Like for instance, when somebody asks me where I'm going and I tell them I'm going to spend a weekend with a bunch of bloggers, some of whom I've met and some of whom are strangers, more often than not they look at me like I'm crazy. Crazy or not, I absolutely love it.
There is a peculiar saying that people use to explain Texas A&M University and I think it is very appropriate for blogging, too. It says, "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it." That pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole blogworld. (Aggies, I do love your school and took that quote out of context, so please forgive me. But isn't it appropriate?)
So, when I tell you that I spent the weekend with a bunch of bloggers, would you be surprised? Last January Beth Moore challenged a bunch of her readers to memorize 2 scriptures a month and I took the challenge, along with 2,000 other ladies. It was so neat and I am grateful the experience of intentionally hiding God's word in my heart. This past weekend was the celebration of memorizing all 24 scriptures appropriately called the SSMTC, or the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration. Of course, not all 2,000 ladies were able to join, but we had the funnest group of 500 ladies!
It's pretty much been a blogup week, which I am totally okay with.
Friday night Heather and I drove down together and I'm pretty sure we both could have wet ourselves. I'm not sure why I was so nervous, but I just let it get to me. I even left my bible in the car and had to go back out and get it! I just enjoy Heather so much and am so glad we got to endure sweaty palms together. Once we got there I was fine and immediately found Georgia Jan, Kelli, Karen Barrows, Mom of 11 (Wendy), Missy, Big Mama and Emmy. I loved hugging their sweet necks and seeing them in person yet again.
After our session Friday night, which was super fun and encouraging with some awesome worship and teaching, I walked out to the lobby to find sweet Bev, Angie, Patty and Annette! Talk about some wise, encouraging ladies. I just love them to pieces. The whole time we were chatting and taking pictures I was holding my piece of Beth's Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake, my mouth was watering, but the last thing I needed was bits of brownies in my teeth. It took me a sweet hour to eat that thing. Mercy!
The night went by so fast! I told Heather that we were silly in not getting a hotel room. How fun would that have been? Next time, Heather, next time!
Saturday morning came quick but I was far from tired cause I had a ton of adrenaline. This was the day we were saying our scriptures and I knew I'd forget every last one of them. Thankfully, I did not! I couldn't say all 24, but I did more than 10! Praise Him!
After worship, Beth continued in teaching from Psalm 119. Y'all, my notes are upstairs at the moment, but it was so good. (Originally I just typed "god" for "good." It was most definitely God, though!) What I can remember is that she reminded us that in Psalm 119 the psalmist believed that he would actually direct us. He is the light unto our path and it's just one step at a time. All the while, we have to believe Him for that. We can't take matters into our own hands. If once we're done praying and done making our petitions for that day and we still have a heavy or burdened heart, we're still relying on ourselves to be God. We're not truly giving it up or trusting Him. Whoa. Folks, we will never be God to people or ourselves. I want to pray and release it to Him! His burden is much lighter than mine.
Once the teaching was done, they did a few giveaways and we had a short Q&A. I love Q&A's. They're just so fun and real!
We ended with In Christ Alone by Travis and then we were released! Talk about a whirlwind.
Of course we're bloggers and girls which means we can talk up a storm, which is exactly what we did in the foyer. I finally found and got to hug Melissa at this point (which I would have been so bitter if that weren't the case) and even Miss Beth! I truly did not think I would get to because I wanted to give everyone else a chance in line since I'm here every Tuesday, but after we did hug, I was so glad I got to.
After it was all said and done I went to lunch with Georgia Jan, Emmy, Wendy, Karen, and Deborah. Of course, we went to Pappasito's. Where else? Both Georgia Jan and Emmy had never been there and they most definitely got the special treatment. It was so fun!
We were so, so full after lunch but that didn't stop me from taking them to Crave Cupcakes. Yum. We all bought our cupcake, boxed it up for later and just sat outside, chatted and people watched. You can't get better people watching entertainment than at the Galleria. It is unmatched, people.
It was finally time for me to say goodbye and I was so sad. What is it about being with all of them that makes me not want to go? It must be our sweet Jesus. I loved getting to spend the afternoon with each of those ladies. They are each treasures and hilarious! I drove back to my house with such a full heart and an expectation of the next time I will see them, which will hopefully be in Atlanta. We shall see!
Me and sweet Bev! Loved seeing you, lady. You bless my heart!
Bev, me and Patty. Love this! And them!
Me and Missy! Missy, we might have to try this again. I posted it because it was too hilarious not too! Ha!
Georgia Jan, I love you!
Here is Melanie (Big Mama), me and my slice of Beth's Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake. It's only appropriate that the cake was in one picture. :)
21 comments:
It was fun meeting you this weekend, Lindsee!! Love your post!
Great post, Lindsee Lou!
I am still so excited about this past weekend, too!
I saw you around this weekend, and recognized your beautiful face from your blog. Shy me didn't come and introduce myself though! My loss!
I enjoyed reading your recap!
What an incredible whirlwind it was!
Kelli (another one!)
I was so happy that I got to meet you!!!
Lindsee,
Stephen the waiter told me I looked shocked in your picture and I do! Yikes! I had a blast! So fun hanging out and enjoying Houston with you as our personal tour guide! Can't wait to do it again. We Georgia Girls decided we will come on a Tuesday night sometime soon!
W
Oh Lindsee, you sweet girl, I can't put into words how much I have loved getting to know you. I am so glad my sweaty palms didn't cause the car to wreck and thanks for teaching me the "back way." ;)
I loved our talks and the Lord has something special planned for you sweetie. You hold onto His plan is perfect. Love the pictures, and now I am totally craving me some Pappasito's, I am thinking I am going to make a visit there tomorrow!
I am SO sad I missed this gathering! Looks like y'all just had a big ol' blast! And I see some of my favorite folks in those pics! Mom of Eleven, Karen B, Georgia Jan!
Oh Lindsee -- one day maybe we'll meet too!
Loved your recap!
So glad y'all had a great time! I totally would have had some serious sweaty palms along with you and Heather. Glad you got to go with each other!
I loved reading this! Wish we could have met! Not quite enough moments in the weekend! (and I know what you mean...it's so hard to explain to my non-blogging friends this whole community!)
You are such a beautiful girl, inside and out! I loved hearing you call out my name when you were sitting on the floor reciting your verses! In a strange way, I really do feel like we are sisters! It's so cool, Lindsee. Seeing you again was such a highlight of my weekend!
Love you,
Angie xoxo
You make me smile so much. I love you to pieces and hate that I haven't seen you more. And I am talking to Jen this week about the new plan. :)
You're precious so glad I finally got to meet you! Great post!
Lindsee
I was so sad that I could not be there last weekend but I am so glad you guys had such a great time!!!
You are a precious person and I love your heart and passion for Him!!!
Much love
Kim
Awwww.... Lindsee I sure wish I would have been able to meet you. I see your picture and comments all the time on the LPM blog!
I saw that you got to go eat with some of my favorite people. I love Emmy to pieces. I met her in person at the Siesta Fiesta event.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while we were there, so we missed out on a little bit of the action.
The weekend was absolutely wonderful wasn't it?!!! I'm still trying to come down from my high. :)
You are a beautiful girl and I will meet you at the next event.
Thanks for writing me!
Love from Oklahoma,
Valerie
Love your recap. Wished I could have met you while I was there! Just such a great weekend.
Hi, Lindsee! You have a great post and some wonderful pictures...some of which I got to see taken in action, which made me smile. Marla kept worrying about your fork! :) Have a wonderful evening and hope to keep in touch.
So much fun! I loved Pappasitos and the time at Crave Cupcakes! You make a great tour guide! Thanks for taking the time to befriend us Georgia Girls and show us around Houston. It's definitely not the easiest town to get around!!!
Okay, I think I just used up all my exclamation points for the day...love you, girl!
Love the picture of all of us!
Go see our model shot on my blog :)
"What is it about being with all of them that makes me not want to go? It must be our sweet Jesus."
Oh Lindsee... I LOVE what you said!!!! That is it! I still want to be there... don't you! I think it is a small taste of heaven! : )
I just adore you precious one! I pray my daughters (and sons) will love the Lord the way you do! I was blessed beyond measure getting to spend time with you!
Awesome recap! You are a great writer! : )
Have a blessed evening! Can't wait till Atlanta!
Emmy : )
Loved reading your post. I so wanted to be at the Siesta event but we had planned a family vacation for the same week. I have loved reading all the different posts....and seeiong all the pictures..
Post a Comment