Friday, July 18, 2008

Prayer Requests

*Update: As of right now my Gramps and Barb are flying back home to Boulder! They released him this morning and put him on a normal flight with a doctor of some sort flying along with them should anything else happen! Once they land in Denver, they will immediately transfer him to his hospital where his doctors can take a good look at him! Thank you so much for praying! I will keep you updated...

Hi friends!

I keep meaning to post this and time keeps getting the best of me.

This past Wednesday my Gramps (my Dad's dad) was having chest pains. He took himself to the hospital where they realized that he was indeed having a heart attack. They admitted him and put a stint in his heart and then put him in ICU.

The main problem here, besides the fact that he had a heart attack, is that my grandparents are in Belgium. They were supposed to be flying back to Colorado on Wednesday, but this has clearly put a hold on things.

Since Wednesday things have progressed and he is feeling and looking much better. Currently they are running more tests and they are hoping to be released soon. They are thinking about taking a Med Jet home because that is the safest and wisest thing to do, so they are working out all of those details.

Of course it is always scary when a heart attack is involved, let alone that they are in another country. So, if you could just pray that the doctors are catching everything and are making right decisions with my Gramps, we would all be most grateful! Also, that my Gramps continues to get better and can make it home safely to Colorado and go see his doctor!

Thank you in advance for praying, sweet friends! It means so much to our family!

6 comments:

Birdies said...

Know that he is in our prayers. Make note of any updates when you're able.

Blessings, The Birds

Angela Baylis said...

I will be praying for your Gramps and that he can get home safely and for the doctors!
Much Love,
Angie xoxo

Dana said...

I will be praying...let me know what happens...

Ronda said...

Praying for your family!

Kelli said...

I just saw this post and will be praying that for a safe and healthy flight. Also for the doctors who will see him in Boulder to be in a clear and focused state of mind when they see him so they can best diagnose!

Janelle and Ella said...

Lindsee, I'm glad to hear that he is on his way home and doing well. I will definitely say a prayer for your sweet Gramps!