Monday, February 25, 2008

Wonder Woman

Before you go thinking that I think I am Wonder Woman, think again...that is SO far from the truth. But, I do have to say, that as of right now, at 8:07 p.m. I have a HUGE burden lifted off my shoulders. Huge. I feel like Wonder Woman.

I told myself I would take a break from blogging/facebook/email this past week so I could focus on my project/paper that was due today, and that I did. Y'all, that is some self-control. I think it was the spirit in me spurring me on to my goal...I didn't even feel like getting on the computer! Praise the Lord! I too, will have you know that I am the world's worst procrastinator. Seriously, the worst. But this project was not one that could wait. It was so much that it took more than "just one night!" It felt good not waiting till the very last minute. Now yes, I did check my email and check in every now and then, but I tried my hardest to stay away.

After all of that "staying away" I feel such pleasure blogging! Joy!

This past week/weekend was absolutely nothing but pure craziness. And that, my friends, is no lie. No lie.

Let me lay it out for you.

Monday: Praise the Lord for President's Day. School was out so I had a WHOLE day to focus solely on the Project.

Tuesday: Went to school, headed home to do a few school things, then went to bible study. (Of all the weeks this is when I should have skipped bible study, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it, and I'm so glad I didn't!)

Wednesday: Went to school, came home, worked on project, then worked on my lesson/lesson plan for the next day that I was getting observed on.

Thursday: Went to school, got observed (and all was well), came home and worked on my project till an ungodly hour.

Friday: Worked on my project all day. Literally. But, I have to brag on my sweet Mom. You see, I work better AWAY from the computer. Yes, this paper required much of the computer, but, I am one to write everything out first, then type it up. It just helps me. Well, after I would write one section, my mom typed it for me. Do you know how much time this saved me? Oh my gosh. She's amazing. Thank you, Mom. :) That night, was the start of our high school retreat at church, of course, before I had all this going on, I had signed up to be a leader. Okay, I can do it. So, I worked on the project till about 4:00 straight, took a shower (it was MUCH needed!), packed, then headed to the retreat around 5:30. The rest of that night is history. A house full of Senior Girls. You can only imagine the JOY!

Saturday: Woke up early, of course after a late night of giggling and being ridiculous, did a lesson with the girls, then drove my sweet lil' self up to Huntsville, yes, Huntsville, to take my exit test to be a certified teacher. After the LONG 110 question test, I drove back to Houston to continue in the JOY of my beloved seniors. That was a fabulous evening, and once again, a LATE one.

Sunday: After 4 short hours of sleep, I woke up, did the morning routine, then we all headed to the morning/last session of the retreat. I promise a post about that will come later...when I can breath and even process it. After the retreat concluded, I ate nothing else but Mexican food, then headed home for a quick nap, then started working on my project to get it done, so I could yet again, drive to Huntsville to turn it in this morning at 8 a.m. I honest to goodness had done all of the writing portion and only had my charts, graphs and some tweaking to do. I didn't plan on it taking that long. Well, 7 hours and 45 pages later, at 1:00 in the morning, I finally climbed in bed. Once again, I have to brag, my Dad knows Microsoft Excell FAR better than I do. He helped me tremendously making things a ton easier. So, thank you Dad! Aern't my parent's fabulous?

Mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. I cratered. I had planned on driving to Huntsville that night, but my plan quickly changed when I realized what time it was.

Monday: Not that I have to say it, but after 5 hours of sleep, I woke up at 5:50, and headed to Huntsville this morning at 6:15 to turn my paper in by 8:00. Y'all, seriously, have you ever been driving that early?! There are SO MANY people on the road! Where are they all going?! I was just baffled. I mean, do they really go to work that early? I must be so naive. I made it to Huntsville at 7:25 a.m., huge relief number one. I then walked in the doors upon opening time, 7:30 a.m., walked straight to the sweet lady at the table, and with great joy and no people lines, handed in the beloved project. HUGE relief number two. It was out of my hands. I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!!! Now granted, they made us all stay ALL day to listen to 3 speakers. From 8:30 - 3:30 all I could do was think about my bed and how wonderful it would be tonight. And wonderful it will be. I also texted I think almost EVERY person in my phone, letting them know they no longer had to hear about the TWS because it was DONE! Around 4:00 I headed home, made it home, and then went for a walk/run. Huge relief number three.

Y'all, that dreadful week is over. I have never been more relieved in my life. Seriously. Having this project done free's me up to do so many things. And free's my anxious mind up. I am so thankful. Now, I just have to wait 2 weeks for my score. Would you please pray I get a 2 or a 3 on this thing? That's all I need. (It's an odd scoring guide!)

I know I sound like a crazy busy person who does nothing but run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Or that I sound like I like to sign up for everything that is happening in the same weeked. I really don't. All of this stuff was registered for at different times, but all happen to land on the same weekend. I promise my life is more calm than this. This just happens to be a crazy semester, I guess they all really are. I really do get time to rest. I promise.

Actually, that time to rest sounds very appropriate right now. I promised myself I'd be in bed BEFORE 10:00 tonight. I keep my promises!

Much love to all of you and thanks for listening to my crazy busy nonsense, I hope it get's better very soon!

16 comments:

Heather said...

You go girl! You did have some self-control! Good for you! Glad you are back though .. you were missed :)

Dana said...

Yea! I knew you could do it. Way to go girl! Enjoyed seeing you at the retreat but missed leading with you! See you soon!

John and Joanna said...

Sweet LKE!!! Let me be the FIRST to say how proud i am of YOU!!
It seems like just yesterday we were talking about the TWS and now its FINISHED and never to be touched AGAIN!! Praise the Lord!!

You worked SO hard and i am SO once again PROUD of you! Me and you both know going to school to be a teacher is ALOT harder than anyone ever knows!!!

I love you Wonder Women! I miss you with my whole heart...i almost can't face it!!!

Sorry i missed your call...yesterday was BUSY!!! Lets chat again soon...it might need to be after FRIDAY :)

Hugs pretty girl!!

Jenny said...

Girl I am tired just READING that! I am so glad you are all done and can breathe again. Praise the Lord! I am beyond proud of you, my dear.

Hugs to my bestie!

Ashley said...

Whew! I KNOW you're glad that week is over!! :)

Taylor said...

Praying for the score of a "2 or 3"...preferably a 3! I'm sure you deserve it.

You have encouraged me in some things I have coming up. Keep pressin' on, girl. Have you read the post by Miss Beth about that on LPM?? If you haven't, go immediately there! :)

I would so love to attend Tuesday night Bible Studies...but I'm in Vegas. :) So instead, I'll pray. And if I can ever come (God is able!), I'll let you know so you can save me a seat!

love, Taylor

Janelle and Ella said...

YEAH! That is exciting. Congratulations!! Whew.

Missy said...

I am feeling the relief for you after reading that. What an accomplishment. Now take time to relax and enjoy yourself!!!

Katie said...

I am so excited that you are finished! I remember that feeling of relief I felt when I walked out of my last final before graduation!! Praise the Lord! There is nothing like that sense of relief and the weight lifted off of your shoulders! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Yay! So happy for you! Can't wait to hear about the retreat!

Praying for your score!

<3

Birdies said...

Lindsee Eddy, YOU are Wonder Woman in my books!!!

I'm so glad this is behind you now!! I'm praying for a 2or 3!!

Ronda Kay said...

We've missed you, Lindsee! Glad to have you back in the blogging world.

Fran said...

Whew! You're killing me....I'm worn out from reading it!!

I hope this week has been fabulous!
And, you ARE wonder woman!!

Hugs~
Fran

Anonymous said...

YEA - another chapter completed in the process of college 101!!! Dad and I are also overjoyed that you are finished with that humdinger! So as the saying goes, "Upward and Onward" - tee hee!
M

Profbaugh said...

Woo Hoo!! Good for you. Can you hear me cheering from St. Louis? You go girl.

~Cheryl

Toknowhim said...

Sweet Girl,

I got exhausted reading about your week :) Hoping you get that 2 or 3 that you worked so hard for on your test. Blessings!!