I had a GREAT first day...and second for that matter. I love that I am student teaching with my old teacher. Every teacher I meet asks if I am the one that was her student! She and I proceed to tell them yes and without fail every time they say, "I bet she wasn't that tall when you had her!" :) Yes, I am tall, and I love it.
She gave me the biggest hug when I arrived on Wednesday and was so excited that I was there. I couldn't have felt more "at home!" All the precious cherubs want to know how old I am since they learned that I too went Matzke back in the day. They think I am 100. I will let them believe that for right now because I think it's funny. They really don't have much perception of time!! CUTE!!
I am so grateful for all of you and the prayers y'all have lifted up on my behalf. They are so felt and I have had ENERGY!! Let's just pray I keep it up. I mean, I knew I would be tired...but seriously?! I am pooped. If you think of me, would you please continue pray that I would just be a joy and light to those little ones, and that I would have energy, love and patience?! So far I do love every one of them just the same. And, it's only the 2nd day!
I promise stories to all of you as they come...and boy have they already come! I can tell you one things for sure...being a teacher is never dull.
Well folks, it's 9:37 and I am finding it quite appropriate to wash my face and head to bed!
I've also gotta find my good ole' Matzke Wildcats t-shirt...tomorrow is the wonderful spirit shirt/jeans day!! WOO HOO!!! Do you think I'll still fit in one of my old ones?! ;)
Much love to all of you,
5 comments:
I am so happy that you are havng such a blast!!! My Mom did the same thing by telling her kids that she was 100. So one summer we went to the Fountian of Youth and brought back a bottle of the "special water"!!! The kids loved it! I know that He is giving you all the strength that you need to keep going! Might want to get a wall ready for all the sweet pictures the kids draw up for you!!! Miss you and Lamb Love!!!
I am so glad you are loving it. It must be very rewarding for you...you have been working on getting here for a long time. I am so excited for you! COngrats on making one of your many dreams come true!!!
xoxo
YEAH! You will probably have enough stories for a bloggy book!
I'm always praying for you. You are a dear soul and full of life and love. God will give you the strength and focus and passion you need.....you just keep your eyes and heart on Him.
Love,
Fran
SO glad you enjoyed your first few days and the all important spirit/jeans day!
I too sometimes wonder how I keep up with everything - I will not lie - it is tough staying on top of everything, plus having energy! I am a workaholic, so I might be a little different than the norm as far as how much I do, but I love every minute of it.
All I can say is it definitely gets easier every year, and it is amazing what vitamins will do for you! Can't wait to hear how your time in the classroom continues to go. Let me know if you need any help! What grade are you with again?
Missy
Lindsee--
I am so excited for you! I, too, remember those days not long ago. It is such an awesome responsibility to lead a class, but it sure is tiring too! Whenever you think you can't go another week (or day for that matter), just hold on to the fact that another vacation is right around the corner! Gotta love being a teacher! Enjoy those kiddos!
Ronda
Post a Comment