Thursday, March 5, 2009

This and That

I just yawned the biggest yawn ever because I am pretty sure my Jazzercise instructor tonight was out to kill us all. It was brutal and I am now exhausted! Not to mention the fact that I helped my sweet Claire move every piece of clothing and beyond from one house to another today. That girl has got some clothes, y'all. I feel as though clothes are the biggest booger to move! I mean, it takes forever. And of course because we decided to do this today, it had to be the hottest day of the week. Welcome, March!

Speaking of Claire, she and her hubby bought a house! They closed on Monday and were handed the keys. I took them lunch on Monday and got the grand tour, which was absolutely so much fun. During that grand tour, I felt so old! I mean really y'all, these people are my age. Are we really at the age that we can buy houses and cars and it's all normal? I just don't feel right about it. We're growing up! Their house, on the other hand, is just perfect and darling. And needless to say, they are so excited! After having moved about three times in the past six months (because of military commitments) they appreciate and are very ready to get settled in their new home!

As I walked out to my car today to meet Claire, I got to see first hand that we have indeed welcomed Spring in Houston, TX because of the layer of yellow on my car. Oh, how I despise thee, pollen-that-makes-my-eyes-water-and-nose-raw. Please don't stay for long! You come during the prettiest season in Houston and ruin it for all of us. I am feeling your affects right now as I type this!

Also in random news tonight, I, yet again, am playing around with new blog designs. I keep going back and forth as to whether or not I just want to pay for a really cute, custom one. I mean, I really do love all the custom designs out there, but do I really want to spend money on it? I just have no idea. What are your thoughts? I know many of you out there have done this, and I am wondering if it was worth it to you?

So, I am reading the book How to Get a Date Worth Keeping, and y'all, I am loving it. To be completely honest, I have almost finished the entire thing! I feel like Dr. Henry Cloud sat down and interviewed me about my love life, or lack thereof, and wrote the book based off of my honest answers. Homedude seriously knows what he is talking about. Well, I guess the true test of that last line is if my dating life picks up here soon, but still, he has some very true points. Between the author genius behind this book, my "matchmaker" pastor Mr. Dave Gibson, and my in house"counselor" Greg, I should be dating in no time flat. (All said in a sarcasm, witty tone.)

I am interrupting the randomness that is me tonight to take a quick shower. I am so gross right now. So gross that each of you should be thrilled you are reading this from behind a computer screen that is not anywhere near me.

Okay, I feel much better now.


While we're on the love topic, I honest to goodness am numb to The Bachelor. I don't know what to think about it, or Jason, so I'll just leave it alone. However, before I leave it alone, I need y'all to know that I am excited for May 18th. This is sick y'all. Sick, sick, sick that I feel the need to put myself through this misery again. Or watch Jillian put herself through it. But, I'm hooked.

You know what else I'm hooked on? Babies. They're simply everywhere! In fact, you need to go see Ronda's Twinkies and Erica's new little boy as of tonight. Both of these ladies are examples of God's absolute faithfulness and provision and nothing short of a Godly example to me in how to play "the waiting game." I could not be more excited for them nor can I wait to see how the Lord continues to show His faithfulness to them as they learn to be new Mommies! Have I mentioned yet that they are BFF's? Oh yes, yes they are. Seriously, go read about each of their journeys at their blog. Glory to Him!

Well, I'm not sure how I went from Jazzercise, to moving, to blogs, to love and to babies, but somehow I did and now I will put you out of your misery by publishing this post, and putting my computer away so I can get some shut-eye with my wet hair. Is that weird? I'm not one to take showers at night, but when I do I feel like I can't get in bed quick enough with my wet hair. I love nothing more than sleeping with wet hair, especially in the summer. (I know, it's not even summer yet, but it sure feel like it. Especially since I got a VBS email yesterday. Oh, VBS!)

But, before I go, I need to ask you a personal question. As you all know, I just took a shower. After my shower I was doing my nightly routine but realized that after every shower (every morning), I always put deodorant on first thing. If I don't, I'll forget. So, because of my routine issues, I put deodorant on tonight. Tonight, y'all. Right before I'm getting in bed. Is that even necessary? Please humor me and tell me you do the exact same thing. I think I am so weird. And OCD.

At least I know I'll be so fresh and so clean, clean when I get up in the morning.

Me and Degree: Pure Rain are over and out.

7 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

hey woman!!! how are you??? praying much grace over you today!! love you, Leigh

Jenny said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to see Claire Bear's house :) so fun! I do feel so old that we are all doing these things.

And i'm very glad you are loving your book.

Me and my Degree:Shower Fresh are back to work. Peace out!

debra parker said...

I put deodorant on after every shower. Maybe I am just stinky.

See ya Tuesday!

Kelli said...

I put deodorant on after I shower at night!

Becca and Dee said...

Hi Lindsee. I so enjoy reading your blog. You are just the cutest little thing. I, too, love the custom blog backgrounds - but I get bored easily and like to change mine too often to pay for it! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

A fellow siesta........Rebecca

Missy said...

I am all about the free backgrounds that you can change often. :) This one is cute!!!

I love my degree, but after my shower at night, I am a baby powder girl. Not sure when that started, but I can't sleep without it.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Linds, whenI clicked on, I thought to self---this is the cutest blog outline thingy that I've seen...it's a keeper and the price is right...

Warm over here too...i'm only two 1/2 hours away now...

that book sounds interesting---i'll have to look it up to see what it says...and I'll just have to pray that your matchmakers hear God saying this is the way, walk in it...

when you're single and start marrying off your friends and they have houses and babies, then all the more, your longings are heard and legit and luring...Hosea 2:14 He is alluring you in this season...and I know you will answer Him...