With that said, you can imagine my surprise and joy this morning when I read Miss Beth's story about Moon Pies. Absolutely hilarious, and one that I could totally relate to!
The truth is, Moon Pies are hard to come by now days, so when I have the opportunity to purchase one at a gas station, I am just elated. For some reason, gas station Moon Pies are the best! I would love to say they're fresh at that sweet Valero, but I'm not so sure about that.
So, in honor of the Moore's, you know, because we're on a last name basis, I will recount to you my recent story about Moon Pies, complete with pictures, that I had every intention of blogging about a few months ago, but just never got around to it. (Kind of like the time I wanted to blog about the chicken nuggets I got to eat at least once a month in my old elementary cafeteria during student teaching, but just never did. However, know that I love the chicken nuggets from school. And I didn't just used to, I still do.)
Anyway, back in January, Sally asked me if I could take a day road trip with she and the boys to College Station. Since we all clearly know that I love Sally and her boys like they are my own, I accepted the plea and off we went. (Little did I know it was just the pre-trip as I would venture with them to Kentucky just a few short months later!)
After a few hours in College Station, before we got back on the road to head home, we stopped to get some gas and a goodies to munch on.
We didn't munch on the gas, just the goodies.
So, while Sally pumped the gas, I went inside and purchased my frappuccino and my Chocolate Moon Pie.
Once I returned to the car with the snack of champions, Sally took Jude in so they could pick their snack while I waited in the car with Brennan.
Mind you, neither of them had seen what I purchased since it was in the handy white plastic bag.
So, I was shocked when they arrived back at the car, only to see that Mr. Jude had also picked out a Chocolate Moon Pie.
Seriously, folks, I chose the same snack as a two and a half year old. It really shows my maturity.
Sally just got her self some good ole' gas station coffee, and once we were all buckled in and situated, we got back on the road all gleeful with our Moon Pies and coffee.
That is until Jude got it all over himself , was completely over it and had enough of the Moon Pie. For him, the joy only lasted so long, in which I was tempted to eat the rest of his, but my self-control took over and I did not consume two Moon Pies in one car ride. Go me!
6 comments:
Haha I saw Beth's post too and and also have long term relationship with moon pies. However, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of them in the south east where I live, I've never not been able to find them when I wanted to buy them! Happy Moon Pie eating :)
Um, why am I always making that face in pictures? Is it really THAT becoming??
No.
Nope.
Not very becoming.
So I'll commit to quit. ;0) No more of that!
I had forgotten how ENORMOUS moon pies are until my tiny tot was holding it. Am I a bad mom? I mean, I knew he wasn't going to eat the whole thing!! He's like his dad, with no attachment whatsoever to sweets.
Um, yeah, definitely didn't inherit that from his Momma.
We love you!
On the way home from church on Sunday, Jude was fussing- mostly because that's all he really ever does in the car (as you know!)- and suddenly paused. I turned to look at him and he said this:
"I want Lllynsi (phonetically). I want Lllynsi in da car."
I told him was so sorry, but Lindsee's in Texas. Yet, he insisted that you come. Maybe next time I'll tell him if he can find you a hot date in Louisville, you'll be up here next week.
How does that sound? Honkey Donkey?? ;0)
Like I said, we love you!
Sally
MMMMMM :)
guess what I am craving now??? Even though I have NEVER had a moon pie before in my life!
You are all making me want one! I had never heard of banana moon pies before Beth mentioned them. I want a snack right now. It's almost midnight up here in Michigan so I think I'll have something!
Hope you are doing well, Lindsee!
Love,
Angie xoxo
Hey Lindsee,
I read your blog but have never commented. Love it by the way.
Love Moon pies. In fact there is a book I read about the histroy of them. Very interesting. Academy sells moon pies and Cracker Barrel sells them by the box. My husband and I are going on vacation and will be going through Chattanooga where they are made. Maybe we should stop by and fill up for friends.
Post a Comment