I have so been waiting to tell you all what my future holds after I become a college graduate, but I couldn't spill the beans too soon. It has been such a journey, but I have a final outcome and I truly could not be more excited. Below I have pasted an email that I sent out to my dearest friends and family a little over a week ago. I am so overjoyed that I can share it with you now! Enjoy!
Hey Sweet Friends! (And Family!)
I hope this email finds you doing so very good! I am well, very busy. This semester has been such a learning experience as I have been student teaching since January at my old school elementary school! I was placed in 3rd grade for 7 weeks and am currently in Kindergarten. Yes, major difference, but I have loved both. And truly, they have kept me equally entertained! Kids really do say the darndest things! My last day of student teaching is May 1st. That date is quickly approaching and I have many emotions. But, the main one is excitement!! After May 1st Sam Houston State University will have nothing to do with me until May 17th, the day of GRADUATION! I can hardly believe that I am about to graduate college. It is so surreal! Yet, I am SO ready!!
The main reason for this “update” is to let you know what the future holds! Clearly, I have been pursuing my degree in Early Childhood Education, and loved every bit of it. (Well, except the late nights, papers, projects, tests, etc.!) ;) A teacher is something I have always dreamed of becoming, ask anybody that has known me since I was 5. My room was turned into “my classroom” almost every day. It even included a chalkboard. This is still a dream of mine, and really, student teaching has given me some wonderful opportunities to actually “be the teacher” and oh, what a thrill it is. Simply put, it comes very naturally to me. But, as of right now, a teacher is not what I will become as of August 2008.
Recently I have been given the opportunity to serve/work at my church as the Girls Ministry Director/Administrative Assistant. This is something that I also have a passion for and love doing. Girls Ministry is what I did last summer as an intern at my church and I truly have not loved any job more than I loved that one! It was a wonderful experience. All I kept thinking was, “I can’t believe I am getting paid to do something I love so much!”
I have not taken this offer lightly and have really struggled with a decision because I was being offered two jobs that I sincerely loved. Both full time. I had to choose one or the other. I have prayed and prayed and have come to the final conclusion that this is where He wants me to serve right now. As I have said and heard a million times, I will ALWAYS have my teaching degree and can go teach whenever I want. On the other hand, this position at church will not always be open and I can’t pass up a wonderful opportunity such as this one. So, as of May 5th, I will be the new Girls Ministry Director/ Administrative Assistant.
I am so overwhelmed with gratefulness/thankfulness, but even more overwhelmed with the fact that the Lord would entrust me with a handful of Jr. High and High school girls. Scary. Simply scary. But I know that He is working in me and through me. If I give myself to Him, He will supply me with what I need to serve these girls, this church, and the staff in a way that brings honor and glory to Him. So, I’m jumpin’ in!
I don’t know what the future holds, how long I will be there, or the Lord has for me in this job, but I know that my heart is filled with unspeakable joy and I cannot wait to join the team!
If you will, please join me in rejoicing with me the next chapter of my life. One that I am so very excited about!! And, if you think of me, would you please pray for me! I know that I CANNOT do this on my own. Only HE can do this thing for me! I would greatly appreciate and covet your prayers on my behalf as I begin this journey!
Much love to all of you!
With a thankful heart,
Lindsee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Congrats Lindsee!! You're going to be great in girl's ministry. I'm always amazed at how God works!
Anyway, enjoy your graduation. As for me, I'm going through graduation too. . . every May and December I get to proceed into a commencement ceremony of new graduates. It's quite overwhelming!!
Out into the "Real World!" Sounds like the LORD has great plans for you.
Much love,
~Cheryl
Congrats! That will be a wonderful position. We loved our time in Student ministry ... you will have a special place in those girls hearts!
Yay! What a neat opportunity!
Lindsee! What a blessing to be called to serve this way! You will be an inspiration and role model for those girls!! Many prayers your direction!!
Congratulations, sweet Lindsee! I'm so happy for you!
Much Love from your Siesta in Michigan!
Angie xoxo
Linds;) I am so happy for you, that is amazing;) congrats!
Praise the Lord!! I'm so thrilled for you! You are perfect for this job! Those girls are blessed to have you! May you allow God to use you to reach these girls!
I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! Congratulations! What an amazing opportunity, and I am sure you will be fabulous!!
I guess you can tell I am excited about this...every time it is announced, I scream! Yea!
YAY YAY YAY!!!
Rejoicing here with you girl! What an incredible opportunity!
i'm so excited for you! =) i know the Lord will use you in such a mighty way! =) you're so perfect for that position.... on a "not so serious note"-- are you going to PL formal?
Lindsee - that is such exciting news. I can't wait to hear all your stories and adventures as you begin your new journey! Thanks for sharing!
i'm excited for you - both for your graduation and your new job! this is such a fun time of life.
You know I'm so happy for you Lindsee!! You are going to be amazing with these girls!
Hugs~
Fran
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Lindsee! that's awesome. God is so full of wonder towards His child! I will be praying for you. Be secure is His faithfulness. (i needed to hear that as well!) Let's say it again, "Be secure in His faithfulness." love ya sister!
I would be honored to have my girl in a ministry you directed. Those moms and girls are blessed!
FYI - Finally got my Random Things post done. :)))
Come see me and wear a cute pair of shoes when you do! :))
Lisa
congrats girl! so excited for you! when i first got into ministry the Lord had me in an admin position. it is good for many reasons: teaches you humility (no task is too small) and it teaches you teh basics of things that just have to get done. bonus that you get to spend yoru time with girls all day!!! you will have a blast this summer!
Linds, so excited for your calling to do this! Can't wait to see how you will groan and advance His Kingdom while doing it. What a privilege for those mom's to have you in their daughters' lives!!!
I'd give anything for that!
Hope your calling in the days and years ahead includes Seminary online or whatever. I think you'd benefit so much! Love you girl! So happy for you! BEv
Lindsee!! This is SO exciting! I'm so glad you had a great first day at work! I kept meaning to ask you what church you are the girls' minister at. Is it First Houston? I can't remember if that is your church or if you just go to Beth's Tues. Bible study there.
Post a Comment