Friday I didn't do much except go to school (duh!), made a VERY productive trip to Target, and lastly, ate some marvelous Mexican food. Seriously, I am so sorry if you don't live in Texas. Tex Mex is undeniably good. (And I'm a sucker for HOUSTON Tex Mex.)
Saturday, I slept in (as long as my body allowed!), then after showering, a trip to Ace Hardware (YES, I went to Ace Hardware!), and a trip to the beloved Willowbrook Mall, I spent the remainder of the afternoon with Jen, Jaclyn, and sweet Grace. We were highly entertained as the boys were trying to pull a car out of the mud. They succeeded, and all was well in man world. By the way, have I introduced you to precious Grace Parker?! She is the most precious thing on this side of Houston. If you don't know her, you should get to know her by going here. She and her precious mom would be delighted to meet you! To give you a glimpse of what your missing, I posted an adorable picture of her below. Now you can't resist, can you! (Jaclyn, hope you don't mind that I stole this picture! I needed one!)

After a fun filled afternoon at my besties house, I was FINALLY able to get out of the driveway. (I was stuck due to 3 cars parked behind me!) I was headed to Emily's Bachelorette Party/Lingerie Shower! Emily is the beloved bride-to-be. In 3 weeks she'll be making a trip down the aisle and my heart is just ecstatic for her. She is BEAUTIFUL and I know she will be a stunning bride.
After a glorious night of fun, laughter, and some more tex mex, this blogger was pooped. Claire and I had a slumber party of our own. Y'all, what is it with girls?! We were EXHAUSTED after arriving home by 1 a.m. and I'm pretty sure we were up until at least 2:30 a.m. talking. Can I say crazy?! Needless to say I will sleep VERY good tonight. The thought of me even laying my head down on my pillow makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I love sleeping.

After heading to bed at an ungodly hour, I woke up, went to church, then headed once again to the besties house for a church ladies shower for Emily. Fun times. She received many wonderful things, my favorite probably being the sandwich/panini maker. Do y'all know my love for panini's? Because it is great. I could eat one for every meal. Since Jen was in town, I stayed at the shower for quite some time. Even though I was so stinkin' tired, I don't know when I'll see Jen again, so any time I could get this weekend with her, I took great advantage of. I miss her so. (Of course, along with my other worldwide besties Joanna and Sally!) How many times can I say that I MISS MY GIRLS!

Upon leaving I headed to Target once again to get some shoes that I have been eyeing. They are some flat pointy shoes. And as a "teacher" you know I have come to LOVE me some good flat shoes. I actually ended up buying 2 pairs, but I know they will not go to waste!
And now, all I can think about is my sweet bed, that I am so very thankful for, and the Teacher Work Sample that is constantly on my mind. The TWS is a "paper" that we, as student teachers, have to do in our first placement. I wish I could say it is just a "paper" though. It's more like a thesis. The more and more I think about it, the more I convince myself that in doing this, we should receive our Masters degree, along with our Bachelors degree. But, it ain't happenin', so I've just gotta do it. Seriously, though, if you think of me, would you pray for that? It seriously makes me all kinds of stressed and anxious. It's due February 25th, so until then I may be a little absent from blog world. I really need to focus. (If you REALLY want to know more about it, just google it!) ;)
Well, folks, I hope you had a fabulous weekend. I just finished up my Starbucks (White Chocolate Mocha with peppermint) and am so ready to wash my face, do my Breaking Free homework, and head to bed.
Have a wonderful week. Be filled with HIM! He loves you so...
8 comments:
OMG-- what a cute baby!!!! Of course I don't mind!!
By the way....you looked just beautiful (as always) at Emily's party...even though you had like 5 minutes to get ready :)
Love you!!!
Darn it, Jaclyn's comments confuse me every time! I guess I'm not used to sharing my name :) It was fun seeing you this morning! I'll keep you and your TWS in my prayers. Have a great week Lindsee!
I looooved seeing you this weekend! Remember to save your math text books just in case you ever need them :) LOVE YOU
you have too many jackie/jaclyn/jackielyn friends- wow- haha!!
How're you liking the homework? Thanks for putting up with my tod sitting with us last Tuesday- I must say, I was surprised she lasted the WHOLE time. I mean, what 2 yr old sits pretty much silently for 2 hrs?? She must get it from her dad, I have trouble sitting still and not talking for that long!!
Will you be there this week?? Hope so- I have a babysitter and I am hoping to try to get there earlier this time- the past 2 weeks have been worst than usual for me with the traffic!!
Hope to see ya tomorrow sweetie!
Love ya girl! :)
Be blessed... Sally has updated her blog!!
BTW - My mom absolutely LOVED the plate! She totally thought that the one you made for Jenny was a piece of work by Jane Melton!! Talk about talent - you certainly are gifted!! I can't wait to see the masterpiece!
Love, Kaye
GUESS WHAT?? I got my plate and i'm about to take it out of the box, find it a perfect spot in my home and email you a picture!! I love ya Lindsee. Thank you. Ill mail your check on Thursday. Hope you included the price in the package ;)
Bless you friend. I can't tell you how fun this will be to see this plate every day and know that my imaginary friend and Siesta made this just for me with her sweet, sweet hands.
Hugs my friend!
Fran
You are a wise woman to understand the value of flats so early in your teaching career. I spent months at the chiropractor after teaching a couple of years because I was too stubborn to learn that concept as quickly as you! Hope the Target flats are cute!
Flats are the only way to go when teaching! Glad to see you had such a fun weekend. :) Good luck on your project! Hope your week is going well.
Missy
Post a Comment