Not to windy + no humidity + 70 degree temps = perfect weather in Houston.
And when you have perfect weather in Houston, you take full advantage of the day given to you. Those perfect weather days are few and far between.
So, we decided to enjoy some custard at a neat little place called, Connie's Custard. I wish I could describe to you the goodness that is this place, but words don't do it justice. It is swell, smashing, satisfactory, acceptable, and any other synonym of "good" you can think of.
I was the first in line (Godly, I know!) because frankly, I don't have to stare at the menu for hours on end, I'm pretty much a regular there.
Anyway, I ordered and they promptly delivered my Almond Delight.
The Almond Delight consists of almonds, shaved chocolate chips and coconut all mixed in a creamy vanilla custard. However, I leave the coconut out.
After I ordered, I was walking over to a sunny spot to enjoy the splendidness (I just made that up) that was just handed to me when a lady stopped me and asked me what I ordered.
I told her what I ordered and then, in my caring, genuine self felt the need to assure her that it was amazing, but frankly, she wouldn't be disappointed in anything she ordered.
That's when she said to me, "Oh girl, I know. I've never gotten something here I didn't like. That's why I am the size I am."
Um, I just laughed and agreed that indeed, I too, have never ordered something from there I didn't like and then proceeded to the sunny spot summoning me.
But y'all, why do people feel the need to say those things to me? I could possibly be the most awkward person in situations like that.
Next time I am not going to be so nice so that I can avoid any more awkward moments.
At least it was a pretty day.
10 comments:
Maybe God was letting you see inside the minds of those you minister to, dear Lindsee. Perhaps, she said what many people have as a conversation in their head. We need to watch what we say to ourselves, 'cause sometimes, we blurt it out at the most unusual and awkward times!
And the Almond Delight sounds yummy! I would have kept the coconut :0)
Uhm....I agree with Holly.
And I also think that I would have behaved far worse than you did. My instinctive responses that come to mind would have ONLY made matters worse.
So, ministry? Names??
1) The three amigas?
2) Siestas pocos Inc. (for little sietas)
3) Lindsee, Labby, and Lelly (possibly cracking me up right now b/c I need to go to bed)
Dern... I think I need to crucify my flesh and let the Holy Spirit lead me a little more here. :)
I'm not only awkward, but I always get stuck in awkward moments like this...that ususally I tend to make worse with my awkwardness.
Fun times.
I miss you!
Galveston is calling us..or at least a lunch date sooN! I'll drive all the way to you if I need to :)
lets plan it!
love you!
Not fair. Pregnant girl REALLY wants Connie's Custard now. I must find an excuse to drive over there this week. :)
Glad you got to enjoy the perfect weather (despite the awkward moment)!
WOW! How does one respond to that?
I now have a Connie's craving! :-)
LOL
That kind of stuff happens to me all the time
My hubby has witnessed many of such events and just rolls his eyes
I do agree with Holly though - you never know who we can minister to
:)
BTW: when I come to Houston in January you have to take me to that place - m'kay!
Love you
Kim
Ooohhhh girl I need me some Connie's. Come on Summer! :) Give me a Straw-Ana NOW! Love you
yes please let me know about Rehearsal Dinner places, you're probably more familiar with that area anyways! we were thinking maybe lupe tortilla.. let me know what you suggest. =) time sure is flying by. adam will be a police officer in 6 1/2 weeks.. AHH! =) i love reading and getting updates on your blog. love you!
I am usually the one making those kind of comments! You know it!
Post a Comment