Friday, November 21, 2008

Meet Madeline


Madeline and I bonded at the Coach Factory Outlet store this afternoon. That store is a scary place to be and is way to close for a girl like me who knows no self-control upon entering any type of Coach store. Yes, scary, I know.

You see, all summer long, Madeline (we'll call her Maddie for short) sat on the sweet shelves of the CFO (not to be mistaken for the CFO of a company) at a bold price of $428. To think I would ever spend that much money on a purse is absurd. Absolutely absurd.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I entered the store this afternoon to find this purse to be alarmingly cheap.

Enter Lindsee: frugal girl at it's best. Yes, I love to shop. Yes, yes, yes, but y'all, I am a bargain shopper. I try to stay below the $10 mark if at all possible and most times I succeed. (This takes patience, folks, not only do you have to wait for a certain item to go on sale, but you also have to be a digger. My mom and I are queen diggers. Hence why we shop so well together.)

As you've probably guessed, there was a toss up in the middle of CFO.

I have loved this purse for months, but would never spend that much money on it. And to be completely honest, who wants to spend a big chunk of their own money anyway? However, I was going to buy one for myself after graduation with some of the money I got, but I never got around to doing it. What to do?

And, I think I forgot to mention that normally I skip right over this store. It's not good for my soul to be so tempted, but tonight I couldn't resist.

So, after some numerous phone calls to friends and family, some photo texts to the BFF, the nice worker lady who was so very honest with me about every purse I picked up, and a new BFF that I met at the store because she and Maddie bonded also...

Maddie and I became one, on a complete whim, and I have never been so satisfied with a decision.

For your peace of mind, please know that I paid so much less that $428. So much less it's not even funny.

For your other peace of mind, please know that I had my mother's blessing, as she told me probably the 397th time I called her.

Please also note my major co-dependency issues, as I could not for the life of me make this decision alone. I had to rally in the troops.

So, in the spirit of Christmas...

Merry Christmas to me. From me and for me!

11 comments:

Profbaugh said...

Oh Lindsee, I'm so PROUD of you. And I've got to add that Maddie is absolutely beautiful! Yes, I think you made a wise investment and will be very happy together

As the owner of a few coach bags myself, they are absolutely wonderful. I can't however, claim the same victory as you. You see I never had the enough moxie to buy one for myself. Nope. My mom LOVES to give them as gifts. And I, of course, would never be so rude as to refuse a gift from my mom!!

Enjoy Maddie. I have a feeling you'll both enjoy a long, happy relationship.

Much love,
~Cheryl

Jenny said...

I am so proud. She looks like she will make you happy for many years to come. I adore her. I think you will be so satisfied with your decision!

xoxoxo

Holly said...

Very cute! I like Maddie!!

Perhaps, just perhaps, I will own one someday... (sniff).

Have a very wonderful holiday, Lindsee! I posted the giveaway last night for the beautiful plates that are to arrive today :) Can't wait to see them!

Katie said...

Just one of the many reasons I am ESTATIC to be moving to Houston!!! Maybe I will actually be able to talk my husband into my entering into a relationship with a beautiful coach purse like yours!! At a bargain price of course!! Can't wait to see you again!

John and Joanna said...

i am so glad that i could help you bring sweet maddie into the Eddy world :)

I know without a doubt she will have a ball with you!!!! She will be forever grateful you my dear chose her :)

I love you like no other!!! And the fact that we need counseling over COACH purses!!!!

Carry Maddie with great JOY!!!

Lauren said...

Isn't it nice to get your mother's approval? I always call my mom to see if she thinks I should get something...once she says yes it's really hard to stop me at that point!

Lora said...

Darlin' bag Lindsee! I am a Coach fan too! And a bargain shopper as well!
It's good to find you in bloggy world. I think I had to say excuse me like a gazillion times to you and your friends at the LPL conference in SA.

Anonymous said...

oh,will I get to meet her tomorrow night?!!! She's so lovely.........
n.

Claire said...

I am still lusting after your $100 steal of a coach bag, though I love you too much to make it personal ;)

Kelli said...

She is beautiful :)

Fran said...

You and Maddie will have a glorious time together and I'm thrilled it all worked out for both of you!!!

Hugs,
Fran