Monday, November 10, 2008

A Tale of Two Brothers

I have two brothers, one older, and one younger! This weekend I got to hang out with both of them at separate times and it was fabulous!

Friday night my parents went out of town, so my older brother, Brien, came to stay with me because yes, I am a chicken when it comes to sleeping in my house alone. After work we met at the house and then ran to Kroger (or K-Roger as I like to call it) and got stuff to grill out. We got some splendid pre-marinated chicken, asparagus, and some garlic and cheese mashed potatoes. Talk about a wonderful meal, and the chicken was absolutely to die for. No joke, it melted in my mouth. Mouth watering, however, is probably a better term.

I am so glad Brien knows what he's doing when it comes to grilling, because I, as much as I like to think I do (thank you, George Foreman grill) have absolutely not a fat clue how to grill on the real thing.

Hence our conversation that night when we started grilling:

Brien: (After firing up the grill) "Ugh, the grill had enough gas just to fire up...and then die. We need to go get some gas!"

Me: "Well, let me call next door and see if they have any we can borrow."

Called...they weren't home!

Me: "They weren't home, but, we need to at least borrow a gas can from somebody cause I don't think we have one any more!"

Brien: "Lindsee, you are so stupid. Why would we need a can? It is propane. You have to buy a whole new tank."

Me: "Oh, okay..."

And off we went to K-Roger yet again.

We finally were able to get dinner done, eat it, and enjoy it.

After dinner we watched Get Smart, which is entirely too funny, and I'm almost sure I laughed just as much, if not more than the first time I saw it!

Of course, I slept much better that night knowing another person was in the house.

So, thank you Brien, for taking a night to hang with your little sister and keep her safe! :)

Saturday morning I woke up and headed to College Station to see the little brother. Since half of our church are Aggies, every year we have a certain tailgate day where all the parents of students can come and hang out before the game. Since I stated earlier that my parents were already out of town, I took on the roll as the mother.

It was way fun, except the part where it took me over 2 hours to get there. We had us some scrumptious baked potatoes and just chilled. Since Kevyn went to the game, and I did not, I got to hang out with Claire and her momma who also did not go to the game. It was seriously a beautiful day, so we just plopped ourselves in the chairs left over from the tailgate, and chatted. After about 2 hours we went to the big CC Creations tent sale that they have every year where I spent a whopping $22 dollars on Kevyn, where I bought him a hoodie and a t-shirt. Yet again, I felt like the mother. But, Kevyn is the king of hoodies and he doesn't have an A&M one yet, so I took it upon myself to get him one. I could actually be considered a late birthday gift, since I don't think I gave him anything!

After the game, I headed home! It was such a fun day...and a fun little 'getaway'!



SQUISHY FACE!!

Finally a good one! :) Some sibling love!
We're totally sportin' the CBC sign! :)

Me and Kirsten! Love this girl!
The two girls (aka me and Claire) that had long hair, chopped it off, and are now both growing it back out. Hence the awkward hairstyle/do. Please forgive us! :)


Sunday was definitely busy, but a good busy. Of course I had church, then lunch, then I got to spend some much needed time with my neighbors 6 week old puppies, then off I went to small group, and then straight from small group, I headed to First Baptist! I usually head to church on the Sunday nights that I can (during the summer it's every Sunday, but during the year it's a little harder) however, tonight I got to hear one of our favorites, Travis Cottrell. Homedude BROUGHT it and did fabulous...as always.

Not only was he amazing, but he sang two of my absolute favorites, 2000 Years and Jesus Saves! I mean, can I get an AMEN! It was the perfect way to start my week!

Well folks, I'm out. I am totally in 'retreat planning mode' ALL week long because THIS WEEKEND is the retreat. To say I am excited, anxious, nervous, joyful, stressed, is an understatement. I would so appreciate your prayers if you think of it. Of course, I'll be updating, but I know that Shelly and Abby could especially use your prayers, too. Oh Lord, be glorified!

Oh, and by the way, it was SO nice to "meet" so many of you! I am so glad you said hello. It was fun to read all y'alls favorite ice cream, and definitely had me craving some of those flavors all weekend! Y'all are awesome!

Okay, I'm really out now! Love y'all!

Linds

P.S. I am so sorry the pictures are humongous! I forgot the change the setting to medium size. Oops! :)

8 comments:

Kenya Dig It? said...

Hey love the shirt! It doesn't look manly at all, very cute! So exicted for the retreat, for you! (if that makes sense!) I will be thinking of you as I crawl across the finish line sunday morning! Love!

Jenny said...

I love you! AND I love your brothers... cause they are kinda like my brothers!

you and claire bear look beautiful!

Also, I am glad Hannah commented on your shirt cause I just love it. Where did you get it? It looks so cute and comfy.

Love you love you love you, SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!

Holly said...

Since Jen and Hannah commented on your shirt, I thought I'd ass, that I totally dig that style and wore it in the 80's when I was in high school (and you were born!) hee hee!

PRAYING for your week and for Abby and Shelly, too!

I sent your check in the mail today--like, yeah sure the check's in the mail. Well, it really is!

Love ya!

Katherine Page said...

so i have two things to say. I love your hair style and at that cute length. I'm a secret admire of your hair since Sam Houston and seeing you at Truth. :0) and HOW BOUT THEM RAIDERS?!!!! Go tech go!!! :0)

Profbaugh said...

Love the pix Linds. . . your brothers are very lucky to have you as a sis!!

~Cheryl

Fran said...

Girl..I say K-Roger too. And some Tar-jay. ;)

I love that you spent that time with your brother. Thats very cool.

And, so jealous that homedude was at HFBC. Seriously. I know he brought the house down. The boy can sing.

Have a fabulous day. I love ya and you know I'm praying for the retreat. Glory to God!!

Dana said...

What fun! I missed going to the tailgate this year. Praying for the retreat with you!

Claire said...

yay for posting your fun pics...I still haven't, you know I have posting issues ;) I'm praying big about this weekend and will be seeing your sweet face in a few hours! LOVE YOU!