anyways...thanks for your words...they were so encouraging...and such an affirmation that I'm not the only crazy single girl who's crazy about valentine's day :)
What a hopeful attitude! I am so glad that Jesus has done a work in your heart about Valentines Day. I can't wait to dance at your wedding!
Post a Comment