However, white presents one small problem. When wearing white you will always inevitably spill something on yourself. Yes, this is true. ALWAYS, folks, always.
I find this so frustrating as I have a precious pair of trouser white pants from Gap that I absolutely love. I absolutely hate hanging them up in the fall because I know it will be a few months before I can 'legally' (in the fashion world) wear them without being looked down upon. When spring is officially announced, you better believe that those things are off the hanger and on my body in a heartbeat. I wear them every chance I get.
So, I'm on my way to Huntsville on Sunday for my roommates wedding shower and was all excited because I had already planned at stopping at Raising Cane's to eat some glorious chicken strips. (Although, I'm still not sure whether I like Layne's Chicken Fingers, thank you College Station, or Raising Canes' better. Sally got me all hooked on Layne's. They were there first.)
Anyway, I stop at Cane's, pull through the drive through, and then find a quaint parking spot in the shade so I could eat in the car real quick. (I'm not one of those skilled drivers who eats and drives. I get far too flustered.) I park, get my food situated and organized, and before taking a bite, decide to taste the bubbly diet coke. As I proceed to pick up the diet coke, it goes all over me. The lid was not on. I am wearing my white pants. Did I mention at this point I am now in the Woodlands? I live in sweet ole' Cypress. I am 45 minutes from home and am headed to a wedding shower. For the day. Who would think to bring clothes along? Oh, yes, can you sense the frustration?!
I tried the best I could to soak it up quickly, but all attempts failed. The only option I had left now, was to simply buy something QUICKLY before moving along in my journey to Huntsville.
I was highly annoyed and really had no energy to 'go shopping', but I knew it was necessary. My sinuses had gotten the best of me, so I really wasn't feeling 100% fabulous. But, I looked so tacky.
Thankfully, Conroe, just up the road, built a new shopping center. So, to the shopping center I went.
Huge props to Kohl's for being my 'clothes saver' that day. I've never found anything more cute or perfect than I did on Sunday. And for that matter, I did it in 10 minutes. (I know, my friends are probably rolling on the floor laughing. Along with my mom, I am the world's slowest shopper.) Immediately I found a precious, WHITE, skirt. Yup, I'm that dumb and bought something else white. It was the only thing that worked. And I was desperate. On top of finding it quickly, when I went to check out the lady informed me it was BOGO day. Buy one get one free. So, I got a brown one also. Same price. Two skirts for the price of one. (And no, just buying one wasn't any cheaper.)
Jesus does love me. This I do know.
Here's to wearing white!
Oh, and by the way, my pants are now back to normal. Thank you, Spray and Wash.
10 comments:
My Lindsee made a purchase in TEN MINUTES??!?!?!?
I am so proud!
I'm with Jenny! Seriously? Are you sure it was TEN? Was someone timing you or did you just GUESS?? I need some proof!
And here's to you in WHITE! Miss Classy! No one looks better in white (I think). You're just so cute!
I love you Lindsee!
Sally
P.s. I could SERIOUSLY use a shopping trip with you right now!! I'm in a clothes slump. I haven't shopped in 6 months! CRAZY!
Let's see...we should set a date for an imaginary shopping trip together...say Sunday afternoon, after some Chinese and a good nap? Whatcha think?
Oo oo!! And during that "imaginary" shopping trip, you can ACTUALLY shop for me and send some cute clothes with my mom! I'll just give you some of my birthday money to spend!
(ok. i promise. this is the LAST comment!)
Oh I feel your pain! My family actually claps for me if I make it through a day wearing white and spill free. I think it has happened once!
Power shopping always gives me a natural high.
SO SO SO glad you found something quick. Also glad you got bogo.
Mostly, YAY for your fav. pants being restored back to white!
:)
You are very cute btw.
I might have said a few things I shouldn't have and cried all at the same time! :(
Yeah Kohls!!
I do believe that white skirt was there just waiting for you!!! :)
I am so scared of white pants! Oh how I desire them, but my fears get the best of me! I think I might have to suck it up and take the plunge!
I love wearing white...it just feels so fresh. It also makes my skin seem a little more tan. HA.
Post a Comment