Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oh, The Weekend!

I am a lover of weekends, and this one happened to be a great one!

Friday night Claire and I headed down to HFBC for a night of worship with Roger Cullins! It was great, and now I am a proud owner of his CD. The Lord has given him a great gift and he is using it to lead people to the throne and glorify our sweet Jesus! We had a wonderful time.

Russell, Claire's hubby, was out of town this weekend so we decided to have a sleepover. However, we got home and went straight to bed! Of course we chatted for a bit in bed, but we were both pooped! I feel like we are getting so old. ;)

Saturday, our good friend Ashley got married, and y'all, she was beaming. She looked absolutely gorgeous and it was such a sweet wedding! I am so happy for her and Aaron and so glad they finally tied the knot! I don't know if y'all do, but I love, love, love weddings. I always have since I was a little girl and I think I always will! I guess that's a good thing since it could truly be a hobby of mine. But, oh, how I love them. To me they are just refreshing and so much fun! And really, we can't leave out the glorious wedding cake, folks, because yes, it is glorious!

After the wedding I had a "packing party" for my trip to Mexico! I leave on Thursday and am thrilled, but am definitely not ready. This week is going to be a bit crazy, so your prayers are definitely appreciated. Of course, more details to come on this whole Mexico trip, I promise to sit down and write out the details about it before I go!

This morning I had church, then ate some wonderful Chinese food with my parents, had my 2:42 small group (I love my girls, y'all!), and then headed back to HFBC for church! Of course I got to see my sweet Nancy and since bible study is over I won't get to hug her on Tuesday, but that's okay, because I got to hug her tonight! And I got to introduce her to Maddie. She loved her, too! :)

Well, folks, I hope your weekend was great and filled with much joy! And since we can't enjoy a piece of wedding cake over the computer, enjoy some pictures of the wedding! :)

My "tall" girls! (Especially in our boots!)



Y'all, how cute are they?!

They had the dance down! It was precious!

The glorious cake!

Off they go...


1 comment:

Kelli said...

OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE wedding cake!