She brings the word like no one else I've heard. Her love, desire and knowledge of the word is something I so long to have.
This whole semester is about wising up! :) It is mainly based out of proverbs, which is a wonderful book! But, last night, she spoke on the tongue. And, oh, how I needed to hear that. Let me just tell you one thing, as humans, we have NO greater power in the human body than our mouth and our words. SO TRUE! Our mouth is such a vital thing when it comes to praising our Lord. With the same mouth you can dishonor your father, you can also praise him. Does that scare anyone else?! Oh, how I hope we are a people who use it to HIS glory! Every time we abuse that vessel, our mouth, we have lessened our ability to be powerful and use it for his glory! How sad!
There are MANY things I learned. And as I am posting this, I was just thinking I would only give you a few. Then, that few turned into many points I learned. So, this blog post is going to be a lesson to all those reading. I sure hope you will read on and learn what I learned last night, as I was blessed tremendously by her word to us. Now comes the points!
- God's words are OMNIPOTENT, our words are POTENT.
- Misuse of our mouth = misuse of words
- Nothing is sweeter to HIM than our lips! :) (We give him praise with our lips!) Heb. 13:15
- The fruit of our lips will reward us (Prov. 12:14)
- We have to inhale God's word through reading and meditating on it, as it is all God-breathed. But then we exhale God's word through speaking it! AMEN!
- HE speaks, and it is done.
- He commands what we need to say, and HOW we need to say it. (John 12: 49-50)
- We should want to use our words as they were intended, for Godly use!
- You don't want to be around a gossiper, because if they are talking TO you, they are probably going to talk ABOUT you.
- A few verses on the tongue: Ps. 81:10, 2 Cor. 4:13, Prov. 18:21, 15:4, 18:8, 12:14, 12:18, 15:28, 15:23, Isaiah 50: 4-5, 55:10-11 and MANY more!
One thing that stuck with me was gossip. I am a woman, so therefore I do it. But, alas, that is NO excuse. I will say, if the Lord has taught me anything in the last year, he has taught me to absolutely DESPISE gossip. It's bit me in the butt too many times. HE hates gossip. It brings NOTHING good to you or the other people involved. My prayer is that we would all come to a point when it is something we absolutely hate and CANNOT stand. Be bold, if something is getting out of hand, be the one to stop it. It may be embarrassing and awkward, but it is rewarding in the end.
Proverbs 18:8 says, "The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts." When they say inmost parts, did you know they are talking about bed chambers?! Yes, a place of intimacy we don't even belong, and most of the time it's not even true! Oh, how powerful! Be reminded that if you associate with gossipers, they are clearly talking to you about someone, so therefore, they probably are talking about you when you're not around. Oh, how I want to flee from that. I don't want to talk about, or be talked about!
Anyway, sorry I have rambled, I could go on even longer, but I will refrain! Needless to say, I was blessed last night by the word spoken to me. I hope you are equally as blessed! I can't wait till student teaching when I get to go every Tuesday night again! :)
P.S. To all those who had Rascal Flatts tickets to the rodeo, so sorry you didn't get to see them! I am thankful I didn't buy tickets for myself, as I was so about to, but then they were sold out! So sorry, folks! Maybe another time you can see them! :)
1 comment:
Lindsee,
I was drawn to your blog because of your name you signed on the Beth Moore blog -- Lindsee Lou. I have my own Lindsey (she's 5) and we call her Lindsey Lou!
Then when I went to your blog, I LOVE IT!!! Keep writing and check out my blog sometime, too. www.doricook.wordpress.com
Isn't this fun?????
Blessings,
Dori
Post a Comment