Monday, July 28, 2008

The Travels Are Almost Over

I'm back! I spent all of last week in Mississippi with our Jr. High students and had an absolute blast. Normally, for our Jr. High camp we hook up with Student Life. If you've never experienced Student Life you are missing out. It is put on by LifeWay and it is always an amazing time! But, this year we wanted to try something new. So, we hooked up with CentriFUGE in Mississippi, which is also put on by LifeWay and we had an equally amazing time.

I'm not gonna lie, I am exhausted beyond belief. Our schedule literally started at 6:45 for breakfast every morning, and ended at 11 at night. We weren't in bed at 11, we had to be back in our room by 11! So, today my eyelids are heavy and every bit of my physical body is sore, thanks to adult recreation! :) BUT, we did have an amazing time!

I was so encouraged yesterday in Jr. High when about 6 of our students got up to share what God did in their lives while at camp. Really, I should say shocked! Their hearts are so tender, real and precious and the Lord did do some amazing things in them. For them to get up in front of their peers and share how they were challenged is a hard thing to do, but they did it and truly gave God the glory! I love that He moves in the hearts of young ones and I can absolutely NOT look down on them because they are young. (I would be lying if I said I never did this!)

Anyway, we left VERY early last Monday morning and camp ended on Saturday. I had one problem: I was supposed top be in a wedding on Saturday! So, we ended up working everything out in that I flew out of Mississippi that morning instead of riding back on the bus with them. I literally got home around 2ish, hopped in the shower, got all ready and went straight to the church. To say I was exhausted is an understatement. When Jen and I were practicing our song, I was so tired I could barely get a good breath to get a note out. It was bad. So, after practicing a few times, I just went and sat down to catch my breath! I just needed to breathe!

Our precious family and lifelong friend Kelly Snow got married and it was a gorgeous wedding! I was so grateful that I even made it to the wedding, let alone be apart of it. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. She was a stunning bride, and her sweet husband was so cute all night. He couldn't stop looking at her! Love it!

Enjoy some pictures of the wedding! I'm off to take care of a dog and house that I am house sitting this week, and then I'm off to dinner with my girls. Jen and Joanna that is! Woo Hoo!

Then later this week I'm off to Fort Worth to see my other girls, Jen and Raven! YEA! So excited!

Love you all!!

Not only was it Kelly's wedding day...it was also her 25th birthday! Happy Birthday, Kelly!
Me and the Beautiful Bride!
Mr. and Mrs. New
Me and my Jen! We were thrilled and honored to sing in the wedding!
They were sweet to each other!
First dance!
Mr. and Mrs. Isaminger! Love them!
Get it!
My sweet Dad!
Mom and brother! Cute!
Me and my precious Mom!
The last dance! CUTE!
The fam...minus one! Kevyn is in Mexico for a Mission Trip!
Off they go...

8 comments:

connorcolesmom said...

girl you live one busy life :)

I love the wedding pics - they look adorable together :)

And linds you are just beautiful!!

See you soon
Kim

Profbaugh said...

Oh my goodness! All I could think was that you look absolutely gorgeous in these pictures.

Can't wait to meet you in person in SA.

~Cheryl

Fran said...

Beautiful pix but you really wear me out! :)

The beauty of being "younger than me!"

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Fran

Erica said...

Oh my word...I can only fathom the exhaustion. Take a long nap, my friend! You deserve it!

By the way, you looked beautiful at the wedding!

Missy said...

YEAH! She's back!!! Glad you had fun and that you are back home ready for your next adventure.

Yes, Heather came over last week with the kiddos. We enjoyed catching up and both said we still need to get together with you. Let's play "coordinating schedules" again and see what we can do!

Ronda said...

Hope you are able to get some rest this week! It sounds like you have another busy weekend ahead of you!

Toknowhim said...

I agree with Kim...Girl you are a busy gal:) But you are young, so you can do it :)

The wedding pictures are so cute..Thanks for sharing. Blessings sweet one.

Kelli said...

Where did you get that dress? I love it! :)