Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This Will be Random

Okay, so let's just be honest, I have had no desire to blog whatsoever the past week. I'll peak in here and there, but I just haven't been in the blogging mood. I've actually been in quite some mood since after the 1st. It's just kind of a funk mood. I don't know really how to explain it, and I don't have any reasoning for it, it just is. I mean, my mind has been going ninety to nothin' on some different things, nothing big, just thinking about a lot, so that could contribute to the funkiness that is my personality as of late, but whatever it is, I am ready to shake it.

Not to toot my horn or anything, but I am normally a spit-fire kind of girl. Not to reserved, kind of loud and obnoxious. Who knows, maybe this mood is to give my peeps a break! Insert laugh here.

On top of that, there just hasn't been much to blog about, so why try to make something up?

However, I figured that it was probably time to attempt at least a random blog. So, here goes my life since last Thursday.

Friday: After sleeping in, I joined Jen for a Chinese lunch. It was much needed and SO good. I think the last time I ate Chinese food was before Thanksgiving. And folks, if you knew how many times a week Chinese food was apart of my diet, you would think that was a sin. And indeed, it was. Needless to say, I inhaled it. Okay, now I can't even remember what I did the rest of the day. Pitiful.

Saturday: I joined the lovely Claire for an early showing of Marley & Me. So cute and so unbelievably emotional. It's amazing to me how attached you can get to a dog you don't even know. After the movie we hung out with her sweet family at her house and made a delicious Italian dinner. It was so good and I felt so domestic.

Sunday: It was our first Sunday back since the holidays as a youth group, so it was nice to see our precious cherubs and talk all about the holiday's. Bless their hearts, they were so not ready to go back to school the next day. That night I made my normal trek over to HFBC and heard a wonderful message from Curtis Jones. It was fun hearing him for the first time (besides LIT) in a more "teaching" kind of setting and he did great! And he also cracked me up. Home dude is funny! One thing he said that has so stuck with me and that I have pondered over is that when we taste our weakness, it pushes us past our pride/comfort zone into a place of spiritual growth! Amen! I pray we never grow stagnant in our walk and that we would get pushed into a place of spiritual growth. Oh, that we would be willing to do what it takes! It has been such a treat to hear Afshin and him these past 2 weeks. However, going to HFBC is a treat for me anyway because Gregg never fails to deliver a mighty word.

Monday: Believe it or not, I was so ready to be back at work. Granted, I loved my time off, but I was really ready for a routine and to get started on all the exciting things that are about to happen at church. Also, I met Jackie for lunch at Cafe' Express and that was such a delight. We had tons of fun catching up and just chatting. Since bible study was a little different last semester, I didn't get the pleasure of seeing her every Tuesday. No worries, though, come Tuesday I'll get to hug her every week! I'm so ready for bible study to start!

Tuesday: Now, yesterday was truly a day to blog about. It was my parents 30th Anniversary! Y'all, that is totally crazy to me. Once I thought about it, I realized that 30 years is a really long time. I told them I am praying for grandchildren for them in the next 20 years. We are pulling for Kevyn to come through for us on this! Totally kidding. First they need a daughter or son-in-law! They were sweet to treat us all to Churrasco's to celebrate. It is a family favorite and totally watering-in-your-mouth good. We don't turn down Churrasco's. Ever. In a world where divorce is ramped, I am so grateful that my parents have a strong, loving, Godly marriage. It is rare indeed. Happy Anniversary, y'all! I love y'all dearly.

Today has been a pretty average day. Worked. Had meetings. Had another fun lunch date with a few of the old high school peeps who are home from college, and had youth group tonight. Now, I am facebooking and blogging. Very productive.

Tomorrow, on my day off, I plan on tackling my room yet again and getting rid of things. Some how I have accumulated more things that I know what to do with. It is quite insane.

Well folks, I am off. Enjoy some pictures of our "date" night with the family at Churrasco's.







And lastly, I leave you with my first memory verse. In a time where my mind has been going ninety to nothin', this verse has been a great anchor for my soul. This picture is currently the desktop on my work and home computer. As much as I look at a computer, it is a helpful way to memorize the verse, and clearly a wonderful reminder throughout the day of our sweet Lord. I will trust in the Lord, because HE IS the Rock Eternal. Amen!


7 comments:

Taylor said...

Hi Lindsee!

He is the Rock Eternal. Amen, girlfriend. Ok, a little accountability help here...I'm going to try and type my memory verse...this could get sticky:

According to my earnest expection and hope, that in nothing shall I be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, even so now also shall Christ be magnified in my body, whether by life or death.

Ok, I just read the real version and it needs some tweeking! i sure wish i could join you at Tuesday night Bible Study...maybe one of these days!

I'll post soon and maybe you can give yours a shot on my blog!

much love to you!

:: Taylor

Taylor said...

oops...and that was Philippians 1:20. :)

connorcolesmom said...

Amen on the scripture verse sweet Linds
I totally agree about the blogging thing
I am just loving FB too much and it is so much more simple than blogger
Course we "talked" about that yesterday during my hour long episode of trying to download pics to blogger
Still.not.done!
Love ya girl
Kim

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I love your verse Linds, one of my favorites. How awesome that you even made it pretty!

And girl, speaking of pretty. Is there anyone more adorable than you? Oh that I'd have had your heart at your age.

I love you girl!

Lisa

Jackie said...

I LOVED our lunch and loved catching up, we'll definately have to do it again somewhat soon! :)

YAY for Tuesday almost being here. I get to get my praise on, here an awesome teaching, and hug some of my FAVORITE girls' necks. What is NOT to loooovvveee about Tuesdays. It's so close I can hardly stand it!
See you VERY soon again! Love ya!

Heather said...

Hi Lindsee! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and I am so thankful God used it to speak to your sweet heart! When I read your comment, my heart just raced because I feel like I understand where you are. I didn't meet my husband until I was 25. My roommate at the time didn't meet hers until she was 31. I know the despair and the impatience and the "I am the only one in this boat" feelings. But I also know that God has the perfect man out there for you...and He will bring him to you in His time. (So easy to believe in your head, so hard to believe in your heart, I know)
Please know that I will be praying for you and am so thankful to have you as a new bloggy friend!
I have seen this over and over in my life, no matter how much I complain or get in a funk or give up hope, GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Jenny said...

It has to be said that the chinese food was delicious :)

How did you get your verse to look so pretty?

love you forever