Delurk: Getting up the courage to actually post a message to an unset newsgroup where you've been lurking (reading messages without posting).That would be the definition of delurking, according to the Dwarfnet Internet Guide. Thank you, Dwarfnet.
Over a year and a half ago, I did a post about getting to know you! I was just interested in who was reading my blog and y'all totally came through!
Here now, a year and a half later, I have tons more readers (not like hundreds upon hundreds) and I think it would be fun to "meet" you, if you will! I totally don't care who reads my blog, I mean it is on the world wide web, but I am just curious! I think it is time to do another "getting to know you" post.
I know there really is one on a totally different day, but I declare today National Delurking Day for my blog!
So, if you are a reader of Lindsee Lou and I may not know you, or know you read the blog, feel completely free to delurk! Even if you are a reader that I know of, feel free to say hello! :) I am all about "meeting" you!
To make it fun, why don't you put your name (you don't have to put your last if you don't want!), the city you live in, and your favorite Ice Cream.
For instance, my comment would look like this:
Hello! My name is Lindsee and I live in Houston and my favorite Ice Cream is...well there are far too many to choose from. Maybe Cookies n' Cream? Mint Chocolate Chip? French Silk? Who knows!
So, go ahead, get started! I can't wait to meet you! I am just plum curious, and plus, delurking really is delightful...
38 comments:
Hello, Lindsee! I am Holly and live in Monument, CO. My favorite ice cream is mint choc chip!
Ps Email me your mailing address, so I can put a check in the mail to you for the plates...and the exact cost, too.
HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!
Hello, Lindsee! I am Heather! My fav icecream is currently ... Cake batter! YUM YUM!
Lindsee...my name is jaclyn. i love any ice cream that involves chocolate and peanut butter together. :)
Love you!
Hi, Lindsee! My name is Erin, and I read your blog from the suburbs of Chicago. My favorite ice cream flavor is Phish Food by Ben and Jerry's. Yum!
Hey sweet Linds!
My name is Kim from GA
I have 2 boys that keep me very busy (8yr & 4yo)
I like ice cream but my all time favorite is anything Dark Chocolate
And I was so blessed to actually MEET YOU IN PERSON!!
Truly Delightful
Love ya
Kim
Hi Lindsee! I'm Jaclyn, I live in Houston, and my favorite ice cream is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough... At least at the moment :)
Hey Lindsee! I am Amie and I live in Mobile, AL :o) My absolutely favorite ice cream is Blue Bell's Cookies and Cream! It is just so yummy that I eat it almost weekly!!! I don't have a blog, but I love reading lots of them.
Hey Lindsee Lou!! I'm Natalie, but no-one calls me that 'cause I think it sounds a bit formal. So we just shorten it to Nat. I'm from Wales in the UK and my favourite ice-cream is Ben and Jerrys cookie dough or baked alaska. Though, once I had a gorgeous apple sorbet in Germany, but I wasn't sure if sorbet counted as ice-cream...?
Sorry, that kinda turned into a lil' essay! hehe.
Oh, and in case your wondering, I wandered over here from Sweet Jen's blog. How blessed you are to have such sweet friendship in each other...
Nat x
Hi Lindsee! I'm Jessica and I'm from Lansdale PA. I found your blog on LPM's blog. Remember when Beth had that roll call a few months ago? I wasn't going to respond to it until I saw you and realized I wasn't the young one who read her :)
My favorite ice cream flavor is anything with vanilla, chocolate, and peanut butter.
Hi! I am Teresa and I live in Charlotte, NC. My favorite icecream is my mom's homemade peach.
Hey girl. I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream!!! Might need to make a run now for some!
hi, lindsee...you're so funny. i'm cristina and i live in cypress, texas. i love ben & jerry's cherry garcia.
Hi, Lindsee! I am Angie and I live in Cypress although I do miss my hometown of Memphis, TN!! My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry' Brownie Batter. It is awesome!! Love you!
Hi there! I am Ashley from Southern Indiana...and my favorite ice cream is mint chocoloate chip :)
Hi, sweet Linds. I'm nancy, I live in Houston, and my favorite ice cream is Baskin Robbins' chocolate mousse royale.
Hi Lindsee! I'm Deborah and I live in Dublin, GA. My favorite ice cream is DQs Reeses Peanut Butter Cup blizzard!
Hey Linds. . .
I'm Cheryl (aka Profbaugh) and I live in the St. Louis area--actually on the Illinois side, but that's a whole different post. My favorite ice cream is Starbuck's low fat latte. And I was blessed to meet you in San Antonio.
Lots of love,
~Cheryl
Hi Lindsee! My name is Alyssa from a small town in south Alabama. I enjoy reading your blog and my favorite ice cream is currently cookies & cream.
My name is Tonya and I live in north Georgia. We are seeing the most beautiful fall leaves right now.
I don't really like ice cream, crazy huh? But, I guess my favorite ice cream is Moose Tracks. I just eat the peanut butter cups out of it and then let my hubby finish the ice cream.
Hey, girl! What a great idea. My name is Erika and I'm actually in between homes. Currently I'm in KC but moving to Sydney Australia in January. My favorite ice cream is Edy's Slow Churned Sugar Free Mint Chocolate Chip!
Hey Lindsee! This is Brittney (Jo's Friend) from Pflugerville, TX. My favorite ice cream would have to be anything with fruit - strawberry, blueberry etc. Lately I'm LOVING Rainbow Sorbet :)
Hi Lindsee! I'm Ashley and I live in East Texas. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. This was a fun post idea!
Lindsee, my name is Leslie. I live in Rochester, MN, and my favorite ice cream flavor is . . . um . . . french silk. Yes, it's french silk! Wow. That was not easy.
Aren't you so very popular?! :)
Hi Wind-see :0) My name is Docia, and I live in Houston! My favorite ice cream is Ben&Jerry's coffee heath bar crunch!
Hi Lindsee!
I am Emmy, I live in Ga my favorite ice cream is cookie dough, or mint chocolate chip....mmmmmm
I met you at Siesta Fiesta you are so precious! I have 4 kids two boys and two girls 16,15, 14(next week) and 9... I love you heart... I pray my kids will love the Lord and have a heart for Him like you do! Such a blessing!
Have a Blessed day! Emmy : )
:) I'm Amy Beth from TN and I love chocolate ice cream.
And your blog! :)
Hi Lindsee! I'm Anna, and I live in Texas City. My favorite flavor of ice cream is probably old fashioned vanilla. :) I'm sad I didn't order your plates in time to give a gifts for my bridesmaids! :( Time just started FLYING! Christmas is coming, though~ :)
not really a lurker- just stink at keeping up and posting more often than not! IF i indulge in ice cream, which i must say is VERY rare- I go all out with rocky road! Only the best!!
Umm...we need a date soon- not a phone one, like a meet in the middle, see each other in person, and hug your neck kinda date! Hmmm...any time free for you? I will totally go mor than half-way to meet you! Since we live on COMPLETE opposite sides of Houston- stinks!
Love ya sweetness and miss you!
I live in good old H-town and my favorte ice cream is COFFEE!
Hi Lindsee! My name is Rebecca from Sylacauga, AL. I 'found' you via the LPM blog where I try to check out as many of my fellow siestas as I can. Your blog is fun to read! OH - and I like Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee!
Rebecca
I not officially delurking because I have left comments before, but for the official record
Kim from Illinois, and I love "Moose Tracks" from Prarie Farms.
Blessings
Hey Lindsee...My name is Fran and I live in Jackson TN. I'm addicted to facebook right now and need an intervention. :) Not a big ice cream fan.
Linds, it's Bev who would love to adopt you but you already have an awesome mother!!!!!! I can now say that I am from Austin, Texas---whoop (that's for TU). Everything here is orange. Brooke is coming for Thanksgiving and told me I cannot have anything orange in my new house. LOL. It's Thanksgiving---she may mistake it for TU. Anyhoo...I don't care for any ice cream. But I have to buy several brands of Blue Bell for my kids at Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure I now have the longest comment and I am not even finished yet. I have one more thing to say: I think I will always hold in my heart the moment that I laid my eyes on your beautiful face in SA. In fact, I have tears rolling down my cheeks right now thinking about it and about you. I love you Linds and hold your story in my heart---and I think I hear the gardener calling your name right now. John 20:15.
Hey girl! My name is Becky Kiser. I live in Houston. And I love all kinds of ice cream... which is sad because I'm also allergic to dairy! ;)
*waves* Hi Lindsey! I'm Sarah, from way down in south Georgia. I'm not so much a lurker, but have been busy in school (early education, graduate in May!). My favorite kind of ice cream is...homemade hands down. Especially if it's peach. :)
Hey Lindsee Girl:
I am Jan from Hawkinsville GA, and my favorite ice cream is strawberry!
PS: Do you still do the custom plates?
Let me know!
Georgia Jan
Post a Comment