Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Because I Promised Pictures...

Here they are! The long awaited, highly anticipated pictures of my past 2 weeks. First, enjoy some IKE on our behalf, and then enjoy some Colorado. I assure that Colorado is so much better. I am not showing you these pictures so you can feel sorry for us, I am showing you these pictures to show you how spared we were in the storm. We lost nothing compared to so many people, however, I would never wish this upon anybody! But it was definitely an experience to go down in the history books.

A few of the clouds that were rolling is as the storm was making it's way toward us. Mind you, they were moving fast!


The next morning: A little tape and a lot of wind.




Washing my face in the sink. It was all the water we had for a while, and it was everything but high pressure. It was more like a trickle.
A few of our shingles in the front yard. You can see them in the back too!
A tree at church that fell on a telephone line! (It is gone as of today!)
Big trees on main roads. Scary.

Driving around viewing all the damage. And yes, this is what "the mop" looked like all week. :)
This tree fell on 2 cars. Bless their hearts.
A messy street in the neighborhood.
Dad grilling everything from the freezer. Interesting.

Now onto Colorado! (At the reception after the service!)

My dad, Uncle Jim and Aunt Janess (My Dad's siblings!) They were so sweet to come out to the memorial service.

Me and Kev waiting for Bri to take a picture!

I love my brothers!
The crazies on the crazy toy!
My sweet family!
Notice the hand on the hip and the crossed legs. :)
All my girl cousins from both sides. So fun!

I love my Grandma!
Grandma and her girls!
Brien and Sweet Irene. My great Aunt or 3rd Grandma!
The cousins in order! (From Mom's side!)
Sweet.

Typical. (Here he was telling them that his name is really Petunia Pickles. Bless!)
Mom's side of the family!
Just for the record, Grandpa chose to kneel on the ground. We didn't know if he'd ever make it up. Notice all the help he is receiving!
We were too busy laughing. And then he kept saying that he wet himself. Nice, Grandpa!
Grand kids and Grandparents.

Brien coming at me on the tricycle! Seriously scary.
Some of Dad's side of the family! Missing Janess and her family, and of course Gramps and Barb!
Looking out over the hill! (Um, do you see Emma's foot up on the rock? Who knows what she's telling them!)
S'mores!!
If you made it to the end, then bless your sweet soul! We had a great time spending time with our family. We love being with them! And now, we are just trying to get our lives back into a normal routine. Love you all dearly and hope you had a wonderful Wednesday! Hugs!


5 comments:

Kelli said...

I still can't get over home many people have the most BEAUTIFUL pictures from before Ike came.

It looks like you had a really nice time with family in Colorado. Funerals are so hard, but have a sweetness when you get to share memories with family who are together from near and far.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Lindsee Lou, I heard you got a sticker from Mama Beth! No surprise over here. You have such a beautiful heart for Him and His Word. And as Beth said, you can teach! What gorgeous pictures! Hope your lives get back to normal real soon! Praying for you guys. And may the words you spoke to your family at the funeral go way down deep into their hearts as they trust Him! We had an unexpected death in our family this week too and I couldn't make the funeral in New Orleans. My heart is with you Linds!

Missy said...

Love the pictures! Great job capturing the moments.

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the whole family. So very sorry for the reason you were gathered together, but so thankful you had memories to share and new ones to make. You have a gift in them. I'm so thankful you shared. Sure had been praying for you.

hey - I like the wavy hair!
love to you,
nancy

Raven said...

do you have boots on?! TOO CUTE.

love you and miss you so much!