It started out this morning with an appreciation coffee bar at work for the administration assistants that was delicious. Seriously, my Vanilla Latte tasted almost exactly like Starbucks and friends, that is swell.
After coffee and a staff meeting, my bosses treated me and our other assistant to a lunch at Red Robin. It has been far to long since I've had a juicy burger or bottomless fries from there, so it definitely hit the spot! We had a grand ole' time.
Tonight we actually didn't have any youth activities because our building is currently being used for some other things at the church, so I treated myself to a Singles Bible Study. Yes ma'am, I did. And as awkward as it might have been at first, I did enjoy myself, the Word taught, and felt like the "normal" single girl for once. Lest you be fooled that I did this daunting task on my own, rest assured, I took my sweet friend Allison with me and we had a great time! I think I whispered to her about fifty-million times how thankful I was that she was there with me. Seriously, those single groups are quite intimidating. Especially if you are by yourself!
And because I know you're wondering, yes, there were many cute boys there.
Moving on, before I left for Bible Study tonight, my Mom had been watering the plants outside and came in screaming that there was a snake in the plant. Bless, y'all, if anybody has a major phobia of snakes, it is my mother. She gets nauseous at the picture of one on T.V. No joke! So, I quickly ran to her rescue and took a picture. Because sister here honestly isn't anymore brave with the reptiles. We're just not BFF, and that's how it should be. Both of us had to leave, so after calling my Dad who isn't even in Texas at the moment, we decided to leave it and go our separate ways.
But y'all, tonight as I was looking at the pictures, which made my stomach turn, mind you, I saw that this crafty little reptile had feet. Insert nausea here.
Seriously? Is this a lizard? A skink? A snake confused at birth? A snake that got mixed up with a lizard and is now a snazard? Slizard? What is this thing? Whatever it is, I think it is having a little bit of an identity crisis.
Whatever it is, I am officially grossed out.
He thought he was all cute visiting on Earth Day, but he doesn't realize that he chose the wrong front porch. Sorry, slizard, we're not that fond of you. Besides, who are you? What are you?
So, back to the egg.
You are supposed to crack the egg in the contraption, puncture the egg, then microwave it. Normally it does do a little "dance" in the microwave that highly entertains us all, but tonight, it went all crazy and popped open in the microwave when there was one second left, leaving egg everywhere. I laughed so hard, because prior to my egg mishap, the sausage had just exploded all over the microwave as well. It was a hott mess. And by hott, I mean steaming.
Needless to say, the microwave was completely against me tonight.
As was my attempt at "cooking!"
I quickly recovered what I could, enjoyed my homemade Egg McMuffin, and then had a date with 409.
7 comments:
Ok I squealed with delight when you said there were many cute boys there - hehe
And I also cringed at that lizard thingy - EWW!
And now I am craving an Egg McMuffin ;)
I love you LINDS!
Kim
Girlfriend, that thing grosses me out! I think it is some kind of lizard. I have to confess that one day my son, Georgia and myself were weeding the flower beds in our former home. All of the sudden 3 snakes came slithering out and please don't be mad but we killed them. Freaked me out! I have the funniest snake story:
I was at a friend's house one summer day, we went outside to look at her flowers she had recently planted. I said, Kim, why did you put a fake snake in your flower bed? She said, I didn't and I thought she was kidding and I started walking over to it and it moved! We screamed and went inside to get her husband. Now, he was about 6'6" a former Marine, big man, he was shaving at the time but he came running to the front door with shaving cream all over his face. He opened the door and the snake had moved onto the porch. Ewww!!! We went around to the back deck and walked around to the front of the house and the snake was gone. We split up to find the snake. We met on the side of their house and we had no luck. When ALL of the sudden he looks and the snake had slithered onto their electrical box! We were freaked out that it could do that. The black snake on the side of their house. He went and got the garden hose in the front of the house and I got the one in the back of the house and he told me if the snake came toward me to spray water on it. He started spraying the snake and the snake moved toward him and I freaked out and turned my water on but having to hoses on at the same time stopped the water flowing in both hoses. LOL He said, turn your hose off,(in a panic) about the time I did that the snake was still going toward him and he started spraying it, also at this time his wife had gone to get their truck and drove through the yard and ran over it, only it didn't kill it, when she ran over it, the snake jumped straight in the air toward her husband he sprayed that snake in it's face! LOL
He said all he could see was the snake's face close to him. The snake finally slithered across the street! I know this is a "you had to be there" moment but even today I laugh as hard as I did when it happened!
ewww it does have legs... that is the weirdest thing I've ever seen!!! haha!
I think that that was a pretty eventful Earth day! The Slizard was just amazing. Not a major fan of the reptial family but it was cute in a strange way. I think you might have discovered a new species of reptile and it shall be called Slizard. Yes appliances do fight back everyonce in a while. Hope you had a good one!
Elke
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!! I am freaked out just reading about the "snake" thing!
FREAK-EE!!!!
i found your blog via LPM's...
i just want you to know that i laughed out loud, reading this post.
"a Snazard? Slizard?"
it is pretty creepy looking.
your post + Patty's comment really helped me to end my day on a light note. :)
hey girl. i would LOVE to see you sunday, but understand if you can't come. i mean i know how sundays go as a church worker! =) i'll also have a shower in houston in june (27th i believe). =) love you!
Post a Comment