The thing is, I didn't just clean it, I slaved in that bathroom for a good hour, at least. We have three cabinets in there, and frankly they are all filled with junk. Pure junk. It was time to clean out the cabinets, so that's what I did. I have to admit, much of the junk was a lot of my old products (which were hilarious to clean out!), but there were the random things, like old deodorant tubes, braces rubber bands, retainer boxes, a highlighting kit (???!!), and many others.
My favorite, "junk item" was all of the toothbrushes. And boy, did we have enough. You see, my mom was always good about keeping extras, so when someone came over and spent the night, if they didn't have a toothbrush, all was well. She had extras. It actually ended up that each of my best friends, and my brothers friends just about all had a toothbrush of their own at the house. Along the way, though, each of them have been tossed. All of the ones that I found stashed away were nameless, yet open. Into the trash they went.
Except for some odd reason, I found Sally's. Yes, I did toss it, but only right after I sat and reminisced about all of our old sleepovers. Oh my gosh. Those were the things to be at. Normally it was myself, Jen, and Sal at these and I can't tell you what went on. We were always coming up with things to do, or even better, things to talk about. Sally had a lot to say, and a lot of wisdom. ;) We shared anything and everything with each other. I think a lot of her wisdom came from her three older sisters.
I'll never forget when we talked about things like (sorry boys) how to make our b***s get bigger. Seriously. Our solution was to each jello. Supposedly eating jello enhanced that part of the body. So into the kitchen we went.
Or, when we all talked about starting our 'menstrual cycle' to put it nicely. (Again, sorry boys!) Sally was always first at everything (Sorry Sal), so she, like I said, had much wisdom.
Then there's all the 'dress up' things we did. Pictures we took. And MAJOR laughs we had. Our nicknames you ask? Burps, B***s, and Bubbles. Can you guess who is who? ;)
Of course we can't forget when I decided I needed to use the Clean and Clear face wash before going to bed and ended up waking up with hives all over my face. Oh boy, what a disaster. You would have thought I learned my lesson then, DON'T USE CLEAN AND CLEAR. Oh, but no. I think I used it again the next week, only to have the same thing happen. That was in 6th grade?! I haven't used Clean and Clear since then.
I am laughing so hard right now. Sometimes I wish for those days. But they are far gone. My girls are married and living in different parts of the world. It's sad, but, every time we're back together, it's like nothing has changed. I love that. I love the story the Lord has written for each of us. And, I love that we long to see that story played out. I love these girls with my whole heart. And now, I even love their babies! (WEIRD!) Sally is about to be a mother of two. Someone pinch me. I am just about to graduate college. Of course, I took the 5 year route. The are my 'home girls' and nothing will change my love for them.
It's amazing what one toothbrush can lead to. Oh, the memories. I love old toothbrushes.
7 comments:
Oh my Lindsee. I am cracking up.
Those pictures we took.... do you remember when Sally actually put nail polish on her face?!?
And I must remind you, my name was not just b***s but B***ifull. Don't you forget that.
And we can't leave out watching the Miss USA Pageants while eating a giant bowl of cookie dough with 3 spoons!
Thanks for this little stroll down memory lane.
I think I ate too much jello....
HAHA!
I just LOVE it!!! I've been laughing all the way thru this post...and of course Jen's comment! Maybe we did give her too much Jello! Maybe she was sneaking it after we fell asleep!!
I am so grateful for this gift of lifelong friendship! We know each other's hearts, quirks, funny bones, and even cellulite patterns!! Oh dear...maybe more intimate than I would have hoped!
I love you Lindsee! And I love what you've become. You are a challenge and encouragement to me! You teach me all He can do with a willing and teachable heart! You're going to be such a gift to those girls at Cypress! I can't think of someone better for the job!
I love you friend!
Sally
What fun memories! I absolutely LOVE cleaning things out for that one reason - it brings you back to long ago. :) Thanks for sharing your fun!
What a sweeeeeeeeet post! I am cracking up thinking about the jello! I've NEVER heard that one! Hope you are having a good day. I need to get to work and do some cleaning!
Love to you,
Angie xoxo
Ok about Sally and nail polish..
Sally was in 2nd grade and I in 5th when I started getting pimples. During my first break out Sal swore that nail polish would clear it all up. I can't tell you how many nights I went to bed with nail polish on my face!! Just recently we discussed this terrible trick she played on me. She is just too full of it!!
I must say girls, you are incredibly blessed to have each other. So many, including myself, don't get to experience such great friendships that create lasting memories. I pray your relationships continue to go deep. Remember to pour into each other continually, go past the surface, and pray for your sisters.
I love each of you girls, Jen, Linds, and Sal!! I enjoyed watching you grow up together!
Love, Kaye
I just love that sister of mine!
Just for the record, that trick I played on Kaye was TOTALLY intentional. I got a good hearty laugh out of it too!!
I just LOVE gullible friends! Between you, Linds, and Kaye, I had my share and I TOTALLY took advantage!!! You just never want to miss the opportunity to laugh your heart out!
I love you!
Sally
Ya'll are too fun and too cute. I am blessed with great friends also. Don't ever take them for granted, ya'll will get each other through so much!
Love you!
Dana
Post a Comment