Four years ago, yesterday (Feb. 1), I had the amazing privilege, along with Jen and some alumni from our old choir, Houston Children's Chorus, to sing at the Superbowl with Josh Groban when it was in Houston. Simply amazing. And yes, the opportunity of a lifetime.
I still remember EVERY single detail from all the many rehearsals, to waiting to walk on to the field right before we sang, then standing there singing and being completely overwhelmed at the number of people in Reliant Stadium. I still get butterflies in my stomach thinking about it.
What was even greater, other than singing You Raise Me Up with Josh Groban (one of my absolute favorites!!), was honoring the families sitting in the stands remembering their lost ones from the previous year who were killed in the Columbia space shuttle mission. I was honored to honor them that way.
It was undeniably one of the greatest privileges I have had in this lifetime, and one I will never forget.
I have posted the video for you. If you look closely at some points you will see me in the top right corner. Then, you will see Jen as she gets a close up shot! :) So fun.
Hope you enjoy! Many hugs to all of you on this Superbowl Weekend. I hope it is fabulous!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Opportunity Of A Lifetime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
So fun :) How could I EVER forget??!!!
Love you!!
Hey Cutie Pie~
Class is at 9:10. We are in the Green Room. If you wanna find it easy, go to the Welcome Center (in foyer) and they can direct you right to it!
Would love to have you :)
Such a great experience and wonderful memory! Thanks for sharing.
And, this most definitely is a great random fact to have in your pocket. :)
I got me some chills as I read about this!!! How cool is that?!
I'm going to watch the video now.
Have a great Super Bowl Sunday too!
Check your email! :)
Hugs~
Fran
your cool, you know that!! HAHA!!! I love seeing you on TUESDAYS!! Makes me so happy! see ya in a few days! Love ya!
Oh Linds, that was priceless. I am bawling sitting here. I missed that Super Bowl moment. That song means so much to me personally. I was so touched to get to hear and watch. Great moment. Unforgettable too. What sacrifice for our country on part of families. Hey, Houston struck twice---when you have a sec, come by and see what happened to me right by your old stomping grounds. Love you lots, Bev
Lindsee,
Hello! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog!
Jessica : )
YAY for that video! I am kinda concered about my eyebrows though...
Love you
Jen :)
Hi Lindsee, I found your blog through LMP. You never fail to encourage me and hearing about your crazy days helps me during my own. :)
That was a great video...such a precious experience. My friend was telling me that one of her college professor's son was one of those who died in that shuttle mission.
She was telling me how her professor (the father) shared in class last year around this time about how the anniversary was coming up. And she just told me the other day that she has his wife (the son's mother) as a professor this semester. She will love to see this video.
Hope to keep in touch...i'm slowly but surely working on my own blog. Have a great week.
-Taylor
how fun!
saw you found my blog, did you find them both? :)
Oh my goodness. That is one of the coolest things! I would have loved that opportunity! I'm so glad you got to do that. Amazing.
hey! I saw you last tuesday at bible study! I hope your student teaching is going well!
Katherine Page
Post a Comment