However, I know that whether or not people read this thing, it has been such a such a fun, interesting thing to look back on. And of course a fun memory keeper, which is truly one of the most fun things about blogging. And need I even mention the huge blessing and encouragement you all have been to me these past years? I would have never thought in a million years that I would have met some seriously fun, and seriously funny ladies on the Internet, let alone meet them and start a friendship with them. What an unexpected blast that has been!
So, in honor of my two year blogaversary, as if my blog is not already enough all about me, I am going to list a bunch of randoms about me you may or may not know. I will go until I run out of randomness. Which could be fairly quick because I’m not the most interesting being on the planet. Nor am I that creative. So, here goes the random facts of Lindsee that I know you care, and are dying to know.
- I am not completely OCD but have some major OCD tendencies.
- Some of these tendencies include: my night time and shower routine. Since about 6th grade, I have washed my face every single night. I cannot, and will not go to sleep unless my face is free of anything that will clog the pores. If I happen to fall asleep, I will get up even if it’s 2 a.m. and wash my face. It is sad, I know. Just ask the peeps I live with.
- My shower routine is also the same every time. This includes shaving my legs every single shower. Even in the winter. I have issues with spiky legs. My own, not yours.
- I am one of the least competitive people you will ever meet, which I think is why I was never that into sports, even though the volleyball coach in high school consistently asked if I would join the team. Little did she know that me and the ball were never one. And plus, I consider myself physically challenged.
- I am a “sweet tooth” girl. Therefore when I am around anything sweet, “Self-Control” is one of the lowest fruits on the totem pole. I am seeking the Lord on this one. Both he and I know I could do without.
- I have very long eyelashes.
- Because of my very long eyelashes, it takes me just as much time to do my mascara as it does to put on my entire face every morning. I have come to embrace this fact, others, however, don’t understand. That is of course unless you are a BFF or my family. They are so patient with my morning routine. Let’s face it, I like to take my time.
- I am currently in the process of growing out my hair. I chopped it all off about a year and a half ago, and to say I miss it is a sad understatement.
- Part of the reason I am growing it back out is because my hair is naturally wavy/curly. When it is short, the curly does not work well. And frankly, it knocks a good 30 minutes off my morning routine. I am needing some long, curly hair again.
- I love to laugh. Probably my favorite thing to do in the entire world. And believe me, when I get tickled, there is no turning back.
- I am easily entertained, so therefore, I enjoy almost anything entertaining. Especially when it comes to music and movies.
- I love babies. Not in the I-want-a-baby-tomorrow way, but I have always loved them. I’m pretty sure I started babysitting when I was in 6th grade. I am very comfortable around them, and have been know to put a few to sleep every now and then. Really, it’s the “Bop” that does the trick. I learned that from my Mom.
- In a strange way, even though I have never had one, dogs are drawn to me. I call myself the dog whisperer. Why can’t I be the boy whisperer?
- I am, I think 6ft. tall. If not, I am right under it.
- With that said, I have a 37 inch inseam. No lie. I am all legs.
- I am a pretty patient person except for when it comes to driving behind somebody that is either going the exact speed limit, or a little below. Because, we all know that if you are behind that person, you are not going the speed limit.
- It is a hug pet peeve of mine when people do awful parking jobs. Like, take-up-ten-spaces parking jobs. Who gave them them the parking pass to park wherever, and whenever you please. I am certain the world would be a happier place if you only take up the one you were given.
- I was the first of my family born in Texas to a California dad, and a Colorado mom.
- I really like shoes and bags.
- I used to love the Broadway shoe Aida, which I saw 3 times. Twice in New York, and once in Houston.
- This led to my love of Heather Headley, whom I just watched on T.V. singing with Josh Groban. It was a little slice of heaven.
- I had the amazing privilege to sing with Josh Groban at the Superbowl along with my 2 brothers, Jen, and some other alumni from Houston Children's Chorus when it was in Houston.
- I went to Italy for two weeks where we traveled to Rome, Venice and Florence. As much as I hated leaving my parents for that long (I was in 8th grade) I didn't want to come home. I LOVED Italy.
- To put myself to sleep, or when I am really tired, I rub my feet together unintentionally. I am always really nervous when I am sharing a bed with someone that doesn't know this about me that they will get really annoyed. So therefore, I try not to do it. However, when I don't do it, I truly don't fall asleep as easily. It's weird, I know.
- I love reading. However, I used to hate reading. I love it so much now that I have, in recent weeks, stayed up till 4 a.m. reading. Yes, we are working on self-control.
- I find it extremely sad that I missed my one year blogaversary, my 100th post and my 200th post. Hopefully I’ll make something of my 300th post, which is only 5 posts away. But really, what in the world could I do for my 300th post? I have a feeling it will be extremely boring, just like I was extremely sad I missed the rest of those monumental moments in blog world.
- On that note, my randomness is over at number 27. I am sure you were highly amused.
Y’all (as if I can see you) have been so much fun these past few years and have brought such unexpected joy to my life. Seriously! I have come to love blogging. So, now it’s your turn. If you have visited and never commented I’d love to meet you! Just let me know where your from and how you got here. And, if you do comment regularly, which I absolutely love reading your comments, feel free to tell me how you ever got directed to the blog that is Lindsee Lou! Or, you can just give a two year old some lovin’! I sure do love you people.
13 comments:
I can't even remember how I started reading your blog, but I am glad that I did! And my "little" sister is 6ft and all legs just like you!
Happy Blogaversary!
A few things:
1. Happy Blog-aversary!
2. I am a little offended that you "used to love" Aida! Don't tell me that if i turned on "Elaborate Lives" right now, you wouldn't go bonkers!
3. Even your bff's are still amazed at your mascara marathon you do every morning.
4. Love you!
I can't believe it's been two years!! I remember the day you started yours! Love reading your updates- love you even more!
Happy Blogaversary! I was trying to remember how I found your blog, and I am stumped, but I am SO glad I did. LOVE the randomness!
thanks for my sweet facebook note on my wall!!
Also, when I cut my hair I went through major sadness too, but I must say that your hair right now is SO cute and stylish...
i love you lindsee and I love your blog!!
Happy blog-aversary! So glad you kept it up becasue I have a precious new friend out of it. Crazy how God has used this outlet to connect people. Only God.
You are amazing and precious. Glad I am getting to know you more and more..and see you EVERY WEEK! :)
and girl...we are LONG LEGGED sisters. I love how debra said she didn't want to sit by us Tuesday becasue she was already feeling short! LOL!
Love you!
Pretty sure I found your blog through LPM blog and so glad I did. I kept reading because we have a lot in common. I'm doing my student teaching, but not sure what I want to do with it. I'm also the only one of my friends that are single. :)
~Sarah
I actually knew a lot of this about you, Lindsee (probably from Jen), but I did learn a few other things as well. I am so like you in the competitive aspect. I just never had it in me to play sports because of that. :-)
This was a very entertaining post! Happy Blogaversery!! I have enjoyed you so much. You are the sweetest!
I was cracking up at your night time rituals and I'm very jealous. I wish I had the will to never miss a face washing and my husband would be so grateful if I shaved more than once every 2 weeks in the winter. :-)
I don't remember how I found you! Maybe through Fran??? I'm not sure!!
When we get our perfect bodies in heaven....I sure hope I get to be right under 6 foot!!! :)
Happy Blogaversary to you Lindsee Lou!!!
Happy blogaversary, dearest Linds!!! I'm so thankful for you!!!
Happy blog-aversary Linds! I found your blog through Jen's blog. I don't really remember how I stumbled across hers though! You girls are so sweet and funny, you just crack me up! I love shoes and bags too, it's a girl's perrogative I reckon! x
Hi! I linked over here from Amanda's blog. Nice to "meet" you. I think I saw you at the Siesta Fiesta. In fact, I think I sat near your during the Fiesta. I live in San Angelo, TX. My hubby and I have been married for 7 years. We have two kids, girl is 5 and boy is 3. I don't put their names on the blog just because it's on the WWW and I'm just not comfortable with that. I'd be happy to tell you their names in an email if your interested!
Good to get to know you a little. My sister in law is 6ft. She was the Big 12 Champ for discus at A&M in 2004, I think. I am 4'11 and have a 28 inc inseam. I'm a shorty! I have really long eyelashes, too. So do my kids! My hair is naturally curly/wavy. I chopped it off, too. And I've tried to wear it curly and it just doesn't do the same as when it was long. I'm trying to decide if I should grow it out or not. I love it short, but wearing it curly really shaves off getting-ready time in the morning. I used to hate reading, too, but I'm learning to like it a lot. Have you read Karen Kingsbury's Redemption series? If not, that is one you really need to get!
Peace out!
Ashley
Post a Comment