Thursday, January 28, 2010

Do It Lord

*Debra just posted this link on her blog. It's a post that a missionary wrote about Ronel and how he dealt with not getting to come home when all the other children did. It will break your heart, but will push you all the more to pray.

I think it goes without saying that all of us know what's going down in Haiti.

It's devastating and I can't imagine how the Haitians are feeling or what they're going through. I can't even begin to say I know how they're feeling, because I don't. Hurricane Ike doesn't compare to anything that's gone on in Haiti. So, I'm not going to pretend, I'm just going to pray.

Pray that the Lord would provide people to go, give and pray.

One thing I know we can all do is be on our knees for Debra Parker and her sweet family.

Not only be on our knees, but watch God write a story that only he can write.

The Parker's have been in the process of adopting a little boy, Ronel, from Haiti for as long as I've known them. Debra and I met through blogging, but have since become real life friends and I adore her. Her faith and perseverance is nothing but encouragement to me.

Since the earthquake, they thought that the adoption process (that already takes years) was going to take even longer. However, I've been praying since that day that it only speeds up that process. And sped up it has.

I won't even go into all the details because there is a ton I honestly don't even understand or can explain. But currently Ernest is in Haiti and is trying to bring their boy home. I think it's appropriate to admit now that I've been obsessing over this since everything has gone down.

Debra is keeping their blog updated with the details that she can give, so I encourage you to not only pray, but go read her blog to get the whole story and leave her a prayer or comment of encouragement.

What man can't do, God can. And we're believing Him to bring Ronel home SOONER than later. Like soon as in this weekend. We're believing him that we'll need to plan a "Ronel Shower" when he gets here. Sweet Ronel has already had to watch his other friends leave as he was left behind and I can't imagine him having his heart broken again as his "dad" comes back to the states. Can you imagine?

So, please join me in praying for this sweet family. They have a slew of people standing in the gap for them and to add more to that list doesn't help.

Also obsessively this week I've been listening to Do It Lord by Travis Cottrell. I couldn't think of a more appropriate song for this whole process. Seriously, check out the lyrics:

I see the lost and nameless ones remembered
I see the widows shouting out your praise I see the friendless loved and celebrated
Orphans fulfilling, Lord, Your calling on their lives

I see forgiveness overtaking hatred Pride and prejudice now giving way to love
I see depression replaced with joy and gladness

And Satan’s lies now bowing to the Truth

Do it Lord, do it Lord, Do it Lord we are praying,
Do it Lord, do it that your glory may be seen

This is our prayer O God
This is our desperate cry
In these days that we’re living now

Let Your kingdom come let your will be done


Do it Lord! So that your glory may be seen!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Girl...I am right there with you on the obsessing (and praying!) part. There is not a song more appropriate! DO IT LORD!

debra parker said...

I need to get a hold of that song.

love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsee! Just found your blog and loved reading it! Just know that I'm joining you in prayers! Have a Blessed Evening!

Kelli said...

I can't stop praying for them and checking to see if he is HOME!

That song is PERFECT!