Monday, February 4, 2008

A Proud Sister

*Update: Kevyn's solo video will not upload right now! So, enjoy the others and I will try that again later!

This past weekend my brother was in Godspell at his (my old) highschool! Y'all, can you believe that I went all 4 times!! It was fabulous. It's his senior year and when he heard they were performing this show this year he hopped right on it. He LOVES Godspell. So needless to say, he was ecstatic. We are a very musical family, but have never participated in such theatrical things, so for him to do this was just too fun! He had a wonderful time during ALL of it and now can't stop talking about it. He also can't stop talking about the fact that he wishes he would have done this all 4 years! Too bad, so sad. You live and learn!

Anyway, he played himself, Kevyn. Everyone's character is their own name except for Jesus and John the Baptist/Judas! The whole cast and crew did a FABULOUS job pulling it all off. We were highly entertained every night!

I've attatched a few pics (I never really pulled out my camera until the last show!!! How silly am I?!) and a few videos. Just remember when watching the videos that this was the LAST performance so everyone was a little worn out, and Kev started loosing his voice! (I say that for his sake because every time he watches the video he thinks he sounds horrible. I beg to differ!)

I got his whole song (We Beseech Thee) and a few snipits of some other ones. My digital camera can only take so much video.

I am such a proud sister! My little brother did a wonderful job. We love him so very much!


This video is On The Willows! It was a duet he did. Unfortunately, I was only able to record about 20 seconds of this one. But, it is a fabulous song. One where everyone is saying their goodbyes the Jesus. So beautiful! The boys did wonderful.


This last one is the finale as they are carrying out Jesus. Personally, I love this whole song! But once again, I was only able to film about 10 seconds of this! Enjoy the shortness!

And that, my friends, is my precious little brother in his first broadway show. His first, and most likely his last!

Have a wonderful day! Mine will be very uneventful as my students are taking a benchmark test to get ready for the TAKS test! Oh joy! :)

11 comments:

Kenya Dig It? said...

i would have loved to come and hang out with you and the see show! sorry friend!! love you!

Unknown said...

lindsee im sorry to report that the song is actually called On the Willows and it was a trio lol.

Fran said...

Well aren't you just so proud or what?! I love seeing the pix and I am proud too bc there would be NO way that I could have ever done that in HS. :)

Have a great week Lindsee....check is in the mail girl!

Big hugs~
Fran

Jenny said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! Thank you for uploading video! Kev- if you're reading this- I am proud beyond proud! I LOVE On the Willows (or meadows in Linds' mind!) and it sounds beautiful!

AbbyLane said...

what an awesome big sister you are :)

love the pictures :)

Missy said...

What a sweet sister you are! Thanks for sharing with us - sounds like some great family time this weekend. :)

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

i think it is so adorable you and your brother are so close...it gives me hope for my kids..:))

love ya lindsee!

Lisa

Profbaugh said...

I LOVE Godspell!!! Congrats to you brother. Your clips took me down memory lane. What a great big sis you are!!

How goes the classroom, Teach??? Are you lovin' it?

~Cheryl

Pea Pod Mommy said...

A boy from church is in a drama team that just did Godspell.

connorcolesmom said...

Oh he is so cute!
I know you are proud.
BTW: I have a little bro named Kevin - they are the best :)
Love ya,
Kim

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

mrs lindsee

This is Britt, Bev's son. I want to invite you to come to my mom's blog to see what your donation did in the lives of the Thai orphans. Thank you very much for your support and prayers for your orphan. It was greatly appreciated! Britt