Today was going along all chipper until I got some not so fun news. Yet again, I know that this crazy blog world is a praying community, so I am asking that you would take a second to lift up
these two things.
1) After lunch today I got out my phone to see that I had a few missed calls from my friend, Jen, one of my BFF's from college. She called to tell me that one of my other BFF's from school, Raven, was in a serious accident last night. Of course at first my heart dropped to my toes because that is never a message you want to hear on your voicemail, however, she is okay. A man who was driving crazily, spun out of control, leaving Raven to t-bone them head on, on a small highway outside of Fort Worth. She does have a broken clavicle bone, a fractured sternum and a very little punctured lung, which she was put on oxygen for, but I just got off the phone with Jen and supposedly the lung healed on it's own last night and hopefully Raven will be released tonight to go home. She is just waiting for the surgeon to come give her any more news an tell her the next steps.
The craziest thing is that I had literally just talked to Raven while she was on her way home, and inevitably, the last thing I said to her was to be safe! Those words have much more meaning now. I always mean it, but it is always said more casually because I would hate to think if anything awful did happen. The other car had a five month pregnant lady in it who is in critical condition, so please pray for her, too. Fortunately, the accident was not Raven's fault, so everything should be taken care of for her. Raven is one of those girls that sits really far away from the wheel, and we always joke about it, but according to the police, it is what saved her life! Scary. So, if you could pray for a quick healing for her and the others involved and that everything, mainly the insurance messes, and all those other details would be taken care of quickly, I know she would greatly appreciate it.
As if that isn't all enough, her Grandma died this past Monday from different bouts of sickness, so she has been driving back and forth all week. And her sister is getting married next month in which she is the Maid of Honor and we are now hoping she won't be in a cast. Also, our homegirl is in her second year of seminary and has much to do for that and really doesn't have time to "take a break." So, needless to say she has a lot on her plate and I know would covet your prayers.
I feel so helpless since she is in Fort Worth and I am in Houston, so I figure the best way for me to help is to pray and ask for prayer. Thank you so, so much.
2) Secondly, this has nothing to do with me personally, but you may or may not have heard about the Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Maryville, Illinois that was shot and killed this morning during the 8:15 service. Instead of me giving all the details, go here to read the whole story. It is absolutely devastating and I can't even imagine what his family or the church is going through. I know fear is the first thing that struck me. I immediately had to pray because I will entertain my mind with all manner of scenarios that could happen following this one. I'll even talk myself out of going to church! However, I can't live in a constant state of fear, nor can you. I have to take every thought captive. The sad part is that we do live in a sinful, imperfect world and no day is a guarantee. Please pray for all that were involved in this. Especially his family, each person that had to witness this, and the whole church congregation.
Thanks a million, y'all!
Lindsee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I will definitely be praying. Please keep us updated. I am glad to hear Raven is OKAY, though. Praise the Lord! My heart stopped when I was reading this post.
On a lighter note, I like your new background-super cute! Hope you're doing well. Maybe we can get together soon. Love you. Miss you.
Praying, Lindsee, you sweet thing! God is in control...
Thanks for sharing the news.
Love.
Praying for dear Raven and for all the details surrounding her life and this accident to bring ONLY blessing.
Also I have been praying for the families in the church in IL. That is my home stomping ground--certainly not the Bible belt. Praying and unwaivering in faith.
Praying for YOU, too!
Love you much,
Holly
i had not heard that about the pastor in IL. SO sad, I will be praying. Aslo praying for Raven. How scary....i know you must be so worried about your friend!
Oh, Lu, I am so sorry about Raven. How scary! I'm so glad she is okay though. Praise the Lord.
I read about that church in Illinois yesterday. that is just horrible. That church has alot of healing to do.
Don't let your mind wander, girl. Trust in Him and do not be afraid. He's got ya :)
love you so much.
ps i did get your voicemail last night, I will call you sometime soon! love you!
Praying for Raven and the church family in IL. I cannot imagine!
Praying sweetie girl. My goodness...SO glad we've got a BIG God!
XO Melinda
I'll keep Raven in my prayers for quick healing. I was in a TERRIBLE car wreck in college and had every one of these injuries and it is soooo painful. I'll pray for her.
"Be safe" takes on new meaning.
Love you,
Fran
The church in Maryville, IL is not far from where I live. It was shocking news. Although I don't know anyone that goes there I do have friends who do. In fact our pastor used to be the youth pastor at the town next to it and knew lots of kids from there. Everyone is taking it pretty hard as you might imagine. So continue to lift them in prayer.
Praying too,
~Cheryl
Post a Comment