Like really, is tomorrow already Valentine's Day?! I am actually excited because I just returned from Target with some precious valentine's for my 3rd graders. They have surely stolen my heart. Along with the card and candy, I picked up the boys some "sports" pencils and the girls some "hearts" pencils. Do you know the excitement that will well in their little hearts upon the discovery of these pencils?! Oh y'all, they KNOW the joy of a new pencil. A new pencil equals not only the fact that they get to sharpen it, but it means a new eraser. Oh my gosh.
This past week I have now driven to and from Huntsville twice. What joy! Saturday was my first time back there since I officially don't live there anymore. Kinda wierd, but I got over that fairly quickly. I went because my sorority, Sigma Phi Lambda, was celebrating 20 years. Each school had their own gathering. I went for a short time, but had fun seeing some of the older girls. After that, I went with my (wedding) friend to see 27 Dresses for the second time. Have you seen it? If not, go...now. Y'all, it's simply precious. The minute it comes out you know without a shadow of a doubt that I will be a proud owner!

And seriously, y'all, James Marsden is my new favorite. Can I say absolutely adorable. Yes, I can. :)

Last Sunday, I also got to go back to UHBC. So good. I love it. It just so happened that it was a sermon on marriage. Okay, so I'm not getting married anytime soon, don't even have a prospect, but can I tell you that what I learned was just fabulous. Our pastor taught about love and respect. Yes, there is a book on this, but, he didn't even mention the book. Let me enlighten you with my now wisdom on marriage:
Husbands Need:
1) Significance over Validation
2) Companion over Coach (They need you to be there WITH them. Supporting them. They DON'T need you coaching them, however.)
3) Respect over Affection (Wow.)
Wive's Need:
1) Certainty over Security (That you are absolutely certain you love us!)
2) Value over Conquest (That you think she's worth it. That she's not "less than." That you ADORE her!)
3) Incorporation over Inclusion (That WE are apart of everything YOU are. That we see transperancy!)
Nope. Not married. But I thought it was a pretty good word, and since most of my blogging friends are married, I thought I'd share the wealth! I really can't wait to live and be this to my husband one day!
Okay, enough of that. After church I had a lovely lunch outside at Quiznos. Yum. And, it was gorgeous weather. I just can't get enough of it.
Monday was back to school day. Joy! No, it was just fine. Since I am completely teaching now, the day FLIES by! I love it.
Tuesday I only went half day to school because we had a lunch meeting with our University Supervisor at The Egg & I. It was so yummy and I loved leaving there and NOT having to go back to school for the day. Last night, of course, we headed to Beth Moore, which was fabulous. Y'all, I wish I could re-cap every night for y'all. I am learning SO much and have absolutely loved every night. It's so fun too, this semester, because I've gotten to see Jackie, Nancy and Debra and have loved those weekly hugs. Those are some fabulous ladies. After bible study last night I headed straight to Huntsville, again, because we had to be at a seminar all day today there. Upon my arrival I was exhausted, but then proceeded to stay up later than I have ALL semester chatting and catching up with my girls. Fun times.
Today once the seminar was over I hopped in the car, stopped at the beloved Starbucks to get a FRAPPICINO (the first one all year, I felt the need for cold coffee, not hot) then drove my lovely self home sipping on this, and eating a piece of pumpkin loaf. :)
Here is my FAVORITE part of my day. If you have not heard of Steve and Berry's, well, you really need to listen up. It is an amazing store with CHEAP, CHEAP clothes all desinged by Sarah Jessica Parker. So cute. I first discovered it in College Station, but now, have one close to my house. I normally don't stop by unless I take a certain road home from Huntsville. Well, I decided to take Louetta today, so felt it appropriate to stop by this wonderful store. Y'all. I have been eyeing this one particular jacket all season. Last time I went there they had ONE jacket and it was a small. Sad day. Not my size. But today, as I walked in, there was a whole RACK of these jackets, and they had my size. Seriously, I almost fainted.
You know I hopped right on that and purchased it immediately. And I'll have you know that I broke the bank spending a whopping $8.98 on it. No lie, y'all. NINE stinkin' dollars. I picked up the phone and called my mother promptly.
Cute, huh? It is my valentine's present to myself. And also my outfit for school tomorrow. I also bought another jacket for the same price, but unfortunately, can't find the picture. Belive me, though, it too is fabulous.
Well folks, I'm glad to know you've made it through this whirlwind post. It's quite random!
Much LOVE to all of you out there, even if we've never met! :)
Have a thrilling Thursday,
P.S. Please forgive my spelling. We all know spell check is having issues!
16 comments:
Lindsee,
Your jacket is too cute! Happy Valentines Day to yourself! What a great idea. I'm inspired to go shopping. :-)
LOVE the jacket!!! It is so adorable.
And new pencils, heck I still get thrilled about a new pencil.
Hope you have a great day!
HIIIIIIIIIIi My precious valentine!! So glad you had a wonderful week! Thank you for the marriage tips, preach it girl!
Ummm your cute is beyond fabulous. And for $9???? I am jealous.
I love you
Let's talk about March! :)
Jen
Typo! Your COAT is beyond fabulous. Not your cute. You are cute however.
Thank you for your fun comment yesterday! You are your mom are SO sweet!!
I LOVE the jacket! I have one of those stores close to me, but have only been in it once. I will definitely revisit soon!
That is a good word on marriage. Thank you for sharing!
Happy Valentine's Day to you, Lindsee! I just know that as I type this comment your kids are loving their valentine treats from you.
Hope your day is as fabulous as that new coat of yours! It's adorable!
You just crack me up! I don't know why...maybe because I follow along your randomness so well? Maybe bc my brain is all over the place too and I don't miss a beat with ya? Maybe because your so stinkin cute and completely crack me because you are just adorable!
Regardless....i hope those kids enjoyed their new goodies from their darling teacher! :)
Happy Vday....GREAT POST!
Hugs~
Fran
Hey Lindsee!
The kids will love the new pencils...too fun.
Your coat = Style 101
Price = Savings 101
Savings 101 = More Starbucks. :)
Have a great weekend!
-Taylor
Only a teacher would say please forgive my spelling which was near perfect. And only a copy editor (me) would cringe every time I hit the send button with no spell check working...hey, I have never heard of Steve and Berry's and that jacket is just adorable and I have to find one for my daughter for she has a february birthday...do they have a store in Dallas? Sooooo cute! Can't believe that price either! Okay, you made my night. And pencils---I keep thinking about Jenny Hope's jumbo pencil...
Really came by to tell you I left a string of pearls for you on my blog for Valentine's Day for you to pick up when you can. Love you Linds, Happy Valentine's Day---your King is enthralled with you. Psalm 45:11
Hey Lindsee,
I have just one question for you... Were you by any chance wearing a green vest with a cream long sleeved top under it to Bible study last Tuesday? When I was there I told this girl I thought it was you. (She doesn't have a blog so she doesn't know you.) I felt a little funny about going up to a total stranger and asking her if her name was Lindsee. I didn't want to scare her. I may have seen you! I LOVED being there and I LOVED seeing Beth! You are so blessed to be able to go to weekly Bible study in Houston! I want to go EVERY week!
I LOVED 27 dresses!!!
Have a great weekend.
Much Love to you!
Angie xoxo
I would love any Beth recaps! I'm a little envious that you get to go! Also, I LOVE Steve & Barry's - I was so sad that jacket didn't fit me, the medium was too small around the, erm, ladies, and the large was way too big! SO sad, it's so darn cute!
Just found your blog.. (Sleepless pregnancy night :)) I have had a fun time reading your posts.... and that jacket is gorgeous - not sure what is better the jacket or the price! Look forward to popping in more often.
P.S. I am going to try to find that jacket! I hope they have it up here in Michigan!!! Thanks for sharing it with your siestas!
Love,
Angie xoxo
We have now started my commitment to comment on your blog every day for a week. At least every day that you post. And, when you go to Steve and Barry's buy your Daddy a golf shirt. Bubba Watson sells his shirts there. Bubba Golf. Very good and cheap. Oh, I just can;t wait to comment on your blog.
Post a Comment