What I really wanted to share with you is some exciting new friends that I got to meet today. It was a double whammy kinda day.
This morning I headed over to Houston First Baptist for church. Whenever I get the chance I like to go there. I love it there. Not only is it a wonderful church, but there are people my age there, which makes it all the better. Don't get me wrong, I love my beloved church, Cypress Bible Church, love it, but sometimes I just need someone in their young 20's, like me, to talk to! And know that they too are in the "next phase of life!"
Anyway, first I went to the Woman's Sunday School class where I got to meet sweet Tammie. And y'all, is she ever so sweet. So gentle and just beautiful. Just from my short time talking with her you can tell that she loves the Lord like no other. It was so encouraging, and so refreshing! She was simply a delight. Tammie, it was so good to finally meet you. I can't wait to meet again. Not only was she a delight to meet, but every other lady in that class was so welcoming. I felt so comfortable. And, a great word was brought to us about friendships! That's a whole other post, but it was so timely! Friendships are such a beautiful thing and something I so cherish. My friends mean the world to me!
After Sunday school I headed to "big church!" I was so excited because I love Greg Matte. He too can bring the word. Well, I got in there, got situated, and then worship started. At first I couldn't tell who it was. I told my friend Megan that I thought it was Travis Cottrell, but wasn't sure. (We were up top!) Much to my surprise, it was! After the first song he introduced himself and I was just thrilled. He did a great job of leading us in worship and of course sang my favorite, In Christ Alone. Oh, my heart!
I couldn't resist after church to go meet him, because after all, I do comment on his blog like everyday. I did go meet him and introduced myself as the Lindsee with two e's. Yup, that's how I distinguish myself. I told him I had to come introduce myself and he was so glad I did. I was surprised that he recongnized me! Too fun! We talked for a bit and then went our separate ways. He was just a pleasure to meet and so very sweet! So, Travis, it was so nice meeting you. I'm so glad I had the guts to actually hang around and meet you! Know that your ministry means so much to me! Can't wait to see you again, either, in San Antonio, if not before! And by the way, worship was fabulous this morning. The gift God has given you is being used in HUGE ways for His glory!
Well, folks, on a normal Sunday night I would be long asleep, but PTL we don't have school tomorrow! My day off and I have SOOOO much to do. Seriously, if you think of me, would you pray that this week isn't as stressful as I think it will be? Not only do I have the huge project due, but I am also getting observed this week, have a highschool retreat this weekend, and am also taking an exit test! Oh my. I'm a bit overwhelmed thinking about it.
On that note, I better head to bed so I don't get sick on top of all of this! Oh, that would be the icing on the cake!
Much love,
12 comments:
Sounds like a great day! We can all use new friends! The wedding looked like tons of fun as well!
Thanks for posting pics of Emo's wedding! You looked gorgeous, my dear!
I'm so glad you're going to First! We DEFINITELY need to talk about a visit in March. Lets have a phone date soon!
xoxoxo
Many prayers your way! I remember the weeks of student teaching, being observed, projects, ExCet exam, and all the other "fun" stuff that goes along with that last teaching semester! You will do great and it will be all done before you know it!
Good luck with your observation! I know those can be a little nerve-racking. This might be kind of random, but praying while being observed really helps!
You forgot to mention that you went to the movie Sunday night. You went crazy and ordered Chicken Tenders!
Lindsee (with the two e's)
I liked your story of meeting some new friends. I have seen you all around blogville & Siestaville, and decided to say hello today. I don't think I have left a comment on your blog yet.
It is so refreshing to me to see young women like you (and Shelly) just love the Lord with such a passion. I love it!!!
Blessings and see you around the blogs :)
Praying for your studies and works this week, Lindsee.
What a precious post! I wish I could have come along and met and studied under Tammie, so dear to my heart! Also, I love to hear Travis bring his gift from the Lord in song...I think his sound when he sings comes from all the way down to his toes. Such a big and wonderful instrument he has!
I will be posting some Colorado sunsets later in the week :) just for you!
Love,
holly
That is so exciting that you got to meet Travis! I also love FBC Houston. I have so many good friends that go there. Hopefully next time I am down visiting, we can meet.
I hope you have a wonderful week and you get everything done...stress free.
I'm so jealous!!! I wish Houston wasn't so far away so we just all hang out and worship and laugh and talk.....
but, that is what SA will for huh?! Youre on the top of my list that weekend!!! :)
Love and prayers for my sweet friend~
Fran
I'm so happy for you and I'm happy that I recognized you, sweet siesta! I can't wait to meet you for real soon!
Much Love,
Angie xoxo
p.s. Don't you just love when Travis sings, "Made Me Glad"?
If I ever got to sing "In Christ Alone" sitting next to you with Travis leading it, I would think I was in heaven...maybe someday...
We're in Austin and I am on a mad search for Chris Tomlin...
So come leave your favorite quote---but you may be way too busy...
I'd really like to order one of your plates. please shoot me an email to discuss the details!
thanks!
britshinesbright@gmail.com
Post a Comment