Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Few Good Things (Not To Be Mistaken For A Few Good Men)

I am currently in the process of de-cluttering the hot mess that is my room. I have no greater thrill than getting rid of meaningless, take-up-space things. But, before you go thinking that I just throw it all away, I will have you know that I always disperse the unwanted items to a better place. Some items go to Goodwill. Some things go to people. (That would be the clothes. And my aunt already called first dibs this time.) And then yes of course, there will inevitably be the things that make it to the trash can. In this instance, I am completely different from my mother who feels the need to keep the most mundane things. At least I think they are mundane.

So far I have made it through only 2 piles and have at least 238986 more to go. Joy!

But, I couldn't go any farther without sharing a few good things with you. At least they are good things to me, but could be totally mundane to you. I am liking that word, mundane.

1) My boss, and youth pastor extraordinaire gave into the pressure to start a blog. I told him he can't let me down on this one and must blog AT LEAST once a month. I think that is doable. Feel free to hop on over there to make him feel good. He said it would boost his self-esteem greatly if he had visitors.

2) My life became 10 times more organized this morning when I set up my Google Reader. Praise the Lord for that thing. And really y'all, why is it that I have been blogging for almost TWO YEARS (on January 18th) and I JUST realized the time saver that is that thing. You don't even want to know how much time I spend going from blog to blog just to see who has updated. Ridiculous. Needless to say, I spent a generous amount of time this morning entering all 50 of your blogs in there. I felt so good about myself.

3) I challenged some of my girls over at the Lily Blog to join me in memorizing scripture. I challenged them to just start by memorizing one a month. Even at that, they will memorize and meditate on 12 scriptures this year. So far, four girls have signed up for the challenge. I am so proud of them and so excited to see what the Lord will do in their lives. I mean, what is better than a young generation of girls (that I am not too far removed from) rising up to fill their minds with truth? I love them to pieces.

4) My "funk" of a mood is getting tons better. Really, it all boils down to me and my sweet Jesus. We had to do some wrestling. And wrestling it was, and it was good. At this point in my life I've never had to trust Him more or even love Him more. And, I need Him to love me. More than anything. It has been a good/hard past few weeks. But, He is and will forever be good.

5) Our bible study on "Inheritance" starts this next Tuesday and I am SO excited. I have a feeling it will be a very good Word.

6) I just put eight pairs of jeans in my "Shopping Bag" at Gap.com. My intent is to get one pair of jeans. Hence why I must get rid of seven. It's going to be a hard draw, folks. They've got some pretty cute trouser jeans out right now. But, no worries, I assure you I will only get one. Believe me, I'm totally not rolling in the dough.

7) Last night I met Jen at Memorial City Mall after work (it truly is the perfect place for us to meet up!) and we went and saw Bride Wars! To say that I L-O-V-E-D this movie is an absolute understatement. It's pretty much up there on my list of favorites. I laughed so hard, and even shed a tear. I wouldn't have wanted to see this movie for the first time with anybody else. (Although, Jo and Sal would have made the night complete.) I was her Maid of Honor and if things work out between us, she'll be mine. (And I'm totally kidding about the things "working out between us!") However, I will have like 157 Maids of Honors. And they all know who they are. In my opinion, the movie is a buyer. Then again, I am easily entertained. So, what I think is fabulous, you might hate. And I'm okay with that. After the movie we made our normal trek to CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) and had one of the most edifying conversations I have had in a long time, while sharing a mighty fine appetizer. I left last night so encouraged by my BFF. I love her to pieces. All in all, it was a wonderful evening.

Well folks, my iTunes play list is on party shuffle (you know, cause we're having a huge party up in here!) and Rascal Flatts just came on, which is my hint to move on and get to cleaning again. For some reason, those rascals put me in a cleaning mood. And I have no idea why. Peace out.

6 comments:

Allie said...

Sounds like you and Jen had fun! I can't wait to go see bride wars, it looks so funny! And way to go on the cleaning, wish I had your motivation!

Jenny said...

I had a wonderful date night with you, my dear. I love you to pieces :)

So glad we got to "go there"! xoxoxoxo

Sarah said...

Two things:
1.) The "peace out" at the end totally sounded in my mind like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite.
2.) Angie and I saw "Bride Wars" tonight. I agree that it was incredibly entertaining. However, we had a humbling experience. When Kate Hudson's hair is blue and her fiance tells her she looks like a "tall, hot smurf," some teenagers nearby said "what's a smurf?" Are we that old?!

Missy said...

I love, love, love cleaning and organizing and getting rid of stuff I don't need or use. Reading that you were doing that made me so happy. :)

Kelli said...

Isn't Google Reader the BEST? We have been cleaning out stuff too around the house. Fisher Price threw up in our living room over Christmas so I needed to make room for toys in closets! I can't wait to see Bride Wars! :)

Janelle and Ella said...

I am so glad you discovered Google Reader. I have been using bloglines for a couple of years and it changed my life. I love it.