Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Randomness At It's Best

Hello friends. I come to you, once again, from the sweet land of Huntsvegas! (A.K.A. Huntsville!)

I am back this week and part of next for student teaching orientation. Is it bad that only after the second day my LONG legs already hurt from sitting SOOOOO much?!?!! I love it. Yesterday was long, very long. We had orientation from 8 - 4. It wouldn't be that bad, but y'all, we sit and listen, sit and listen, and if we haven't sat long enough, we sit a little more and listen a little more. The worst part is when my eyelids get so heavy I can barely keep them open. I hate that feeling, but it has happened sooo much in the past 2 days.

Thankfully, today started our VERY FAST class. I've never had a real class last only one week. It's a nice feeling that in one week I will have no more undergrad classes the rest of my life. Oh, the sweet joy that wells in my heart! And, it's only from 8 - 12 noon. Not bad.

So, I'm here, enjoying the last of my apartment and packing it up. It's kind of weird, but I know that student teaching at home will be the best thing and I am thrilled to have the privilege to be back at my old school. I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories for you folks.

So, I told you this would be random, so here it is:

1) I just bought Celene Dion's "Taking Chances" off iTunes. I love that song.

2) I went to the grocery store last night and bought the most random things for this week. It's so hard to buy grocery's for only one week. Knowing you will need them, but knowing you'll only be here one week.

3) I had to buy 3 books for my one week class. Ridiculous.

4) I have a bag of M&M's and chocolate that is sitting next to me. My self-control was thrown out the window. Chocolate is amazing.

5) It is SO flippen' humid outside. Where did winter go?! Oh yeah, it's supposed to be 66 degrees tomorrow. We love winter in Houston.

6) Tonight One Tree Hill comes on. It's all new and is now taking place "5 years later!" Is it bad that I love that show?!

7) Tonight, my heart is sad, because even though I now officially live in Houston. I still have to miss bible study...the first night of Breaking Free tonight. My heart is undeniably sad. It's everything in me not to drive down there and drive right back. I will refrain, though. The weather here isn't too pretty.

8) Going with #7, more than anything this semester, I am excited about Breaking Free. It is one of the many studies I have not yet done. After 3 1/2 years of no Beth, I am excited to begin the journey again. And what a journey it will be! I absolutely CANNOT wait to see what the Lord has in store for me through this study. I know it is nothing less than amazing! And on top of that, I get to meet some siestas! Oh, the happiness it brings me. I love me some Houston girls.

With all of that said, since it's raining outside, I think I may go lay my sweet little head down. Naps are a wonderful, wonderful thing. Amen?! :)

Love to all of you!

P.S. Oh, and I forgot to tell you thank you to all of you that have ordered some plates. It excites me to be able to make them for y'all! So far the mini-business is a joy.


17 comments:

Jaclyn said...

3 book purchases for 1 week? Not great...
also- when you are here and going to Beth maybe I can go with you sometime? I can't go every week because of miss Parker but i would love to go at some point :) Yay!

Erica said...

Hi Lindsee!

Thanks for stopping by my new blog earlier today. I must confess...I have been stalking your blog for months now (found it through Jenny's blog). I love it!

Thank you for the encouraging words you left me today. Seriously, thank you. It's scary as heck to throw yourself out there like that, but it makes it more than worth it when you hear that your story resonates with a sweet sister on some level. So, thank you telling me!

I look forward to sharing our journeys together through blogland!

Erica

P.S. I want a plate, please! One exactly like Joanna's would be perfect. E-mail me at erica_bro@yahoo.com and we can work out the details!

Pea Pod Mommy said...

My mom is doing Breaking Free ... her class starts next week! I loved it when I did it!

Profbaugh said...

First of all, what was that professor thinkin' requiring THREE books?? (cough, cough). Seriously, my son has an intersession class right now (1 week) and they have four books. Argh!!

Second, you're going to love Breaking Free. Don't get me wrong. It's a hard study. But it is so worth it.

I head back to the university next week. So say an extra prayer or two for me!!

Your professor friend in St. Louis,
~Cheryl

Missy said...

Hang in there - you'll be working with those kiddos before you know it! :)

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Gotta go hear Taking Chances...
do you listen to Robbie Seay...
my daughter introduced him to me over break and that guy so brings God to me...his song RISE is the ad on American Idol introducing their season...they are playing RISE!!!! I love it!! Brooke left :(

connorcolesmom said...

Oh I love a good nap too. My favorite is snuggling with my little guy and taking a nap - so sweet.
I am with you on the chocolate. I just ate a whole bag of dark chocolate M&M's and they were so good!
Maybe I need to go workout now :)
GOd bless,
Kim

Jenny said...

Oh Lulu, I can just see you driving down the road in your saturn jamming to "Taking Chances". You use that index finger girl!!!

connorcolesmom said...

Hey Linds,
I do have an e-mail address - connorcolesmom@gmail.com
I look forward to talking to you soon :)
Love ya,
Kim

Angela Baylis said...

I SO wish I could do Breaking Free with y'all! Enjoy! And... I think I may just need to check out the Celine song! Gotta love the chocolate! I love randomness!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Angie xoxo

p.s. I have a huge Stronghold in the cookie department! God can satisfy my every need!
:)

Ashley said...

I love these type of random posts. Sorry I haven't been commenting a lot lately -- things have been crazy. Check out what I have for you at my blog! :)

Holly said...

Praying specifically over you in Breaking Free, my Siesta. Asking God to come in and bring it!

I WILL be ordering some plates...soon. They are pure and lovely. A perfect gift for my friends and family. We await a job that God has for Chris...then I will be sending you an order.
Much love to you, favored one!

Fran said...

You are the joy Lindsee.

Love the randomness! Its fun!

Have a great weekend!
Love,
Fran

Jackie said...

Okay girlie....TUESDAY NIGHT...its a date :) I missed ya Tuesday, but I know you'll be there from now on! It was good!! Beth just laid it out there what to expect and what she expects of us! We start to really get "into-it" next week! So you're right on time! Love ya girl and can't wait to see ya Tuesday! :)

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

did you get my payment? thanks

Tammie Head said...

Hey Girl! How are ya?

Blessings ♥
tammie

Amanda said...

Hey girl! I think I can help with that question you asked. Go to your dashboard and look under settings. You'll see "Let search engines find your blog?" Answer No. See if that helps!