Thursday, March 1, 2007

Headaches, back aches, sneezes, fevers....

Yes, and there is plenty more to go around! It's Thursday...whew! What a week it has been!

I will have you know that I have spent most of the week in my comfortable IKEA bed, or on my precious slip-covered couch! Don't get me wrong, this wasn't my choice, I was simply sick out of my mind!

As you all know I had our high school retreat this weekend, and what a weekend it was! Full of laughter, singing, talking, preaching, you name it, we did it. But, one thing that didn't happen often was something I most definitely love, SLEEP!

Well, the whole deprivation-of-sleep thing didn't help with whatever I came down with. I started feeling 'allergetic' on Sunday and thought nothing of it because I do have allergies. Especially, since I had been playing outside, with Tubby! Monday came and I felt a bit worse, but, once again, pushed it off as allergies. Well, low and behold come Monday night, I felt worse and worse, and worse. So, I took me some Sudafed and laid my sweet lil' head down! But, I did not sleep a wink. I was up all night, sneezing, coughing, HOT out of my mind, yet freezing. A.K.A. FEVER!

I woke up Tuesday morning to go to my reading block in Madisonville, in which I then realized, I just couldn't do it! So, I spent basically all day Tuesday sleeping. Yes, I can't complain, it was nice getting that rest. But, I felt like a horrible student for missing all that class! I also missed TRUTH that night, which, if you know me you know I HATE missing it! Something I so look forward to every week!!

Anyway, I went to what we call here on campus "the quack shack" and got me some medicine. The doctor proceeded to tell me I just have the virus that seems to be plaguing the campus! So, watch out all you SHSU students, wash your hands!

I am feeling MUCH better today, and according to my Hawaiian wearing t-shirt doctor, I should be back to normal in 6-8, but maybe 9-11 days! :)

One thing I can't complain about is the nice sleep I have been getting. I guess the Lord knew I just really needed to 'catch up' on some sleep. So I praise HIM for that!

Anywhoo...I hope you all have had a splendid and healthy/restful week!!!

Until next time...

No comments: