Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, so we celebrated last night in Uptown at one of our good friend's home. He lives in a high rise near the Galleria so that view was just awesome. Our goal of taking pictures near the window (besides the precious 'Happy Birthday' sign) was so that you could see the view in the background, however, at night it's hard to see!
We were joined by my parent's small group (of like 53 years) and ate some amazingly good fajitas! That group is so far from dull, so we had an absolute blast. They love each other so much. However, as they kept stating all night long, this group is not a "group for the needy!" They are low on compassion. I'm totally kidding, they are really a fabulous, tight knit group that has lasted for years, but they also know how to have a great time! Of course, my brother and I were the youngest one's there, but I was okay with that!
We missed our little brother (who is on his way home from school as I type this!), but at least we get him home soon! Since I am the only child at home for the time being, I love when they come home! We have so much fun together.
We were joined by my parent's small group (of like 53 years) and ate some amazingly good fajitas! That group is so far from dull, so we had an absolute blast. They love each other so much. However, as they kept stating all night long, this group is not a "group for the needy!" They are low on compassion. I'm totally kidding, they are really a fabulous, tight knit group that has lasted for years, but they also know how to have a great time! Of course, my brother and I were the youngest one's there, but I was okay with that!
We missed our little brother (who is on his way home from school as I type this!), but at least we get him home soon! Since I am the only child at home for the time being, I love when they come home! We have so much fun together.
Our fam, minus Kev!
Anyway, as you can see, she received some very interesting gifts, but we had a grand ole' time. I'll have you know, before you go on worrying that my mother got nothing good, I promise you she did. I just didn't take pictures of the "good stuff!" :) (But, beaware, you never know what might be a "re-gift!")
Since the fun is now over, I am now in pure Mexico mode. On Thursday morning I leave pretty early to go with 11 other people from church to serve some missionaries down in Mexico! Every year they put on a conference for them during thanksgiving to provide, hopefully, some rest and rejuvenation, and this year I will be leading the Elementary kids while their parents have their own conference. Up until about 2 hours ago I was completely stressed about it. We have the kids for about 5 hours a day and even though I am doing a VBS type curriculum with them, I was so worried I wouldn't have enough crafts and games to do after that, but alas, I have worked on it now all week, and I think I am good to go. I have a plan and hopefully, all will be well and go as planned! :)
We come next Tuesday, so it's only a 6 day trip, but I am excited! If you would pray for our team I know we would all so greatly appreciate it.
A few specifics are:
1) That our travels on Thursday would be smooth, and that we would make the first bus round once we get to Mexico to our city. If we don't make the first bus, we would have to wait a good 5 hours in the airport, then travel another 3-4 to our city, getting us to our destination very late. So, hopefully, once we get to Mexico everything will be smooth so we can make the first bus!
2) That we all stay healthy! Every year, so I hear, a stomach bug floats around. Y'all, do you know my fear of stomach bugs?? It is real. So, just pray that the Lord would keep us healthy and strong so we can better serve the missionaries. One of our ladies is very sick right now with the Croup, so we have been praying for a quick healing for her.
3) That we would be able to serve these missionaries and their families in a way that does give them rest! That they would leave rejuvenated, and so would we!
4) That the Lord would fill all of our time and that I wouldn't be anxious about what we are going to do for 5 hours!
5) And lastly, that all of our finances would come in. We are believing God to provide every penny needed, even in such a strained economic world right now!
Well, folks, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Remember what the Lord has done for you, and given you, and thank Him for it! He is so worthy to receive all of our gratitude!
And please, oh please, eat such a good thanksgiving meal on my behalf! I will be missing the goodness that is Turkey, Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole and whatever pie you can think of, but I know y'all won't fail me. In this case, Christmas can't come soon enough!
So much love to you and know that I am so thankful for you!
5 comments:
Friend. You rock it in Mexico. I pray some refreshment for your sweet soul as you love on those of another culture. Breath in the laughter and joy.
Praying for you.
Oh girl...I'm so praying for you. This would be right up my alley...I wish I could go with you!
Spread the love of Jesus and have some fun that you've never known before.
God has you covered. So do your amazing friends!
Much love,
Fran
Happy Birthday, Lindsee's Mom!
I'll keep this in my prayers. May God delight you...
You know I will be praying - can hardly wait to hear how it all goes - may God overflow your heart with love for those precious children! His protection over all of you as you lavishly serve Him! love,
n.
I am just catching up on blogs and wanted to let you know I am praying this week was a success and for safe travels home!
Post a Comment