Thursday, February 7, 2008

What Time Is It?

Oh. My. Gosh.

I have NEVER in all my long 22 years of living have ever done such a thing. Let me tell you what happened this morning.

So, my beloved alarm is set for 5:45 every day. Now granted, I normally snooze it till about 5:55 and then I'm up and about getting ready for the oh-so-exciting day! (Insert sarcasm as this is SO hard everyday. But, I'm getting used to it!)

Today was a little different, though. I jolted out of bed at which my clock said 6:20. I went into automatic frenzy mode knowing that both Kevyn and I were late now. Normally right after my shower, he hops in. So, I immediately hopped out of bed and was in the shower in seconds flat. But, y'all was I ever so tired. I'm not kidding when I tell you that my legs were shaking and I could barely keep my eyes open. It was the strangest feeling. Now yes, normally I am sleepy for like the first 10 minutes of my shower, but I had never been THAT sleepy.

All I kept thinking was "I am never gonna make it today if I'm this tired!" My stomach even started to feel a little funny so then I got even more flittered thinking I was getting sick. Oh no. So I finished my (OCD) shower (it's the same every morning), got out, dried myslef off, and then started the (OCD) bathroom routine. This is when things started to get suspicious. If ever I am running late I first normally hear Kev's alarm, and then he comes knocking telling me to hurry. Neither of those were happening. I figured I would just hurry, then go wake him up telling him we were both late!

Right before I blow dryed my hair, I figured I should get him up and go do that in my room so he could shower! Not a problem. So I walk out of the bathroom, head to his room to which all I see is the glowing red lights on the clock stating that it was 2:35. Ummmmm...okay. I'm confused now. What time is it? His clock has GOT to be way off. So I go to my room, look at my clock which says 2:50 (mine is 15 minutes fast!). Okay, really confused now. I could have sworn my clock said 6:20 when I woke up. I know, check the cell phone, that time is ALWAYS right. And to my dismay it says 2:38. Okay folks, I get it now, it is NOT 6:20, it is definitely 2:38 A.M!!!!!!!!!! Do you realize that I am completely showered?!!

First I was spittin' mad. Did I really just get up at 2:00 in the morning and take a shower?!?!?!!! Then, all I could think was, "YES!! I've got 4 more hours to sleep and I am completely showered!!!" Thank you, Jesus.

My stomach ache went away. My legs stopped shaking. My body knew where it was headed.

I quickly dressed in my pajamas...again. Combed my hair. Slipped back in my ever so comfy and warm bed and fell fast asleep until my REAL alarm went off.

I have told this story numerous amounts of times today, each time laughing my head off. Y'all, I took a shower at 2:30 in the morning. I've never been a sleep walker so this is so completely foriegn to me. My only explanation for this wild behavior is that I'm either A) stressed and not sleeping well (which could very well be) or B) I had a crazy dream that awoke me suddenly thinking it was time to get up, so I did. I'll choose answer B.

I'll sleep wonderful tonight...as I am exhausted right now!

So, as I used to say back in the day...

Goodnight,
Sleeptight,
Don't let the bed bugs bite!

25 comments:

cristina said...

LOL! my side aches....that is HILARIOUS. :)

Jaclyn said...

reading that was perhaps the best part of my day!!!!

Jenny said...

Ohhh Lulu... you do not say that "back in the day!" You say "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!" to this very day!

Love you!

Jackie said...

too funny...i have done that before (ok, well never made it to the shower) but I have woken up in a panic, rushed to start getting ready, only to realize what time it was. wow- i think you need to get some more sleep!! :) Sara is feeling a little better- antibiotics are kicking in. Now, I have a stomach bug- so not fun! UGH- guess i'd rather us both be sick then one at a time! Hope to see ya Tuesday! :) Love ya!

Unknown said...

That is funny...I am often up that early because I seem to be the worst sleeper in the history of time...but I have never woken up and showered! That totally rocks that you got to go back to bed though!

Pea Pod Mommy said...

That is the funniest story I have heard in a long time. Did you sleep well those four hours? I always sleep my best after a shower.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Sister - you are kidding me!! Oh I love it!! And you took time to tel us too!! Hiliarious!! have an awesome sleeping!! Leigh

Raven said...

oh lindse.. this is soo hilarious! as soon as i got off the phone with you, i definitely told my friends that were with me immediately the story! they thought it was hilarious.. and were probably like 'who is raven's crazy friend!' haha. if they only knew! love you and can't wait to really chat with you on the phone!

Dana said...

So I already heard the story Thursday, but it was funny again! Kinda like the exploding eggs! Megan and I can still laugh at that one!

connorcolesmom said...

Oh Linds that was so funny!!
I have never done that but my hubby has :)
I hope get some good sleep to make up for such a crazy night.
Blessings,
Kim

Fran said...

Thats the best thing I've heard all day!! You are CRAZY! :)

Have a great restful weekend Lindsee!

Hugs...

adam and laura said...

oh my gosh... i have so done that! especially when i set my alarm knowing i HAVE to be up at a certain time... i wake up extra early (sometimes 5 hours early).. good story! =) yes we should get together... i'm still looking for a job, i have quite a few possibilities.. just searching for the "right" one. =) have a great day, love you!

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's hilarious!! You'd better rest up this weekend :)

Heather said...

that's hilarious. My in-loves were visiting us in December 06 and they normally get up and leave early as they have a long drive back to their home. They got up thinking it was 5am and showered and got in the car. When they got in the car it was only 12:30PM. They had only slept for 2 hours! they decided to go ahead and leave so when we called at 8am to see where they were they were almost home! They did stop at a rest area to sleep a few hours but we all still laugh about that to this day.

NikkiPoppins said...

Lindsee...Ive seen your posts on the LPM blog and thought I would drop by and say hi and then I saw your post and knew I HAD to say something. I have done that before!! The whole get totally ready waaay before it was time because you read the clock wrong thing! I have only ever gotten all the way ready once before I realize that its the middle of the night, but Im ashamed to say that I have jumped up out of the bed and headed to the shower because I just knew that Id overslept and on my way to the bathroom, I realize what time it is! I usually have to look at like 3 clocks before I will believe it though.
Glad to hear that Im not the only one!!
Hope you have a great day, siesta!!
Nikki

John and Joanna said...

Oh mercy!! Bless your sweet soul...your tired one at that!!

I have SO done that!! Atleast you got to have shut eye for longer :)

I love you oodles!!

ocean mommy said...

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day!

I bet you sleep great tonight!!!

blessings
steph.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Linds, that is hysterical! I mean the minute you realize the real time is like...you're kidding me...hilarious and yes i've done it before

Profbaugh said...

Oh I am laughing so hard (and it's 2 am here. . I'm still awake). Thanks, Lindsee. You never fail to make me smile.

Get some sleep kiddo!!!

~Cheryl

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Oh girl!

Mercy... 2 in the A.M.???

Now that's just painful.

But I have to be honest and say...been there, done that, but was too tired to buy the T-shirt!

Smiles~

Becky Kiser said...

hey lindsee! thanks for saying hi on my blog. i'm so glad to meet a new friend! :) feel free to "lurke" anytime... and i'll do the same.

email me sometime... beckyjkiser@gmail.com. we have alot in common and i see that you are graduating in may, wanted to see what your plans are. :)

Becky Kiser said...

Hey girl! I just tagged you... check out my blog.

AbbyLane said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
i am laughing so hard right now because i did this same thing in high school. i went to bed early one night at like 9:00...woke up and heard my brother and dad at the door (thought they were leaving for school) FREAKED OUT...jumped in the shower..put make-up on..grabbed book bag..ran downstairs and was headed to the kitchen to get something for the road when i ran into my mom who had a funny look on her face. i said, "what?...what time is it?" "um...11:30PM."

so i had been asleep for a whole 2 1/2 hours. dern. my brother and my dad were definitely at the door talking...but because they hadn't even gone to bed yet!
i remember that MAD/HYSTERICALLY FUNNY feeling all too well...

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Linds, Yes, I got your check and I don't know what I did with it. I thought I put it in my purse but when I got to the bank, it was not in there which means I stuck it somewhere safe so I could find it...oh me.

Janelle and Ella said...

That is awesome!!I am laughing out loud right now picturing this scene. You're hilarious!