Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Most Un-Creative Post To Start Out 2010 With

Happy New Year, you know, 5 days late. I hope all of you had a sweet holiday with family and friends!

Honestly, I've been kind of unplugged (and I mean that in multiple ways as I no longer have an iPhone due to a nice thief) the past few weeks. It's been nice, though. However, I'm super ready to get back into the grove of blogging. It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, because I most certainly do, I've just been taking it super easy the past week. My entire mom's side of the family was in from Colorado all week and we did a whole lot of nothing, and it was splendid. I'll admit, one day I got a little irritated from the lack of activity that had been going on but then I realized how nice it was to just relax and truly rest. I took a nap everyday last week, after sleeping in every morning, and for that I am extremely grateful. Plus, when you have ages ranging from 90 years old to 10 years old, there is much more action than you think. Never a "dull" moment, per say. It was a blast and I cherished every moment. We played lots of games, rested, watched movies, laughed, took naps and did a whole lot of eating. It's always sad to see them go, but I do love our times together. We also took family pictures and hopefully I'll get those soon so I can share them. That was very entertaining!

Anyway, so far 2010 has been dandy. I'm determined to get back into the habit of journaling not just here, but also in my personal journal. This past year that discipline definitely took a back seat and I could tell a difference. I'm not sure why it did, but it's something I need. I love journaling and so far, the Lord has given much grace and I've enjoyed some much needed journaling time. My favorite thing about that is looking back through them. It's always neat to see how the Lord works as I've looked back on all my old journals.

As I've been praying for Passion 2010 these past few days (and been kicking myself that I didn't go) I've been asking the Lord to work in my heart as well. I want and need an awakening from the One and Only. He is everything and I want 2010 to not be a dull year (kind of like 2009) but a year that is full of God's Glory. A year that is marked down in history as a year he changed my heart. I'm being so vague here, but certainly genuine. I've been in a rut and the only thing that's going to get me out of the so called rut is Jesus Christ himself. Nothing else.

So, if you've been wondering what I've been up to the past few weeks, well, now you know. Exciting, eh?

At this point in the post it would be appropriate for me to finish with some neat and creative punch line, but it's 12:31 a.m. and tomorrow is my first day back at work after about a week off. I feel as though I'm in for a rude awakening. No pun intended.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that this coming weekend is our big High School retreat? Because it is. It will force my rear to get back in gear (I'm a poet and didn't know it!) because this week will be no joke around the office. It's full speed, baby.

Night!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I know what you mean...I think it is good to rest and play games, and nap and eat and nap...lol I love it!!

Our holiday was one of the best and nothing great happened but we relaxed more and enjoyed each other. It was kinda sad to see it end.

I also journal and have for years and it is fun to look back and see the prayer requests and how God answered, the verses he gave me and I haven't done nearly as much as I like to.

Have a blessed day at work!

Love,
Patty

Kelli said...

I have never been a journaler. But NUMEROUS times over the past few weeks, I have wished that I could look back at how I was feeling during various points in my life. I think it is time to start. I feel like I don't even know what to do?