Sunday, July 20, 2008

Batman, Bond and Babies

The past 48 hours have been nothing short of an adventure. And all sorts of adventures that is!

Friday morning, I saw the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight. Okay, so this movie was amazing. Yes it was. Disturbing? Absolutely! Very well done? Yes ma'am! Entertaining? That is an understatement. Still mourning that Heath Ledger is no longer with us? You've got it.

In all seriousness though, it was a VERY well done movie. I think seeing it one time in the theatres was enough for me, though! I can't tell you how many times I jumped or how many times I covered my eyes! I'll be glad to watch it again when it comes out on video!

If your into that kind of movie, go see it for yourself. I hope you will not be disappointed! But, I also don't want to give too much away!


Now, I know you are thinking, "Lindsee, Casino Royale is SO not new!" Yes, I know. But during the previews for Batman, they played the trailer for the NEW Bond movie, Quantum of Solace! Folks, I am indeed a Bond fan. But, I had not yet seen Casino Royale so I felt obligated to rent it on Friday night since I was already so excited about the next one! Normally I do see this in the theatres, but somehow I missed this one!

Once again, I was not disappointed. (Not that I thought I would be!) VERY good and well done! And different from the rest of them in that in this one he doesn't have a TON of nifty little gadgets! I liked that. He was just himself, fighting off everyone with he, himself, and him. (Just for the record, I KNOW that is not correct grammar. I just felt like saying that!)


After two of those kinds of movies in one day, I was pretty much good to go for a while! So, to get my girlyness back, I got to watch these two precious ones while my BFF and her family went to the Astros game tonight. It was just what I needed to feel like I belonged to the female species again. These are Jen's nieces who are an absolute hoot and a half! They cracked me up and boy did we play a lot. We even played outside so that my hair could take in all the humidity possible. It looked gorgeous!


Of course, when I got home from babysitting, I immediately went to clean the bathroom and my bedroom since it is expecting company this week! My Aunt and Uncle just got in town late tonight to visit for the week. Unfortunately, I am leaving EARLY Monday morning to go to Mississippi with the Jr. High kids so I will only get to see the tonight and tomorrow! But, hey, I guess it's better than nothing, right? In the mean time, they will be enjoying my oh-so-comfy bed for the week!

Well folks, I am off to bed myself. I've got sleep to get, church to be at, and family to enjoy tomorrow!

Have a WONDERFUL Sunday and remember Jesus on this sabbath day!

Love you all!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Girl...you are always on the go!!! Those babies are just precious. Enjoy your family today!!!

Fran said...

Hope you have a great day Linds.
Praying for you and your whole family....I'm sorry I didn't get the post about your grandfather.
Hope he is doing well.

Hugs,
Fran

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Just read about your grandfather and I am so sorry---hope he is doing much better. Will pray for your family! As far as batman and batgirls---lots of love and laughter! Hope your Mississippi trip is full of His Presence!