Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Blogoversary to Me!

Today is Tuesday, January 18th.

This day means a lot of fun things.

For one, it’s Tuesday, and that means it is Bible study night. Beth Moore starts her new series on James tonight and it excites me to no end. This is actually the first semester that I won’t be attending the whole series, and although that makes me sad, I am committed to another Bible study that I do love, which makes it not so hard to miss.

Secondly, it is sweet Jaclyn’s birthday. She is Jen’s sister and I love her to bits. Not to mention that her children are THE MOST adorable and could entertain me for hours. Happy Birthday, Jaclyn!

But most importantly, and the reason I'm currently writing this blog post, is because four years ago on this very day in 2007, I started this here blog. Can you believe it? Four years! I didn’t think I’d blog consistently for a year, but here we are four years later and I’m still going strong, heading into my fifth year of blogging.

I have never really known how to adequately explain the blog world to people that don’t blog. When I say I’m meeting my “blog friends” for dinner, they look at me like I should take a .44 Magnum with me just in case one might be a serial killer. While I understand that there are crazy folks out there, I am certain that the people I’ve met in this little corner of my world have been some of the biggest blessings of my life.

I think it's so important to have real life friends that know and love you as well, but blog friends that become real life friends are just an added bonus.

I think a list is in order as I tell you some of my favorite things about blogging, some of the biggest blessings, if you will.

1) These ladies. I’m not sure why they continue to let me crash their parties and Bible study time, but whether or not they know it, they are each a huge blessing and mentor to me. What single girl is lucky enough to be surrounded by such wise, funny, and Jesus loving, ladies? I am so blessed by each of them. Some of my favorite memories with them have been our summer Bible study, our baking days, an overnight trip to Galveston to stay in the San Luis and many other fun times. Other fun blogging memories are San Antonio and Atlanta. And those are just a few fun memories! There are plenty more! I say often that by the time I get married or have children, I’ll be the most educated single girl on the planet. I love them. If it weren’t for this crazy blogging world, I’m not sure I’d know them.

Fun times in Galveston with Missy, Amanda, Heather and Debra!




Heather's birthday dinner at Pappasito's with the girls!

Although there are other connections, we pretty much all met through blogging. Who'd of thunk it? These girls are a huge blessing to me.

Hilarious times in Atlanta! Say Rafferty's!

Jen, Karen, Me, Kim, Robyn, Fran and Nikki!


2) Y’all! My readers! That sounds really funny to say, saying that four years ago two people read my blog. I never started this blog with the intention of “gaining readers”, especially strangers, but it is so fun to hear from y’all. To think that my words and heart resonate with some of you, is so humbling and the biggest blessing. I pray that my honest words and heart continues to encourage some of you out there. Especially you single ladies.

3) Reading some of my old posts. Yes, it is a blessing! I don’t go back and read that often, but when I do, I love to see even just through my blog, how the Lord has grown me, where He’s taken me and how my writing has matured and changed. Not that my style has changed (don’t know if I have a style), but just how He continues to strengthen my area of writing.

4) Writing! I really do enjoy writing. I may not be the best writer, or the most funny, or most witty, but it sure is freeing to me. I’ve always been a huge advocate of journaling, and this is just one of the many ways I journal.

5) Because inquiring minds want to know, and because I’m always curious, I think my favorite post so far has been I’ve Rejected Not One. It struck a chord not only in my own heart, but so many of yours. I consistently go back and read that one to remind myself that the Lord will not reject me and that He is ultimately in control.

There are so many other fun things about blogging that come to mind, but those are a few of my favorite. I think I’ve said it before, but it is worth repeating, this blog has been a more than I can imagine type of thing in my life. Truly, the Lord has used it to bless my ever loving socks off and I’m excited to see what He continues to do in this little corner of my world. I pray that when you come here, you not only see the real me, but you see Jesus. That’s my heartbeat.

Because I love y’all so much, and because you bless me every day, and because blogging is one of my favorite things, I’d like to give back to y’all just a portion of what you’ve given to me. So it feels only appropriate to have a giveaway. It will be a little bit like Oprah’s Favorite Things, except it will be Lindsee’s Favorite things, and I’ll only be giving away one item, as opposed to thousands of things to hundreds of people.

You ready for this? Everyone get your screaming faces ready…

One of YOU will be a lucky winner of a $25 gift card to Target!



AHHHHHH!!!! I know you're crying, and screaming and jumping for joy!

I know you’re beside yourself with joy! All you have to do is leave a comment, plain and simple. I’ll confuse myself if I tell you to tweet it and facebook it, so we’ll just make it easy on the both of us.

In some fancy form or fashion I’ll do a drawing on Friday, so be sure when you leave a comment to at least leave a way I can get a hold of you, preferably an email address, especially if you don’t have a blog!

Happy blogoversary to you and to me! I am so thankful for y'all!

45 comments:

Lauren said...

You pretty much summed it up girl!!! Happy blogoversary!!!!!! :) Glad to know you and have meet you in this crazy world!!

Sara Laverty said...

Woo Hoo...I love Target!

(I'm a lurker coming out for a chance to win a Target gift card!)

Jaclyn said...

thank you for the happy birthday shout-out! I adore you (and your blog)! Thank you also for the sweet facebook wall note. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy blogoversary, Lindsee! I celebrated my first anniversary of blogging @ Annie's Musings this past September and will be celebrating four years of blogging in total this October.

And I love Target! They sell some amazing fruit snacks in their grocery section. Along with many other awesome things {like Sharpies and birthday cards and scrapbook stickers and stationary, etc., etc., etc.}, but the fruit snacks are one of my favorites!

Missy said...

So blessed to know you as my blogging, turned real-life friend. Happy day to you!!!

Jennifer said...

I love reading your blog and I so wish I was going to Beth Moore Bible study tonight, but it is just too hard with working and having 2 little ones. Maybe we will one day meet in real life since we are both in H-town. Let me know next time all of you get together for dinner! Hint, hint!!

Kati said...

Happy Blogoversary! I absolutely love your blog. You have provided me so much encouragement as I too am a single gal who's never been in a relationship. I recently started my own blog and am loving it, but have been reading your blog for like a year...don't remember how I came across it! I think I was on a friend's blog and randomly clicking through other blogs and your post that particular day was exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks for blogging!

Alyssa said...

I absolutely LOVE reading your blog. A lot of times when I read it, it inspires me to start my own but I can't seem to do it. I've tried and tried and just can't! So I sort of live vicariously through YOU! :)

agroeper@yahoo.com

Kristin said...

I am so happy I found your blog!! It one of my favorite reads! Thanks for letting strangers like me be blessed!

Jen-Jen said...

wow! 4 years!! happy blogoversary! i always love reading your posts, obviously because i just imagine your voice when we have to go a little while without seeing each other! your words have always been such an encouragement to me and i am so blessed to have you as my friend! i love you so VERY much my friend!

Anonymous said...

happy 4th birthday lindsee's blog!!(i guess i mean blogoversay...) i love you!

yay target! ;)

<3

Becky Kiser said...

happy blog-versary girl!
so glad to have met through blog world!

Brittney said...

Lindsee - girl... I love reading your blog (daily if I can) and you are too sweet :)

Lindsey said...

Happy blogoversary...slash my birthday! What a great day for you to have started your blog :)

Callie said...

yay!!!!! Happy blogoversary to you! I love you and love that we met through blogging!! Here's to many many more girl nights and craft nights!

BeckyJo606 said...

Congratulations! I realized I wasn't an official follower so I became your 100th! Hurray! Thanks for the chance to win the Target giftcard! :)

AKat said...

We got to meet at SSMT last year and I can't wait to hang out again! You are a hoot and a half to read about, and you always have fun and insightful things to say. You're a dear, Lindsee Lou!

And, hooray for Target and four years of blogging! $25 goes a long way on a graduate school budget on the east coast, haha!

Lauren said...

I love your blog! It means so much to read words from a christian lady who knows so much about life.

I would love to win the gift card! :)

lepatton@olemiss.edu

Ben Kubichek said...

I really don't know if this is legit or not, but I saw an opportunity for a Target Gift Card! I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog, whether it be serious or hilarious. Although, I must admit, I think my favorites were your "School Pictures" and "Awkward Hugs" blogs. It has been sooo great getting to know you, and I hope to read about (and maybe even be a part of) many more adventures!!!

Ben Kubichek

Courtney Moore said...

Love reading your blog Lindsee! And I LOVE target - thanks for doing a giveaway! You're too sweet!

debra parker said...

You are one of the funnest people ever! for real.

Angela Baylis said...

Dearest Lindsee,
How can I say this? You were the first "younger" woman who taught me that age doesn't matter. I have learned SO much from you. Thank you for sharing your authentic self via this blog. You really are the sweetest girl and I pray my son meets someone as lovely as you!
I'm off to read "I've Rejected Not One." Thanks ;) Something tells me I'll see you again one of these days! Love you my friend!
Angie xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hope I win! Dad

3girlsmom said...

I'm obsessed with the owls on your header.

I adore you and miss you like whoa.

Happy blogaversary!

Walk in a circle.

Patty said...

Happy Blogoversary! You are a joy!
Love,
Patty

Bryant said...

I think you meant you should take a .44 Magnum with you. I'm pretty sure a Magnum 44 is a really large can of malt liquor.......

Bryant

Lindsey said...

Happy Happy Blogoversary, friend! So thankful you're a blogger! You are, by far, one of my favorites!

Amanda said...

Yay for 4 years! I really enjoy your posts!

Raven said...

Happy Blogoversary sweet friend... I can't believe it's been four years!! If it weren't for you and this crazy blog, I wouldn't have started blogging myself... love you!!!

Sassy Amie said...

Happy Blogoversary!!!

annalee said...

happy anniversary!
what a great day.
oh how i love target,
such a wonderful way to celebrate!

Unknown said...

Hey Lindsee it is Rachel Hawkins. Happy blogaversery. I read your blog for the first time today. You are a good writer. I enjoyed reading it. I hope that things are good for you!

Thanks,
Rachel

tara said...

happy blogiversary to you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved discovering your blog - it's one of those things I'd love to do...someday. :-)

April Sanchez

Unknown said...

So glad I found your blog! I love hearing what you have to say. Happy Blogoversary! :)

Lauren said...

Happy Blogoversary! I love reading your stories/thoughts and getting to know you in this blog world!

Deidre said...

Blogging IS so hard to explain, but such a blessing and encouragement to me. I love reading, Lindsee. Keep writing ...

Chelsea said...

Happy blogoversary!! I really enjoy reading your blog and hope you continue writting for another 5years.

chelsea_shsu@yahoo.com

Taylor said...

Your dad's comment should win! haha This is a cute post, Lindsee!

::Taylor

andrea silva said...

love reading your blog. happy blogoversary! thanks for the chance to win a target card...whoop!

Allison said...

I just started reading your blog about a month ago. I think I found you through Baby Bangs. I have really enjoyed it!

Katie said...

Happy 4 years! That is awesome!

Kylie said...

I love reading your blog.. something I look forward to everyday. Thanks for letting me read!!

kylie.09@live.com

Amanda said...

i haven't been reading your blog very long but i have really enjoyed it so far! your blog is such a blessing! happy blogoversary!

Kelli said...

I am so glad that we are blog friends turned IRL friends :)