Monday, January 21, 2008

Officially A Houstonian

Well...not that I haven't ALWAYS been one, but as of Sunday I am back in Houston for good. (Meaning my apartment is finally all moved out of...after many trips!) I felt like the Friends finale yesterday when my roommate and I were leaving our keys on the bar counter. Weird. I mean, we didn't stand there holding each other crying, but to be standing in an EMPTY apartment that has made some great memories is a different feeling!

The prior weekend, upon leaving Huntsville, a few friends of mine came to see me and we spent most of the day touring Huntsville. For them it was their "firsts", for me it was my "last!" I had no greater joy than showing them the great city! It was fun, we had tons of laughs, toured everything historical, went to the basketball game and the boys even won some Harlem Globetrotter tickets!!! What could be better?! It was a wonderful ending.







The last night we spent in our apartment was just the greatest, though. It was the cherry on top! Since we didn't have any furniture in the living room, we decided to have a sleepover!! We invited a few friends over (which consisted of Hannah), pulled our mattresses out into the living room and absolutely acted like we had WAY too much to drink all night. (Disclaimer: we had NOTHING to drink! We were just plain silly!) It was nothing short of a blast. And, I had never slept in the living room before, let alone on my mattress in the living room. I highly recommend it if you are searching for some F.U.N. There ain't nothin' like a good ole' girly sleepover!


I'm not gonna blame it on the sleepover, but I was EXHAUSTED on Tuesday. I don't think I stopped. From taking a test at 8:00 that morning, coming home and packing up more, then finally leaving for Houston, driving in the rain, then getting home just in time for bible study...I could barely keep my eyes open. I was ever so glad to put my head on that pillow!

Of course you all know that I started student teaching last Wednesday, which has been great! But that sure kept me busy and was the reason for heading to bed MUCH earlier than I am used to.

This weekend was the grand "move out of my apartment weekend!" I always dread moving. It is seriously a HUGE hassle. And really, WHERE DID HALF OF THIS STUFF COME FROM??!! I mean, it was load, after load, after load. Thankfully, my parents and older brother are wonderful and helped me move. Such a blessing. After we loaded everything possible, they headed back to Houston while I stayed the night at one of my friends house. Even though everything was gone, we still had cleaning to do. So, Sunday morning I woke up, met Megan at the apartment, and we FINISHED. It is a wonderful feeling. On our way out we got Whataburger and it hit the spot. I love Wataburger. I was/am so glad to be home and done. I fell FAST asleep for a wonderful Sunday (late) afternoon nap. It's been a while since one of those. I have forgotten the joy of it!

Sunday night was calm for me. The house was empty (everyone at their own bible study) so I headed to Taco Cabana for some tortillas and cheese, came back, got comfy, ate my dinner, watched Princess Diaries on the Disney Channel and finished some plate orders! Productive?! I think so.




Today, on this grand MLK day that we have had OFF, I have gotten many "little" things on my to-do list checked off. What a relief that is. I think I am now ready to tackle the week and make it a good one!

Well folks, thanks for listening to my ramblings. I know my posts have been so random lately, I guess it's just a refection of my ever so random/crazy life right now! I do hope it slows down soon! I know it will and until then, y'all have to enjoy this randomness! So sorry!

Much love to all of you! I hope your week is marvelous! Hey, we had Monday off! What could be better?! :)

18 comments:

John and Joanna said...

oh my word!!!! I LOVE the plates!! I am thinking that i might need MORE than ONE :)

I love you more than life :)

Megan said...

Well, several things...One, that is a HORRIBLE picture of me!! Two, you are just so darn talented. Three, our sleepover was just SO much fun, and I would gladly relive that night! Four, I am glad we still live in the same city and see each other often. Five, I love you!

Raven said...

oh linds.. i just loved the update on your life!! i miss you soo much already! i absolutely love the plates.. i am in thought of one that i could order for my mom for her birthday! you just let me know if you have any ideas!

love you honey!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are some amazing plates!!! I may have to get some more!

Missy said...

Do NOT apologize for randomness - it makes me happy, especially since that is exactly the way I operate!!!

I can totally relate to the "where did all of this stuff come from?" feeling...after a month of de-cluttering my house, I am feeling the same way. It just never ends.

Those plates are AWESOME! I seriously can't wait to move so I can have you make the perfect one for my new house!

Glad you were able to get everything accomplished this weekend and officially move on to the next chapter in your life...
Enjoy your week!
Missy

Jaclyn said...

LOVE the plates...i need one for myself and I am going to order some as wedding gifts this summer...so, no going out of business!!!!

Katie said...

Yay for productive weekends! I am going to order a plate, I just have to figure out what I want on it!! They are BEAAAUUTIFUL!!

Angela Baylis said...

Hey, Lindsee!
I remember reading on Janelle's blog (I think) the other day and I noticed you mentioned you want to see 27 Dresses. You must go see it! I saw it with my mother today and it was great!
You sound as busy as usual! The plates are stunning!
Much love,
Your blog siesta from Michigan!
Angie xoxo

Jackie said...

love the pics- you are too funny!! Glad your officially a Houstonian again- that means we can do out lunch/dinner now! :) Hope you have a good week and hopefully see ya tomorrow- sounds like another fun day of rain and LONG commutes to Bible study!(so worth it though) :) Love ya!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness .. I LOVE THE PLATES! I just might have to get you to do one for us! Too cute!

Traci Anne said...

The plates are fabulous!!! Also, I miss Whataburger and Taco C like you cannot even imagine. LE. SIGH. And yay for being a Houstonian full-time again!! And I <3 the Sam Houston statue, I always have to position my phone just right so I can take a picture of it every time I drive to The Woodlands :)

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

I know the feeling of moving my daughter out of Texas A&M, my daughter out of OU and my son out of Nebraska all this past year and standing on their porches watching them say goodbye to the towns and people who influenced them forever and I'm crying...

I'm coming to Houston this weekend and if I had been able to drive, I could have looked you up this weekend but I have to fly cause I've been real sick and am trying to recover to come...

Are you doing Breaking Free???
Wish I was there today!!!

Fran said...

Its Wednesday night and I hope you are doing ok! You crack me up and make me completely exhausted just reading about your weekend. :)

Hope you are good and lovin life!
You always bless me Lindsee!
Hugs~
Fran

Janelle and Ella said...

I thought of you this weekend when Amanda and I were driving past good ole Sam Houston on the way down to Houston! :-)
You certainly closed a huge chapter in your life last week. I'm glad you are so happy and feel so great about your next chapter.

Shelly said...

I love you! And those way cute plates! And I can't believe you're an official houstonian.

Lord have mercy on that city - do you really think they're ready for you? Obviously they're not

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Linds---we KNOW you are in the Word of God cause you love it, LOVE HIM! That's what it is all about...when you can get to posting what you've heard, we'll be thrilled...but, we know that for right now you are like---new job, new b.s., new place, new friends, new life, right??? Whenever you want to dip in and dip out...wish I could look you up in Houston but I am coming a day late. We are doing this Larry Crabb journey of the heart study and will be hard pressed to get it all in. Pray the weather in FW holds up for me to leave in a.m. And look for me somewhere in Houston---my eyes are open for you! Just love your heart, your support...I just love what you are all about!

Jaclyn said...

hey friend. I am officially placing an order.. :) I want the gold plate (as mentioned yesterday!) but I also want to order a red plate with some kind of valentines decor. Then I can trade my plate out for the holidays :) Oh, and a atand too.
Let me know when they are ready and I can come pick them up or whatever!!!
It was SO FUN to see you yesterday!!!

Becky Kiser said...

I did the same thing with the girls I lived with just before I got married. Every so often we'd pull all three of our (full size) mattresses into the living room. We would do nothing but have a blast. One weekend we stayed in all weekend and just played and watched chick flicks! those good times will never end! :)