Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Birthday Girl

Today, August 13th, is my dear BFF's birthday. My sweet girl turns 24 today.

Every year, for two months and 11 days we are the same age, then she has her birthday. BFF is almost a whole year older than me, and you would never guess it because I TOWER over her. Seriously. It's kind of funny. So, here are the top eleven reasons I love my Jennifer. (I don't know why it's 11...I'm just random like that.)

1) I tower over the girl. In height that is. But I still love her despite her height challenge.

2) She just moved back to Houston with her hubby and my heart could not have been happier.

3) Speaking of her hubby, she picked a good one who I not only approve of, but love dearly. Really, I do. He makes me laugh...and we are more alike than any of us like to admit.

4) She will bust out in song at any given moment. I love when she does this because I inevitably join in.

5) There is no one else in the entire world that I love to sing with more than her. It just works.

6) She loves Jesus and is committed to loving Him and serving Him, which encourages me.

7) She is seriously one of the most outgoing people you will ever meet. She doesn't know a stranger and if left stranded would GLADLY talk to a tree.

8) She is one of the best friends a girl could have. I am so lucky.

9) I am one of 2.5 people that actually call her Jennifer. TONS of people call her Jenny, and I just don't do that that often. It's either Jen, or Jennifer!

10) I love that when my phone rings at 5:00 pm almost everyday, I will hear her voice on the other end. Not only that, she always has something outrageous to tell me.

11) She is going to be an Aunt to 6 in just a few short months, and I have never seen anyone more thrilled. She LOVES like no other!

I love you, Jennifer! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I think I just melted into a puddle!! :) You are too sweet!

I love you!!!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

that is such a great tribute:)

My BFF is a " jen" too:)

I call her Jennybean:)

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Jen! I think you should mention she LOVES macaroni and cheese. I had a pregnant craving for some and immediately thought that if Jen was pregnant, this is what she would eat!

Fran said...

Thats awesome!!! I'll go wish her a late happy day!

Hugs...
SEe you SOOOOOON!
Fran