Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I Spent New Years in a Grocery Store...

Okay, well not quite. But we sure cut it close, folks!!

Actually, a wonderful time was had by all last night. I met up with some lambs (phi lambs that is) that also live in Houston and we enjoyed a fun dinner at Pappasitos and a little slumber party at one of our friends apartments. It was fabulous. (Really, anything was better than last year. I spent it in bed, upset, and sick with a stomach bug. Not fun. I fell asleep before midnight and woke up a few hours later to turn off my lamp. Happy New Year to me!)

After dinner, we realized we didn't have any snacks or drinks to munch on back at the apartment, so we dropped our cars off at 11:18, headed to HEB, got some goodies, and left the store at 11:38. We ended up having about 9 minutes in the apartment before midnight. Hence why I said we cut it close! We then, for the next 10 minutes, proceeded to take pictures, put on a movie and fall asleep. We've become old ladies!

It was absolutely a joyous time and it is now 2008!!! Oh, the joy!!! Where did 2007 go? I know they say the years go by quicker as you get older, and they ain't lyin'! It absolutely flew by!!

So, here's to a new year. A new start. A refreshing relationship with Jesus. A closer walk with Him. New friendships. The next stage of life and MANY other things. Happy New Year, 2008, everyone!!! Much love and many HUGS to all!!!












12 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

Happy New Year, sweet Lindsee! Sounds like you guys had a fun (relaxing) time. How old are you again?? Just kidding! We had 16 inches of snow here in Michigan! It is definitely Winter Wonderland! I have been very blessed by you in 2007 and look forward to getting to know you better in 2008! I love your heart for Jesus!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Heather said...

I am so sad about the siesta fiesta! I cannot go now. I have my tix but the baby is due the weekend of the fiesta! Excited about the baby but I REALLY wanted to be there!!! You guys MUST tell me all about it!

Unknown said...

Soooo weird...I was on your blog when I got an email with a blog comment from you!

I believe I heard Beth Moore speak about the men standing at the Word being read. For some reason I want to say it is somewhere in Nehemiah...but I am not positive!

Anyway, yeah, that is totally what I was feeling last night...plus, I am on the worship team at church and I see so many people just sitting there during worship...I don't get it. I can't understand how there can not be a total awe while we are in the presence of the KING! Anyway, yeah, this year I gotta just put may face to the floor and let Him change me!

Unknown said...

Soooo weird...I was on your blog when I got an email with a blog comment from you!

I believe I heard Beth Moore speak about the men standing at the Word being read. For some reason I want to say it is somewhere in Nehemiah...but I am not positive!

Anyway, yeah, that is totally what I was feeling last night...plus, I am on the worship team at church and I see so many people just sitting there during worship...I don't get it. I can't understand how there can not be a total awe while we are in the presence of the KING! Anyway, yeah, this year I gotta just put may face to the floor and let Him change me!

ocean mommy said...

Hi Lindsee!

Thanks for your comment on my blog tonight. It's nice to "meet" you. :)

It sounds like you had a fun evening, each one of you are just precious. And NO you aren't old ladies!

We spent New Years with our little girls in our family room. They tried their best to stay up to watch that ball drop. One made it one didn't. The funny thing is, my husband and I were struggling to make it to midnight. I mean struggling!! I am old!!!

Have a very blessed 2008!

Anticipating Him!
steph.

Jenny said...

Oh I wish I could've been with you! But it looks like you had a blast. I love you lady :)

Raven said...

i love that you started it off just like we said!! good times!!!

well i am soo glad to have brought in the new year together.. even if it almost was in a grocery store.. or at a gate.. or in a parking lot.. or on the street.. or in the car.. but alas in an apartment taking a picture!

love you honey!!!

Jackie said...

How fun!! Can you believe Bible study starts on Tuesday already! :) Are you gonna be there?? Happy new year- love ya!

Heather said...

Hey! If jennyhope doesn't want it ... it's yours. She mentioned it before, I'll check with her and find out. :) Thanks!

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Hi Lindsee~
Sounds like you had a lot of fun on New Years--- but you are not allowed to talk about getting older until you are knocking on the door of AHEM- 40.
You sound like such a passionate woman for the Lord-

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

ya'll are so stinkin' pretty! :)

Lisa

p.s. gave you an award..come see! :)

AK said...

I'm totally with you on the falling asleep old lady thing...my friends and I are experiencing that too! So much changes between freshman and senior year in college...nobody ever told me about the sleep thing though, I feel so old!