Everything about our church service was just great. And lo and behold, we sang Worthy Is the Lamb. I was beside myself joyful! I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that song on my blog almost every Easter. It is most definitely a favorite! My parents both serve in the worship ministry so they were at all the services, and my older brother was flooded in for the morning at his house, so me and Kev enjoyed the last service together with lots of dear friends. However, it was so crowded they had to bring in more chairs! Praise the Lord! Not only that, about 50 folks raised their hand at the end of the service to respond to Christ. It sent chill bumps up my body! Still does!
After church we hosted the Gibson's, Nelson's, Crocker's and our sweet friend Jessie at our house. Unfortunately, we didn't do our normal holiday gathering with the Snow's, so we missed them, but still had a great day.
At lunch the sun decided to make an appearance and it was gorgeous! We got to enjoy a lot of the day outside, while the boys sat inside and watched golf, which was nice since we were under a tornado watch prior to the sun's arrival. (And even when the sun did come out, we were still under the watch. Makes no sense!)
That evening I left a house full of folks and headed to HFBC. Both services I went to, my church and HFBC, had a choir and orchestra. I know that's not really the "in" thing right now, contemporary is definitely taking the lead, but occasionally I miss the traditional worship style. Please don't hear me complaining at all about our worship, I love contemporary just as much as I love traditional, I guess just every now and then I really enjoy the mixture, which is exactly what it was a both services!
It was so encouraging to hear two entirely different sermons, yet two completely encouraging sermons each on the Resurrection and the importance of the Cross. One on fear and one on doubt. So relative to our culture right now. I love our Pastor Dave Gibson and I love Pastor Gregg Matte. Each of them are gifted teachers so I was doubly blessed yesterday! (Is "doubly" even a word? If not, it is now according to Lindsee Lou.)
Last night I tried to watch Swing Vote, but conked out before it ended. I was exhausted from the weekend!
Today instead of going to work, I took a retreat day. One thing I love about being on staff at my church is that we are encouraged to take one retreat day a month. To be completely honest, since I've been on staff since last May, I have taken one retreat day. I just kind of forget and there is a lot to do so I feel guilty, but, at my young age I don't want to burn out tomorrow. Burn out is so common among ministry workers and I'd rather not be a statistic!
So, I took me, myself and I, along with my bible and iPod to The Woodlands for the day after sleeping in bit. I'd been at church every day last week till about 10:00 p.m. on a few nights, so to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this day of refreshment and rest is a complete understatement. After grabbing a quick lunch at Raising Canes, I made my way over to Starbucks where I sat outside for about four hours. It was the perfect day to do just that because of the awesome weather. I'll take full advantage of any good weather day because come June, all hopes of sitting outside for that long are slim to none unless I want to melt. I had the sweetest time with the Lord and am now ready to attack this week with a fresh, positive, revitalized attitude.
Why don't I do that more often? I really need to make that a habit.
I'll be completely honest and tell you that days like these are days that I am so thankful for the job I have. A job that encourages me to take a day with the Lord and just renew. A job where your relationship with the Lord is top priority. It's also days like these that I am so thankful I am single. Gasp! I don't have any other person to worry about telling all my plans to, or worry about if I am having to get kids anywhere, or make dinner for anyone. I know that may sound so selfish, but I am soaking it up! I am truly so blessed.
Well folks, on that note, I'll leave you with a few pictures, then this homegirl is off to bed. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that you too will set apart time to spend with Jesus. I promise it does the soul, and body, good!
Our family of five finally all together! (We haven't been all together since Christmas Eve!)
These was not our Easter attire, however, we look live we coordinated colors. Especially Easter colors. Go us!
This was the part where my Dad said, "Look over here boys and girls!" Boys and girls, really?!
Enjoying the great weather!
10 comments:
I love when you have family pics of the 5 of you :) It warms my heart. You all do look very Easter-y.
I'm so glad you had a retreat day. I wish my office encouraged us to do that!
Call me this week (my phone is fixed, PTL) and we'll discuss details about the gala.
love you
Retreat days + Lindsee Lou = BAH-LESSING!!!! Take your Sabbaths young working lady!
Cute pictures! Your hair has gotten so long- I love it! Glad you had a good and restful Easter! Can't wait to see you!
I too love that you took a day off...It seems like you just had a wonderful day with Jesus.
I too wanted to thank you for praying for my mom... I just told Holly that some of you bloggy sisters have become dear to me...You are one dear to me... I know if we lived closer we would be friends... At first I thought since I am in my 30's I could be your mentor, but sweet thing with your love for the Lord you could be my mentor :)
Blessings as you continue on your journey with Jesus :)
Kim
I'm so glad you took your retreat day! I don't want you burning out! Your family is beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us! Hope you are feeling refreshed! Oh, BTW: I love the traditional music, too!
Love you,
Angie xoxo
What a great picture...I am so glad you had a nice day. Stop by my blog and meet Baby Jack, our little miracle.
Wasn't it AMAZING the transformation made from the morning to the afternoon?
Girl you take those one day a month retreat days!!!
Thank you! I love the family pics- so adoreable :) your hair is getting so long! It looks good! I can't figure out how to add people to my blog so I can just click to their page and i want to know how to do music... i am so confused haha
the dress is actually from jcpenny-yep, so random! we dont have tjmax or marshalls up here and the ross is really scary :(
I miss you! Are you going to Laura's shower on 4/25? If so, we should try to do a sleepover in h-ville!
Love you Lindsee Lou!! I'm so glad that you had a busy and fabulous Easter! Praying that we all hang onto that spirit we had on Sunday!
Big hugs! Oh, the pix are adorable!
YES i do think bread is sweet and cute :) HA!!!!! I love you girlfriend!! I miss you ever so much!!!
Tomorrow is out chat day...i have to sit at home from 8-11 my time waiting on the dishwasher man :) Does that work for you?? I NEED IT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment